Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip offs - name and shame

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Car Road tax, it should be on petrol so that those who use the biggest cars and do the longest journeys get to pay the most.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Drusillas Zoo

Attachments

• zooadmissionrates2010bot.gif
    zooadmissionrates2010bot.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 474

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Madame Tussauds. It's something ridiculous, can't remember how much.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cigarettes at WH Smith.

20 Marlboro lights @ ASDA: £6.25

20 Marlboro lights @ WHSmith: £7.20

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My starter for 10.

Wookey Hole - Somerset.

£16 adult
£11 child over 3.

it's just a cave ffs!

Whoops.That's a five point penalty for naming ANYTHING in Somerset.

Besides,Wookey Hole isn't "just a cave",it is a geological wonderland,and has the paper mill where if you could stop steaming about the entry price you could make your own paper,and one could spend hours in the amusements from bygone days (perhaps imagining yourself on the West Pier in the forties and fifties) and maybe lose yourself in the incredible glass maze.

My children went in in 1999.Haven't seen them since.

Bargain.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pint of Carlsberg in the Rock Port Inn, Lyme Regis, £3.75 :nono:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People with kids moaning about the price of activities should maybe use their imaginations and find free entertainment or raise kids that can occupy themselves for a bit of time. You don't have to pay through the nose to entertain your kiddies, yes a good day out is nice here and there and yes, you do have to pay out for them but surely this was expected when you planned kids?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Whoops.That's a five point penalty for naming ANYTHING in Somerset.

Besides,Wookey Hole isn't "just a cave",it is a geological wonderland,and has the paper mill where if you could stop steaming about the entry price you could make your own paper,and one could spend hours in the amusements from bygone days (perhaps imagining yourself on the West Pier in the forties and fifties) and maybe lose yourself in the incredible glass maze.

My children went in in 1999.Haven't seen them since.

Bargain.

as a resident of Somerset myself i reserve the right to criticise without penalty:laugh:

£43 for 2 adults and one child to walk around a cave for 20 minutes. As the visitor numbers were too high you were not allowed to make your own paper, just watch a scrap being made, and £1 for 12 old coins to put into retro slot machines. I felt robbed!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here