Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip broken britain

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Nothing to do with racism at all, although it might appear so, just the resonsibility or otherwise of a scumbag upbringing from their scumbag parents who are responsible.
It is they who should be equally sentenced and have ALL benefits withdrawn IMMEDIATELY and MADE TO PAY FOR ALL DAMAGE CAUSED.
Simple, fair justice don't you think.

Unfortunately, parental power has been eroded by successive Governments. Much of this has been achieved by Labour Governments, but the successive Tory governments did nothing to undo it.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Ta, although i must say I don't see anything backing up what you say, although I haven't read the whole document can you cut and paste it?

Did find this bit quite interesting though.

Since 1997 three-quarters of employment created in the UK economy has been taken by immigrants (4.4)

As an ex-pat who comes back to the UK from time to time, I'm staggered by the number of Polish people who work in bars, restaurants and hotels all over the South-East. Now, I love Polish people, because I'm one of them by blood, but, firstly, they send millions of pounds back to Poland, which helps the Polish economy, but reduces that of the UK by the same millions. Secondly, my son, and his ilk, can't get a job in the catering industry, because all the vacancies have been taken by Poles.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Fair comment about my use of the word violence, I stand corrected. In the literal sense of the word obviously the 'smack across the hand or arse' you refer to certainly isn't violence, and apologies if it looked like I was comparing the beatings I spoke of with smacking. However, I stand by my belief that it's never right to smack a child as a means of discipline. Aside from the negative message it ultimately sends, it's surely an admission that you've lost control as a parent if you can't use the hundred and one other tools you should have in the box, given that a responsible parent can control almost all aspects of their child's life. Why anyone should need to resort to smacking is beyond me. It's a short term quick fix approach that doesn't really teach anything as far as I'm concerned.

The comments on here during the rioting ranged from wanting the police to wade in with batons, to the use of water cannon, and right through to them using rubber bullets and even live ammo ! Some people have been watching too many hollywood films I suspect and perhaps some of the more extreme comments were only made during the heat of the moment. But there does seem to be a real feeling of anger in these comments no doubt fuelled by fear, frustration and a sense of hopelessness. I find it curious that people who deplore the violence so much seem to almost be frothing at the mouth and obviously vehement in their desire to see violence met with violence as a means of solving all the problems. I find that quite alarming if these are supposed to be the 'good guys'.
But again you use the line of people that deplore are frothing at the mouth to see violence met with violence. Whatever the other hundred ways you can use to displicine these kids are, quite clearly hasn't worked as it?

I completely am against the violence these kids/adults are creating, but I am 100% behind violence to stop it. I fail to see how anyone can see an issue with that.

Along the same principal, what would you do if the country was invaded? Don't meet violence with violence. Maybe Churchill should have pulled England out of the second world war, and just sent a message to Hitler how beastily he was for invading country after country.

No one whose said use violence, would ever dream of starting violence, but in cases like this, the only way to stop it is to stamp it out fast and hard, and if that means meeting violence with violence. What the hell else do you suggest, asking them nicely if they would please stop!!!!

Its liberal thinking like this that has caused allow things to go this far.

Personally if I was in charge, after the way the police embarrsed themselves Monday night, I would have had the army on the streets Tuesday morning. Now to those who think people like who say this, think thats we mean open fire on anything that moves, then please get real.

Its simple. You issue warnings over the speakers. If they carry on, you fire warning shots over their heads. If they carry on, you pick out one or two of the most violent, or ringleaders, or those most obviosuly the most violent, and shot them. Dead. I guarantee faced with the army, instead spectacting police, not one rioter would have been killed, and the street would have cleared within minutes.

And if it would have been nesercary to shot anyone... shame. If they are that stupid to have a go at/with armed soliders in their faces, then they are hardly going to be a loss to society are they.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As an ex-pat who comes back to the UK from time to time, I'm staggered by the number of Polish people who work in bars, restaurants and hotels all over the South-East. Now, I love Polish people, because I'm one of them by blood, but, firstly, they send millions of pounds back to Poland, which helps the Polish economy, but reduces that of the UK by the same millions. Secondly, my son, and his ilk, can't get a job in the catering industry, because all the vacancies have been taken by Poles.

When you say taken by the poles? It is an interesting turn of phrase, you can't take a job from someone, someone has to give you a job. So why are the Poles given the jobs instead of British People?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
When you say taken by the poles? It is an interesting turn of phrase, you can't take a job from someone, someone has to give you a job. So why are the Poles given the jobs instead of British People?

Presumably because they will happily work for the minimum wage, or less, in some cash-only jobs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Presumably because they will happily work for the minimum wage, or less, in some cash-only jobs.

So they are only being given the jobs no-one else wants How do they, on minimum wage, earn enough to work, live and send money back to Poland?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here