Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio ferdinand

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's a chicken and egg situation.

thats what im saying though, its not a chicken/egg scenario. how many professional managers jobs are there? 120 if we count the Blue Square and few other pro outfits. how many coaching positions? no idea but alot, then theres the amatuer and local setups. why are black players not going in to those roles in similar number to they go into playing? (i assume they arent due to comments been made around the subject). i cant believe its because they perceive they cant get a shot at the manager position, they went into a football career with no promises of making it at the top clubs. consider a career path of someone like Oatway or Tarrino, potentially future managers... or maybe not, they might not want the role. they wanted to stay in the broader football profession so did so. i've no doubt if black players wanted it and took the badges they'd be coaches, first team coaches and assistant managers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The partisan nature of club support is really what needs to be left out of the debate. Rio is firmly in the middle of this as he has been proven to condone racial language. You are being deliberately misleading if you think that this has nothing to do with a wider debate.

If we can't get past the individual, in this case Rio, then we can't discuss whether an alternative body to the PFA would benefit footballers or football as a whole, because the debate is about an individual, not whether the concept in itself is a good or bad idea.

For me I see Gordon Taylor, the FA and Richard Scudamore as being far too close a set of bed fellows for the good of the game. As long as Scudamore is securing TV deals for his 'product' neither the clubs or PFA (as salaries continue to spiral) are going to complain. There is no debate over the good of the game as long as the money is pouring in.

Taylor's almost hysterical claims of an alternative body to his own setting the game back 40 years, are frankly the scared ramblings from a man that potentially sees his cosy position being radically undermined - and possibly not before time. Why should there be just one association of players representing all players?

That a derisive figure such as Rio is fronting this is a shame, because as your post illustrates, the larger points are going to be lost.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good point , it also explains the frustration some people feel at blacks who are far too eager to blame lack of success or opportunity on racism rather than lack of drive or ambition, there is no doubt that racism played a part in lack of opportunity in the past , not just in football but society as a whole , those days are gone .

I feel the same about certain white people who are largely unsuccessful and blame this on immigrants nicking jobs or allegedly turning an all ready shit part of London shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am saying thats its virtually non existent now , so special associations/taskforces/measures dont need to be in place for it , not that it needs to be ignored, do you understand now, is that clear enough for you ?

Clear but I do not agree. All the time your type of opinions exist then we need 'associations/taskforces/measures'

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Mr Winter's become too in awe the past decade or so. He used to be intelligent himself.

Indeed. He jumps at any opportunity to get up Premier League footballers derrière's. Haven't read anything insightful or interesting from him for a while.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I heard about this on the radio driving home and it made me quite angry.

It would be so divisive.

When I watch a football game the only different colours I care about are the colours of the kits. I see footballers, I don't see Black or White footballers. A different union for Black players would change this as I would start seeing Black Players and White Players.

What if this new union starts calling for Black Players to strike? Would this make White Players more valuable as they are more likely to play every week? Just thinking about this is horrendous and feels like a massive step backwards.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So how come Roy Hodgson hasn't rushed to pick him now John Terry has retired ?

maybe I am being a bit silly here but could it be that he is and never has been that good

the other thing that irks me is that when the FA have the chance to make a point to FIFA and the likes like "walking" when there are racist chants at international games involving England players, it might make the world sit up and look even if we lose 3 points we at least could hold our heads high

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Rio---go and spend some of your millions getting that fecking chip off your shoulder. Or if I give you my address send me a couple of million. I will promise to support anything you want me to!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I feel the same about certain white people who are largely unsuccessful and blame this on immigrants nicking jobs or allegedly turning an all ready shit part of London shit.
*sigh* yes , of course you do, this really doesnt come across as a post a 12 year old would write, honestly it doesnt , it sounds really sensible and a proper , debatable point............................fool.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
*sigh* yes , of course you do, this really doesnt come across as a post a 12 year old would write, honestly it doesnt , it sounds really sensible and a proper , debatable point............................fool.

4/10. Have a coffee and have another go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here