Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip-Off Britain: Vent Your Anger HERE!!!

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Suprised no one has said the price of Petrol, it seems to be going up every day. I'm getting scared that if I have to queue at a pump some time soon the price will have gone up by the time I fill up.

AND another thing why are petrol companies allowed to have all their prices as ***.9p/litre? Why aren't they forced to round up to the nearest 'spendable value' after all you can't buy a Mars bar for 54.9p so whats different about Petrol?

Also these bloody booking fees are just criminal, because you can't actually get something at its face value. If they've got to allow for them then the price on the ticket should be inclusive of the booking fee just like with VAT.

There was a situation highlighted in one of the music mag's a while back when some poor sod bought a number of tickets for a gig for himself and some mates. When the gig was cancelled he was refunded the price of the tickets only so had a bill for about £20 for booking the tickets he never got -which the agents wouldn't return - thats a real rip off.:rant:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
convenience fees for using credit card, maybe next time ill pay in pence, hows that for convenient

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Also these bloody booking fees are just criminal, because you can't actually get something at its face value. If they've got to allow for them then the price on the ticket should be inclusive of the booking fee just like with VAT.

You can go to the box office in person and avoid booking fees, although this is difficult for most people, so I suppose that's where the face value comes from. Also, different agencies cost different prices so you couldn't have a standard price.

Thing is, I understand why the likes of ticketmaster have popped up, because it must make it easier to distribute tickets, but there should be some limit on how much they charge. There's really no reason they need to be charging £4 a ticket, or £10 a ticket for festivals. The face value of the ticket going up surely doesn't make it any more difficult to handle the transaction. It's also more than it seems since clearly they're making more money from inflated delivery prices, or the best one the £2.25 they charge for you to print out your own tickets!!!

It really ought to be no more than £2-3 per order to buy tickets, private agency or not.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Booking fees/ Bought 2 tickets for Lynyrd Skynyrd hammersmith Apollo this month
£3.50nto have them posted to me
FDUCKKING £3.50 to print them on my own fcking computer printer

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
the whole music industry is for milking mugs.

Tapes, records CD's have always been more epensive in the UK compared to other countries, ditto concerts and merchandise. Understand your a mug to be milked for frivolous entertainment.

Or set up a campaign for "fairprices or pirate" which would sort the problem out, but music fans wont, because they are mugs and the industry knows it.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Credit card charges for transactions

Fuel

Gas and electric

Beer

Fags

All the extras for a holiday abroad

Line rental for a phone

Fresh fruit and veg/milk and eggs. Petty but well over priced.They encourage you to eat 5 a day but they don't take into account the prices.

House prices

Renting

FOOTBALL PRICES

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Surely all food is getting expensive, not just fresh fruit?

eg. Rice, tuna, fresh fish, even tins of f***ing tomatoes cost about a quid now!

Fruit annoys me though. Who are these f***ing mugs paying places like M&S £2.50 for 4 apples or an elaborately packaged box of mushrooms, or loads of money to have some multicoloured veg cut up for them and put in a smaller than it looks bag?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Train prices, it is cheeper to drive long distances - how can that be right? I thought the government were supposed to be encouraging us to use public transport, however trains are overpriced and overcrowded and more often then not whereever you sit, all you can smell is the toilet.

Booking fees get my goat, so to speak. In order to buy Twickenham tickets you have to pay a £2.50 booking fee on each ticket... that is after wasting a fiver on their expensive ticketline. Getting 'big match' tickets at Molineux is the same - I am worried that the club might copy this example for big games at Falmer, whereby you have to go online or phone for big games, thereby guaruntee-ing a booking fee for the club.

Petrol... f*** me, it expensive... and car insurance too. I drive a Peugeot 206, not a f***ing ferrari!

And the one that annoys me most of all... next door to my rugby club is an empty, yes empty rugby stadium owned by the RFU - they moved out about 5 years ago. Will they let my rugby club use it... nope - they want to charge us £20,000 per year - much more than the club can afford. Therefore, an empty purpose built rugby stadium sits next to my rugby club because the organisation responsible for grass roots rugby are unwilling to negotiate and would prefer it sits empty. It isn't as if there are loads of other clubs in the area...

[/rant]

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For individuals the rail prices are a rip-off. I use the train to visit clients in London, but if I have to go to Bedford it is cheaper for me to HIRE a car and pay the petrol and tolls than it is for me to take the train and a short taxi ride. Plus I don't have to spend an hour or so (until the crowd thins out at around Farringdon) jammed next to some fat bastard with my knees pushed against some other fat bastard opposite.

However for families it's not so bad; we had to go to Worthing the other day and three adults went for the price of two. I wish those other two disgusting rip-off merchants, Brighton and Hove Albion FC and Brighton Buses, would follow their example.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
EEEE ba gum, Ah remember when I cud go t'football, have a night out on't' beer, with fish n chips n take mah lady friend dancin' at Roxy and still have change out of a shilling............................................

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Beer prices in most pubs - How much is Tax
Petrol prices - how much is tax
Insurance 'Tax'
Airline Flight Taxes
Council Tax - what do we actually get for our money?
Road Fund Licence - spend some of it on the roads!!

I can handle Income Tax, (and to a lesser extent NI Contributions) but it's all the other taxes that get me.

Aside from taxes, like a lot of others booking fees and rail fares are both a joke. Also 'standing charges' from all the Utilities like BT, Water, Gas etc.....

Oh and SKY TV - but at least that's my Choice.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
TAXI's are a con too. I remember back in the late 90's when it cost me £4.60 to get home from a night out. Now it costs that to just get in to one

also how is £7.20 for two people to get the bus into town and back going to stop people getting cars and help the carbon fooprint shizzle?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Council Tax - what do we actually get for our money?

Council tax makes me apoplectic.

Wolverhampton City Council have been cutting services whilst raising council tax for the last five years. This year, they have made a big thing of the fact that council tax hasn't gone up. Very nice... but they are still cutting services to service their massive £8 million debt.

Why they can't sell Molineux back to Wolves (who have loads of money right now) and use the capital to write off their debts?

:US:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
also how is £7.20 for two people to get the bus into town and back going to stop people getting cars and help the carbon fooprint shizzle?
Shh! You'll get Lord Bracknell telling you how Brighton Buses are EXCELLENT value for money and are not AT ALL a privatised monoploy exploiting a captive market.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
If you get a new credit card, the hugely expensive identity theft insurance they try to flog you. This is to get you to pay for insurance against something the bank is liable for anyway.

All extended warranties.

Anything with a hard sell.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
As are CHOMPS :angry::angry::angry:

you cant charge 17p for a chomp! They are 10p thats the law

Wham bars. Theres a rip off. Where have all the bits gone from them and why is the mega bar the same size as an old school normal one

On the flip side pound shops have been around for 20 plus years now and they are still a pound/even 99p!!!!!!!

I love the pound shop except for their cling film and bin bags

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
If you collapse in the street with a heart attack they take you to hospital and fix you! No matter how much money youve got! No questions about health insurance or anything like that.

I mean what a rip off that is! Load of rubbish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The quality of most products and services is pretty crap as well. I prefer quality over quantity but we seem to be a nation of corner-cutters hell bend on buying larger amounts of shit as opposed to fewer items of quality.

If you want to buy any product or have a decent service you have to seek out the services of a niche supplier these days. Doesnt anyone have pride any more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here