Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Riots tonight...

Oct 25, 2003
having said that he's not missing any opportunity to bring race into it........and for some reason he seems to be giving live updates (griffin that is)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep that will happen mate, it's typical of our country, but do you sit indoors whilst everything around you burns? Someone has to make a stance.

Just seen a complete meathead interviewed on Sky from Manchester, about 16, fully masked telling live tv he is a law breaker and that he was in the city centre to get money... it really, really beggars belief.

Oh he was a white thug too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
having said that he's not missing any opportunity to bring race into it........and for some reason he seems to be giving live updates (griffin that is)

I've said today on here this will marginalise politics, it always does. But you cannot blame people for looking after everything they have lived and worked for.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Makes no difference get him and make an example to others-5 years out on time if he behaves.

No it doesn't make any difference but I expect most would have thought I was talking about a black lad, I needed to clear that up.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Yep that will happen mate, it's typical of our country, but do you sit indoors whilst everything around you burns? Someone has to make a stance.

Just seen a complete meathead interviewed on Sky from Manchester, about 16, fully masked telling live tv he is a law breaker and that he was in the city centre to get money... it really, really beggars belief.
I saw that interview too, bloke was a complete cock and the type that needs locking up for a very long time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
i'm not one to normally defend the BNP, infact i hate them, but fuhrer griffin was giving praise to the members of the turkish community earlier

It was Turkish communities and Asian communities but now it's not a race thing, it's a borough thing. Lovely to see everyone together angry at the trouble makers.

That being said I've just seen the Enfield group has swelled further and are marching into Ponders End (a total shithole) ... If it's going to kick off anywhere it'll be there... and the group is getting a bit edgy..

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
It would be great to think that some good comes of this if people start to protect their communities and take back the streets from the hoodies etc. Shame the police couldn't manage it!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We should have the army in, anyone who plays up gets shot in the leg and left, then have lots of people to arrest them when and if they can drag themselves to hospital to explain why they'be been shot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It would be great to think that some good comes of this if people start to protect their communities and take back the streets from the hoodies etc. Shame the police couldn't manage it!

It isn't the police mate, they just follow orders, I'm not blaming any one Govt. because I'm not bothered with any of them, but the orders come down from the PM to the Minister for the Home Office to the Met Chief Constable. The police cannot be blamed for politicians, whatever denomination these creeps from Westminster are.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
It isn't the police mate, they just follow orders, I'm not blaming any one Govt. because I'm not bothered with any of them, but the orders come down from the PM to the Minister for the Home Office to the Met Chief Constable. The police cannot be blamed for politicians, whatever denomination these creeps from Westminster are.

I would never criticise the rank & file police & didn't mean to imply that as i have nothing but admiration for them. Just feel frustration that it has come to this.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I feel it to, and a bit of unnerving tension last night @bazbha ... but hopefully some good will come from this in the way of no cuts to the police service and hopefully the politicians and thugs will realise that we can only be pushed so far. A little bit of WW2 comradeship tonight in the smelly city.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still quiet, hope I get some sleep tonight. Last night I got about three hours waiting for them to continue up Northcote Road to here about a mile away.

I'm generally not the paranoid type, but I got locked in a pub in Clapham North a few years ago in the aftermath of a riot in Brixton. Only wanted a quiet pint, not a gang of thugs smashing up the front of the pub with baseball bats.

Not even a Footlocker or an HMV, a run down pub in a back street in Clapham. Clapham thugs as well, living just a few yards away.

If you've been there it's quite scary and I have the utmost sympathy for those around Clapham Junction and Croydon. Round here got away with little damage fortunately, three shops smashed in.

Had a peak on the way home, incredible how useless those metal shutters are. The local T-Mobile (I think) - it's simply bent backwards.

Bloody annoying that the supermarkets were either shut up in the afternoon on Police advice or full of people panic buying. Even more annoying that local corner shop has stayed closed today.

Anyway - more fear than reality, which in itself I pissed off about.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire

You're right of course London , we have to protect our families and possessions if need be. Manchester currently seems to be totally out of hand, fact is the coppers aren't 'pulling' them. It looks like fookin Libya out there now and spreading.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I got caught up in the 81 riots in Brixton as an 18 years old, and no they were older rioters in those days and we were still innocent 18 year olds!... and the cops in those days gave no mercy, whether or not you were involved. [MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION] I was a bit unnerved last night myself, happening up the road and got about 4 hours sleep whilst wondering if they'd hit this block of flats, only one exit here and me 4th floor. But tonight I have regained my faith in the people of London, but whether it has ended or not I'm not sure.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gangs in Manchester parading around with hockey sticks and axes according to twitter?! I hope that's bullshit!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Dear Police, If you do feel the need to shoot anyone looting or rioting whilst on duty this evening, Please feel free, we dont mind, Dear firebrigade if you want to shoot the miserable scum with your high powered water hoses whilst they are preventing you from doing your job, thats absolutely fine. Dear ambulance service if you get any phone calls from injured/dying or bleeding rioters, stay at home and watch corrie.....yours sincerley The people of England!!

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Dear Police, If you do feel the need to shoot anyone looting or rioting whilst on duty this evening, Please feel free, we dont mind, Dear firebrigade if you want to shoot the miserable scum with your high powered water hoses whilst they are preventing you from doing your job, thats absolutely fine. Dear ambulance service if you get any phone calls from injured/dying or bleeding rioters, stay at home and watch corrie.....yours sincerley The people of England!!
Best post of the night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here