Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio ferdinand

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So you'd agree that the John Terry case should've been dropped after the not guilty verdict in court then ?

Has anyone appealed the court verdict?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough. They are perfectly at liberty to esablish an association, promoting the rights of black players. I think they are NOT at liberty though, to limit membership just to black members. Do you think that is correct? (I don't know - I'm surmising)

Rio could set it up, then John Terry could immediately apply to join :clap2:

I will be very surprised if it is limited to just black players.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fair enough. They are perfectly at liberty to esablish an association, promoting the rights of black players. I think they are NOT at liberty though, to limit membership just to black members. Do you think that is correct? (I don't know - I'm surmising)

Rio could set it up, then John Terry could immediately apply to join :clap2:
I'm pretty sure that the membership criteria you quote is correct , I'm also sure that it would be a pointless excercise due to the fact that racism has been all but eradicated in footbaqll crowds , and we are so bombarded with anti racism messages in society in general that no amount of kick it out campaigns or black footballers associations will stop someone using race as a term of abuse if they want to.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yeah, thats the best way to show unitied front against something. given his choc ice comment, Ferdinand is currently one of the worst people to be getting involved too.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Has anyone appealed the court verdict?

Er, no , that wasnt what i asked , let me make it simple for you, since you seem to place so much faith in the courts verdict in the mccammon case, do you think that the same faith should have been shown in the courts verdict in the john terry case, rendering an fa tribunal pointless, if not , why ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm pretty sure that the membership criteria you quote is correct , I'm also sure that it would be a pointless excercise due to the fact that racism has been all but eradicated in footbaqll crowds , and we are so bombarded with anti racism messages in society in general that no amount of kick it out campaigns or black footballers associations will stop someone using race as a term of abuse if they want to.

You have a point. Equally no amount of police officers will stop someone murdering if they want to. It makes you wonder why we bother with laws and authority.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Er, no , that wasnt what i asked , let me make it simple for you, since you seem to place so much faith in the courts verdict in the mccammon case, do you think that the same faith should have been shown in the courts verdict in the john terry case, rendering an fa tribunal pointless, if not , why ?

The FA tribunal was regarding football related laws he transgressed in respect of the game. It was not therefore pointless.The court case was a seperate issue.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It just appears to be a TERRIBLE idea and a backwards step in my opinion.

Have I missed something or has the only (and I don't mean that as an excuse) pieces of racism (or racist language) in this country recently been the Suarez and Terry issues?

This week it's all kicked off because of what happend in SERBIA. A case in which EVERYONE here claimed the scenes were disgraceful. So where exactly has concerns about our combating of racism come from all of a sudden?

Again, I may have missed something here, but I'm a bit confused why it's an issue this week? Or was the players protest just a coincidence that happened to fall at the same time as the serbia monkey chants? Were the players always going to do the same protest anyway?*

* Genuine question as I WELL confused.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm also sure that it would be a pointless excercise due to the fact that racism has been all but eradicated in footbaqll crowds

An interesting statement as since the Suarez case I have read a number of cases of racism from crowds. One was reported in the North East this weekend.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You have a point. Equally no amount of police officers will stop someone murdering if they want to. It makes you wonder why we bother with laws and authority.

So you think that the formation of a black professional footballers association will simply be an extension of the existing laws and authority that are pre existing in football ? and will go even further in stopping racist abuse if someone wishes to usi it , really ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
I sounds like I can't have my own way so I'm taking my ball home and if you don't like it you're a racist, and I think he wants to wind up the FA because what has happened with England.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As i said, all but eradicated, you really think you will stamp it out to the point of non existence ?

Obviously not, and no amount of law will eradicate it 100% BUT I do believe that if it does rear its head it should be stamped on so people know it is wrong. Education is the way forward and with this there is a need to send clear harsh messages to those which transgress.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It just appears to be a TERRIBLE idea and a backwards step in my opinion.

Have I missed something or has the only (and I don't mean that as an excuse) pieces of racism (or racist language) in this country recently been the Suarez and Terry issues?

This week it's all kicked off because of what happend in SERBIA. A case in which EVERYONE here claimed the scenes were disgraceful. So where exactly has concerns about our combating of racism come from all of a sudden?

Again, I may have missed something here, but I'm a bit confused why it's an issue this week? Or was the players protest just a coincidence that happened to fall at the same time as the serbia monkey chants? Were the players always going to do the same protest anyway?*

* Genuine question as I WELL confused.

I think the issue is the ban for Terry was a joke and the players were annoyed.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think the issue is the ban for Terry was a joke and the players were annoyed.

Ah Ok. Thanks.

It's just with the lack of anyone speaking out to what exactly the protest is about, it makes it near on impossible to understand the point of it!

The irony is (a very simplistic view coming up here), I have never looked out specifically for the black players on a team for any reason...yet on Saturday I was looking out for which black players wern't wearing the shirt. Seemed kind of ironic when the whole issue is about equality. Again simplistic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ah Ok. Thanks.

It's just with the lack of anyone speaking out to what exactly the protest is about, it makes it near on impossible to understand the point of it!

The irony is (a very simplistic view coming up here), I have never looked out specifically for the black players on a team for any reason...yet on Saturday I was looking out for which black players wern't wearing the shirt. Seemed kind of ironic when the whole issue is about equality. Again simplistic.

I dont think it helps when its Ferdinand that comes out with this, if it was someone like Roberts you may pay attention as he isnt a retard.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard yesterday that Kick it Out only has a budget of approx £500,000 which sounds incredibly low in this age of football.

Surely Roberts, Rio and all other players, black and white, would be better served putting some of their vast wealth and time into the organisation to give it a louder voice rather than creating a new, potentially very divisive association.

Very much this.... but all too often these things slide in to obscurity unless there is a very active and high profile leader. I'm not sure if Rio's Twitter feed is going to galvanize that attention and support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here