Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip offs - name and shame

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
London Aquarium £50 for 3 adults and a nipper!
I went to Bton aquarium last thursday and paid £40 for 2 adults and a 5 year old and Bton aquarium is to London aquarium what Withdean is to Emirates.

The 77 bus up to the Dyke was a win though.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Football shirts, £40 every year for a shirt made of cheap synthetic fabric that'll make you sweat like a pig

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Football shirts, £40 every year for a shirt made of cheap synthetic fabric that'll make you sweat like a pig

I can remember paying £35 for a shirt 20 odd years ago,so it is good value today!.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I found an old news paper from 1984 when i was clearing the loft out the other day.When i was flicking through it there was a Currys advert with Video recorders for £600!.Small TV's were £500.They also had them bloody great Hi-Fi towers with a record player on the top made by someone i had never heard of for about £300!.

- Football shirts. From £36.99 I believe. Yeah, like THAT is good value...

To be fair, football shirts have been that price for at least the last 15 years. Which doesn't mean they're good value now of course, just illustrates they were even MORE of a con back then.

Every think in this country is a rip off.:rant:

You're charged for your THOUGHTS? Blimey.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
every Taxi company.....'nuff said!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
When it was open Pussycats Lapdancing Club in Hove, £20 entry then between £10 and £20 for a 'dance', no better than crufts some of the woofers they had working in there!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton Pier (but thats obvious really)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Another vote for taxis.

I should mention international cricket and rugby (don't bother with football). Ludicrous prices involved there. £80 for an ODI at Lords. £90 for a nothing test against Australia at Twickenham.

You can begin to see why they charge that price for Twickers as it doesn't get used quite so often, but Lords? There were plenty of empty seats last season for their ODI.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clovelly in Devon according to the literature about the town you have to pay for each individual to enter the town. Apparently it is owned and maintained by some propertry company. Needless to say we didnt go there when staying in Ilfracombe.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Clovelly in Devon according to the literature about the town you have to pay for each individual to enter the town. Apparently it is owned and maintained by some propertry company. Needless to say we didnt go there when staying in Ilfracombe.

Dafter than a two bob watch.

Clovelly is simply brilliant,whilst Ilfacombe is,well,Ilfracombe.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Paradise Park - Should be renamed League of Gentleman Shithole
The Ginger Dog - Shit food for the price of good food
Beer - £3.50 a pint?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Ginger Dog - Shit food for the price of good food

Yeah, the Ginger Dog was a bit of a let down when I went on saturday. The Rabbit and Onion Pie with Champ was especially bland.

Food just isn't ballsy enough there.

Squid wasn't brilliantly cooked either actually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here