Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip-Off Britain: Vent Your Anger HERE!!!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
...And after much venting and voting the winner is:

EPSON PRINT CARTRIDGES!!

I`ve got an Epson600 printer scanner fax thing and the Epson cartidges are £12 each, sometimes more at places like Comet, Currys etc. Best part of £50 for bloody ink, the printer cost less than £100.

I buy a set of 4 hybrids from a local shop for £12 all told and they last just as long.

Now this IS a rip-off, because they've fixed their printers so that they don't accept refills, by putting an electronic 'tag' on the cartridges. :rant:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Summer 2008 crude oil was approx $146 a barrel and we were paying around £1.18 a litre at the pumps
Today crude oil is $81.77 a barrel and we are paying £1.17 a litre
duty is approx 58p a litre and it was about 55p a litre in 2008. Vat was 17.5% in 2008 and is currently the same so looks like the oil companies are screwing everybody because they can. Fuel prices go up and most other things follow - I hope to find oil in my garden soon and join the party

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Summer 2008 crude oil was approx $146 a barrel and we were paying around £1.18 a litre at the pumps
Today crude oil is $81.77 a barrel and we are paying £1.17 a litre
duty is approx 58p a litre and it was about 55p a litre in 2008. Vat was 17.5% in 2008 and is currently the same so looks like the oil companies are screwing everybody because they can. Fuel prices go up and most other things follow - I hope to find oil in my garden soon and join the party

I think you have hit the nail on the head. The UK public are being screwed over jointly, by the oil companies greed & the governments hatred of the motorist.

Time for the threat of a penalty tax upon the oil companies if they don't lower there retail prices. No chance of that happening methinks. The government hate the idea of motorists getting a fair deal.

Anyone who believe's having the Tories in power will make a difference is deluded.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Fuel - at nearly £1.18 a litre

Beer - £3.40 for bitter in my local

Footy in general - A guy in my office offered me the chance to join him to see Arsenal vs West Ham the other week when the Albion wern't playing and the tickets were £56 f**king quid ! I'd like to go to the Emirates as a one off, but my England tickets at Wembley last year were considerably cheaper.

And finally - Car Parts - was quoted £350 to replace a small front fog lamp on my Mazda due to the glass having cracked. !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here