Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Jeremy Beadle

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll remember him most for his appearance on the short-lived Danny Baker Saturday night 'Letterman-stylee' show.

I was in the studio audience that night (that's right, we didn't know the guests in advance, and got the short straw).

Baker's first question: "So, Jeremy - what's the deal with the hand?"

Total silence. Not even a nervous titter.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The irony of his game for a laugh days was that he had produced pilot shows on that theme for the bbc. Many of his hidden camera clips were then used in Noel Edmonds' late late breakfast show which went out opposite game for a laugh which featured him in hidden camera clips.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quote from the BBC website obituary:

Beadle was born in Hackney, east London, in 1948. His father, a Fleet Street journalist, left before he was born - and the star never made an attempt to contact him out of respect for his mother.
After school, Beadle tried his hand at rock music promotion, masterminding the 1974 Bickershaw rock festival.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7217383.stm

That'd be his left hand then. ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:D Erm, RIP or something.

Attachments

• beadle.jpg
    beadle.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,781

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
From another forum...

"He was a legend - it should have been Edmonds. We wrote to Beadle asking for an autograph for a friends birthday present a couple of years ago. Got a really nice letter back, along with a signed photo which we scanned and printed onto a t-shirt, before cutting off one of the arms. The t-shirt has been worn proudly at many a festival since."

A touching eulogy, I'm sure you'll agree.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Hw was a nice bloke, but on the other hand................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently Beadle was a trivia nut with a vast library of trivia books. As a pub quiz lover myself I'm sad he's gone.

As was said earlier, why couldn't it have been Edmonds, or Mike Smith, Henry Kelly or Rusty Lee instead?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
the funeral arrangements have been sorted- it's going to be a family affair with a small finger buffet.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Beadles wife is furious about the amount of abuse he was getting.
she said she is not pointing any fingers, mind you nor was he !

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The poker championship is in mourning at the loss of Jeremy Beadle today.

They are gutted that they no longer have a player with a guarenteed crappy hand !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am suprised nobody has called him a short hand typist., However on a more serious note, he did a hell of a lot of work for charity which not many people realised. I worked with Henry Kelly at Classic FM and he said he was a nice bloke.

Sad for almost anybody to die at 59, I'm not that far off it myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here