Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip-Off Britain: Vent Your Anger HERE!!!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
#1 TRAIN FARES

Train fares for getting yourself around this tiny little tin pot country in order to get pissed at the footy once in a while and not have to drive home are a right royal fu--ing, conning, arse-shafting RIP-OFF!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hate "booking fees" when buying gig tickets, it's an absolute piss off, fancy being charged for buying a ticket ? I bought tickets for REM couple of years ago and was amazed that it cost £4.50 per ticket to have them posted to me but it still cost £3.50 to collect from the venue on the day. So I was charged this £3.50 because some chimp had to put said tickets into an economy white envelope and write my name on it :rant:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
#1 TRAIN FARES

Train fares for getting yourself around this tiny little tin pot country in order to get pissed at the footy once in a while and not have to drive home are a right royal fu--ing, conning, arse-shafting RIP-OFF!!!

I fly alot now, depends where you go but train to Manchester for work is often £120 or so (from Goring) if booked a week or so in advance, can fly for £80 and much more pleasant experience

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
ROAD TAX - What exactly are you paying for? It doesn't go back into the road infrastructure in this country - FIX SOME F*****G POTHOLES & DO IT PROPERLY!!!:rant:

And while I'm at it, the f*****G Dartford crossing tolls. The bridge was paid off years ago. The toll was supposed to be scrapped when that happened! :rant:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Booking fees are a fecking joke, total rip off

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I fly alot now, depends where you go but train to Manchester for work is often £120 or so (from Goring) if booked a week or so in advance, can fly for £80 and much more pleasant experience

It may be cheaper and quicker but since when has flying ever been a more pleasant experience? The speed and convenience makes people overlook the sheer hell of flying - for anyone above average height that is.

Rail fares are a disgrace though. There's no excuse for the prices that we have to pay.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rail fares are a disgrace though. There's no excuse for the prices that we have to pay.

The only reasonable excuse is privatisation

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Fredo Frogs. Now 17p

:angry::angry::angry:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It would be easier to list stuff that isn't a rip off. :annoyed:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Gig ticket booking fees are a f***ing joke. It's fine if private companies want to attempt to run their business at those extortionate prices but it's really annoying that the consumer is rarely given a choice other than to pay. Why can't all theatres run their own box office. I realise it's probably more expensive but it would be lot f***ing fairer for us buying tickets, and if you charge £1.50 or so per order it must be sustainable. Time people in the industry started making a bit more of a fuss about it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rail prices ARE ridiculous. £18+ for an open return to Brighton from Victoria (with a rail card). Of course, I would have saved some money had I booked in advance, but it was a late plan.

That is not value for money. I would be happy to sit on a coach for two hours in future.

I am pretty certain that we must be the most expensive country in the world for a lot of products and services.

'Official Touts' also wind me up. :angry:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
#1 TRAIN FARES

Agreed!

The railway needs to be nationalised and FREE or next to nothing.

One way of getting cars off the road and sorting out the environment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Test match tickets.

It now costs the best part of £100 (or more) to watch a test match. I remember going in the late 80s/early 90s and I'm sure it was about £15 to £20 - even allowing for inflation, that's a hell of an increase. What's more, you could bring your own booze in so you didn't have to pay the outrageous prices charged by Lord's and the Oval for a pint.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Cadburys Creme eggs are now 50P, and they are much SMALLER then when I was a nipper.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Test match tickets.

It now costs the best part of £100 (or more) to watch a test match. I remember going in the late 80s/early 90s and I'm sure it was about £15 to £20 - even allowing for inflation, that's a hell of an increase. What's more, you could bring your own booze in so you didn't have to pay the outrageous prices charged by Lord's and the Oval for a pint.

I typed that (along with Twickenham tickets) but thought better of it. Totally agree though. They can easily turn into a £130+ day per person. Allowing for everything - possibly on the conservative side. I think my ticket to watch England vs Australia (ODI) at Lords was £75. England vs Australia Rugby was £80. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here