Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roast Dinner - The Best Bit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yorkshire pudding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yorkshire Pudding is a dish that originated in Yorkshire, England. It is made from batter and usually served with roast beef and gravy.

and whats that supposed to prove? the same sorce also tells us:
A 2008 ruling by the Royal Society of Chemistry has it that "A Yorkshire pudding isn't a Yorkshire pudding if it is less than four inches tall"

do you get your ruler out to make sure your Yorkshire has risen the prescribed height? stop this beef only nonsene. punish:

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
A good place near me serves all is roast sunday dinners (beef, chicken, pork or lamb) inside a giant yorkshire pudding with all the trimmings with lashes of home made gravy and... mini sausages wrapped in bacon (best with chicken i reckon) washed down with a pint of Black Sheep or Copper Dragon (with a proper Northern head)!!

If you're ever north for a match or just visiting it's well worth a visit...

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Sunday Lunch, traditionally roast dinner time...

So what is everyone's favourite bit in the roast dinner? If someone could create a poll that would be ideal...

- The Meat
- The Roast Potatoes
- The Yorkshire Puddings
- The Stuffing
- The Veg
- The Gravy
- Other (if other please state what else you have!)

Gotta be the meat for me!

3 rib off beef, smothered and roasted in a whole pot of wholegrain mustard. It is the only beef joint that you can still get good old dripping from. Love it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As Uncle Buck says Yorkshire Pudding with beef is a tradition and I was brought up just after the war to only have them with roast beef and horseradish sauce. apple sauce with pork, mint sauce with Lamb and sage and onion stuffing with Chicken all home made of course before Colmans and Paxo started putting the sauces in jars and packets.

Didnt I read that traditionally people from Yorkshire do not have them with their dinner but with gravy as a seperate dish like a starter.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd have roast potatoes three times a day if I could.

But I'd be dead.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I expect Azure will be laying on the Roast Dinner option for Sunday's game. With all the trimmings. Apart from the roast spuds which could be construed as a form of chip and therefore totally unacceptable.

Sep 1, 2011
f*** me want a roast so bad, havent eaten one on a sunday in ages, as usually on a session or just cant eat

The perfect roast for me is any of the meat
Potatoes
yorkshires
sausages
stuffing
onions
parsnips
broccoli
carrots
peas
gravy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports