Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip broken britain

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sentiments of the original poster are right. This country is a laughing stock, soft on everything, which is why so many people want to come here. It's easy street. The sad thing is, that these idiots who rioted in the first place will end up being paid for by the taxpayer again as many of them are granted legal aid.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Sentiments of the original poster are right. This country is a laughing stock, soft on everything, which is why so many people want to come here. It's easy street. The sad thing is, that these idiots who rioted in the first place will end up being paid for by the taxpayer again as many of them are granted legal aid.

The riots are a wake up call for this country. On the radio yesterday they said anyone arrested could be evicted from their council homes. And secondly there is an e-petition running on the government website asking for these thugs to lose all benefits. At the moment there are 94,000+ signatures. They need 100,000 and then it will be eligible for debate in the House of Commons.

I think most of the population will agree that benefits should be removed without question, but I have this feeling no such will happen and the government will cave in.
This where it all starts going wrong unfortunately. They have already said some of these people are just walking free, which is a complete joke.
HM Government e-petitions

Last edited:

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
There are many things which have gone from society today, respect for those around you and the things they own. Many many years ago if you stepped out of line there was a consequence.

I think what has happened today are the following: Parenting as gone to pot in some quarters due to various reasons, alcohol and drugs are stronger and easier to obtain which has helped push some people to drown their sorrows and thus not look after their kids.
Schools no longer have the power to punish kids and if this means the cane so be it, (last resort). Society has failed these people on many levels. We have multiple generations who have not worked a day in their lives. We shun those who need help. There is no longer a community spirit and people know each other. We have greed and technology which kids are drawn towards and have no real sense of reality.

The heart of Britain was ripped out when the manufacturing industry declined during the 70's and eighties and we never really recovered. Governments and Unions were the main cause back then.

Liberty groups, European Union, Human rights and our previous Governments have not helped our situation.

We all need to take responsibility for what is happening now and say enough is enough. Get our current Government to listen to its public but we have to stand and be counted.

Rome was not built in a day and it will take a long while to rebuild our country to one we can be proud of. It is possible. Look at our own example as a Brighton Fan where anything is possible but Joe Public has to have a voice and it needs to be heared.

I am off my SOAP box now!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Knee jerk reactions which are predictable. Yes there are problems in society but the country is not broken. Reports were that there were groups of about 100/200 youths causing trouble at various points. Let's be generous and round that up to 1000 at each area. How many flashpoints were there, 10 maybe 15 in total. 15,000. That's 15,000 out of a population of 65,000,000 ie 0.023% of the population. Take an Albion crowd of 22,500 and apply the same percentage. That's about 5 people behaving like complete tools. Would that make you consider the whole of brighton' s support are tools?

Courts need to deal with the rioters and looters harshly and next time the Police need to arrest them when they are looting but for f*** sake, don't judge the rest of society on an extremely small minority bunch of selfish greedy pricks.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
There are many things which have gone from society today, respect for those around you and the things they own. Many many years ago if you stepped out of line there was a consequence.

I think what has happened today are the following: Parenting as gone to pot in some quarters due to various reasons, alcohol and drugs are stronger and easier to obtain which has helped push some people to drown their sorrows and thus not look after their kids.
Schools no longer have the power to punish kids and if this means the cane so be it, (last resort). Society has failed these people on many levels. We have multiple generations who have not worked a day in their lives. We shun those who need help. There is no longer a community spirit and people know each other. We have greed and technology which kids are drawn towards and have no real sense of reality.

The heart of Britain was ripped out when the manufacturing industry declined during the 70's and eighties and we never really recovered. Governments and Unions were the main cause back then.

Liberty groups, European Union, Human rights and our previous Governments have not helped our situation.

We all need to take responsibility for what is happening now and say enough is enough. Get our current Government to listen to its public but we have to stand and be counted.

Rome was not built in a day and it will take a long while to rebuild our country to one we can be proud of. It is possible. Look at our own example as a Brighton Fan where anything is possible but Joe Public has to have a voice and it needs to be heared.

I am off my SOAP box now!!

And do you know what annoys me most. The very people that teach these kids and the very people that are here to protect the streets are the ones having their terms and conditions changed or losing their jobs at the moment. Where is the sense?

Even after this, the government will still not listen to our views. They will go with what they think is best for them, not us.

Its a losing battle. Like I have said I am already hearing on the radio and other sources that people are just walking free at the moment, so here we go again. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the radio yesterday they said anyone arrested could be evicted from their council homes. And secondly there is an e-petition running on the government website asking for these thugs to lose all benefits.

So, let me get this right. We take away their home and their means of support....so they will roam and streets and probably have to steal to survive. Mmmmmmm. Can you spot the problem here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sentiments of the original poster are right. This country is a laughing stock, soft on everything, which is why so many people want to come here. It's easy street.

And the food is shit.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration! Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!

You might have a point on the discipline front but I've always believe it's the natural cycle of things. Rules are lax > rules gradually get firmer > rules get strict > rules get too strict > rules get less strict > rules get lax again.

It's all about finding the balance.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...l-right-parent

"People here will call social services if they hear you disciplining your children. Children hear about Childline at school. It's all very well trying to be liberal, but parents need to be given back their right to parent,"

Interesting take on things especially the discipline part. I always feel the glare of people if i discipline my kids in public,i don't smack but even a stern talking to or a raised voice is met with raised eyebrows. Anyone else feel this? I have spoken to a few people who feel like people are looking at them as bad parents. Where has this paranoia come from? Maybe next time i see someone disciplining their child i will start a slow clap in appreciation.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The riots are a wake up call for this country. On the radio yesterday they said anyone arrested could be evicted from their council homes. And secondly there is an e-petition running on the government website asking for these thugs to lose all benefits. At the moment there are 94,000+ signatures. They need 100,000 and then it will be eligible for debate in the House of Commons.

I think most of the population will agree that benefits should be removed without question, but I have this feeling no such will happen and the government will cave in.
This where it all starts going wrong unfortunately. They have already said some of these people are just walking free, which is a complete joke.
HM Government e-petitions

Whilst I kinda agree with the sentiment, taking away benefits will do what ? They'll resort to stealing, that's all - they'd have nothing else to lose ... and no, I don't have the answer.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration! Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!

You are simply repeating the daily drip-drip of right-wing tabloid phrases and over-generalisations you are being fed, and actually think you came up with them yourself. The riots you see on TV are not representative of what the majority of people, or the majority of young people, are up to in this country.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm starting to think many of the topic starters on NSC worked previously with Chris Morris on the Day Today!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They could always get a job!

I had to laugh ironically the other night, when they interviewed one rioter he said "there ain't no jobs .... every job I've been offered was only minimum wage" ...... er, so there are jobs, you just don't want to work.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I had to laugh ironically the other night, when they interviewed one rioter he said "there ain't no jobs .... every job I've been offered was only minimum wage" ...... er, so there are jobs, you just don't want to work.

And minimum wage only gets you a few more quid than the dole gives you, let alone few prospects or job security. I mean lets be honest there really isn't much of an incentive is there?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
You are simply repeating the daily drip-drip of right-wing tabloid phrases and over-generalisations you are being fed, and actually think you came up with them yourself. The riots you see on TV are not representative of what the majority of people, or the majority of young people, are up to in this country.

I don't normally write 'This'. . .

. . . but 'This' . . .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Knee jerk reactions which are predictable. Yes there are problems in society but the country is not broken. Reports were that there were groups of about 100/200 youths causing trouble at various points. Let's be generous and round that up to 1000 at each area. How many flashpoints were there, 10 maybe 15 in total. 15,000. That's 15,000 out of a population of 65,000,000 ie 0.023% of the population. Take an Albion crowd of 22,500 and apply the same percentage. That's about 5 people behaving like complete tools. Would that make you consider the whole of brighton' s support are tools?

Absolutely spot on. People's lack of numerical awareness is frightening at times.

So, let me get this right. We take away their home and their means of support....so they will roam and streets and probably have to steal to survive. Mmmmmmm. Can you spot the problem here?

Quite. And for those people who say they should get jobs - in some parts on inner-city Britain there are something like 50 to 70 people chasing every job. Something tells me that someone with a conviction for looting will not be top of the hiring list. I'm not supporting the looters by any stretch but I think making up policy on the hoof is no way to govern a country.

I'm starting to think many of the topic starters on NSC worked previously with Chris Morris on the Day Today!

Indeed. I'm expecting someone to make a post soon saying that the looters are half-human, half-crustacean

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
And minimum wage only gets you a few more quid than the dole gives you, let alone few prospects or job security. I mean lets be honest there really isn't much of an incentive is there?

You have to start somewhere. If you can show you are willing to work this puts you in a far better position when applying for better paid jobs or promotion. They expect everything for nothing and may find these latest actions backfire dramatically as they have lost what little public sympathy they once had.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

So, what ever happened to get a job, get experience, show you are willing and able and if possible, working your way up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here