Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roast Dinner - The Best Bit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Although the missus has recently got me eating burnt parsnips and I have to say they're lovely too.....

Roast parsnip is amazing. I do a mixture of parsnip, carrots and sweet potato and roast them in honey and olive oil. Blooming marvellous served with rosemary and parmesan risotto.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Crunchy Roast Potatoes with loads of salt

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the little bit of chicken underneath on the bone,about the size of a 2 pence piece,dark in colour,blows away the rest of the chicken by far

battered cauliflower

horseradish sauce

yorkshire puds

roast potatoes (part boiled,covered in flour and pan fried until golden brown,roasted for about half an hour) of course

roast lamb

swede (mashed in tons of butter)

i always feel peas are an integral part of the taste

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yorkshire puddings are good, but should only be served with beef.

dont be so daft. suggesting you cant have Yorkshires with a nice Lamb or even chicken or pork roast is nearly as barking as suggesting roast potatoes are unpleasant. stand in the corner with Hillan1.

the little bit of chicken underneath on the bone,about the size of a 2 pence piece,dark in colour,blows away the rest of the chicken by far

battered cauliflower

horseradish sauce

yorkshire puds

roast potatoes (part boiled,covered in flour and pan fried until golden brown,roasted for about half an hour) of course

roast lamb

swede (mashed in tons of butter)

i always feel peas are an integral part of the taste

They're called the "oysters" The french consider them the best part of a chicken.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The whole caboodle for me! Keep the swede though. Unless she's young blue eyed and busty!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't really like roast dinner. Would never order in a restaurant for instance.

I like roast meat, I like roasted veg - but would rather have them with roasted tomatoes and no gravy.

I like gravy - but would rather have it with sausages.

I find the whole thing a bit flawed.. sorry. I like a bit of contrast in my food - roasted meat with raw vegetables and bread. I guess I prefer the mediterranean/spanish style of cooking.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tradition and any half decent place that serves roast beef.

Never heard that but if it's true then tradition can do one.

Anyway, for me its the gravy then the roast spuds. And sliced raw onion in malt vinegar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here