Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Normally I think Andy Naylor is a bit of a c**k, but on this occassion I have to agree with him. See todays Arsegas about GOSBTS.

It is dreary, the kids don't know the words, it is always sung badly these days and we have a new dawn coming. Yes, it is our song so we should keep it, but as Naylor says, 'keep it for the end of the match'.

We have a fifteen minute window to build an atmosphere at the Amex, and GOSBTS won't do it. I even go as far to support his replacement song - Right here, Right now by Fatboy Slim.

Time for change ladies and gentlemen? Discuss......

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
10 pages and one flounce.

Edit FWIW I would keep with GOSBTS. Keeps a local identity, How many other clubs come out to Right here, Right now? Sure it may sound like its being sung badly now but the Withedean atmosphere is hardly doing it justice.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good idea to freshen things up, certainly. Personally I think I'd prefer Right here, Right now as the team sheet is read out, then GOSBTS for when the teams run onto the pitch five mins later.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wish the teams would RUN onto the pitch instead of walking out then having to all shake hands with each other.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Normally I think Andy Naylor is a bit of a c**k, but on this occassion I have to agree with him. See todays Arsegas about GOSBTS.

It is dreary, the kids don't know the words, it is always sung badly these days and we have a new dawn coming. Yes, it is our song so we should keep it, but as Naylor says, 'keep it for the end of the match'.

We have a fifteen minute window to build an atmosphere at the Amex, and GOSBTS won't do it. I even go as far to support his replacement song - Right here, Right now by Fatboy Slim.

Time for change ladies and gentlemen? Discuss......

You have made some good and bad points. It is nice you say that Good Old Sussex-By-Sea should be kept as it is "our song" but if we leave it until the end then that will slowly erode that feeling. That said Right Here, Right Now would be an excellent song to help ramp things up as kick-off approaches. So if I could I would vote for both!...We should play Right Here, Right Now as the players are preparing in the tunnel, etc then as they are due to run out it dies out and Good Old Sussex-By-Sea strikes up.

That ladies and gentleman is the way forward.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't give a shit what they play beforehand, as long as they play GOSBTS when the players run (walk) out the tunnel. If the kids don't know the words then the parents should teach them to them. Since when did anyone sing the words to the music of GOSBTS when the team ran out anyway?

Playing 'Right here, right now' when the team runs out would be rubbish. It will sound even more rubbish in 20 years time. We might as well start playing music when we score if we're going to do that. The kids like it, you see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have made some good and bad points. It is nice you say that Good Old Sussex-By-Sea should be kept as it is "our song" but if we leave it until the end then that will slowly erode that feeling. That said Right Here, Right Now would be an excellent song to help ramp things up as kick-off approaches. So if I could I would vote for both!...We should play Right Here, Right Now as the players are preparing in the tunnel, etc then as they are due to run out it dies out and Good Old Sussex-By-Sea strikes up.

That ladies and gentleman is the way forward.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

I'd do it the other way around, GOSBTS just before they run out and and Right Here Right Now when they run out.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't know the words to right here right now :shrug:

Kids learn quicker than adults . so they can learn GOSBTS :thumbsup:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Don't give a shit what they play beforehand, as long as they play GOSBTS when the players run (walk) out the tunnel. If the kids don't know the words then the parents should teach them to them. Since when did anyone sing the words to the music of GOSBTS when the team ran out anyway?

Playing 'Right here, right now' when the team runs out would be rubbish. It will sound even more rubbish in 20 years time. We might as well start playing music when we score if we're going to do that. The kids like it, you see.

This. Get a grip youngsters.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
RHRN as the teams prepare in the tunnel, possibly get Norm to do a Falmer re-mix...this would also serve as a rallying call to people enjoying their lunch, coming through the turn-stiles or having a nervous pre-match pee and help ramp up the atmosphere...but it should be GOSBTS as soon as any of them put a foot on the hallowed turf.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There needs to be a decent gap between RHRN and GOSBTS (when the teams run out), in my opinion. It would sound shit running one into the other.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Spot on. They can play what the hell they like beforehand as long as they keep our anthem for the important bit. Every other two-bit, Noddy club in Britain runs out to some tired old pop tune and I don't want us to be the same. And personally I think 'Right here Right now' is a boring drone that does absolutely nothing for me. I felt exactly the same about the theme from 'Rocky' which Mike Bamber introduced once in an attempt to create an atmosphere.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I get a pavlovian reaction (oh-er missus) when I hear the trumpet fanfare at the start of Sussex By The Sea.

It takes me right back to the Goldstone, and watching for the players to run - yes - run out onto the pitch. You heard the fanfare, stopped chatting or reading the prog and looked up and the players emerged from the tunnel. Crowd erupt.

A better PA system; running down a tunnel rather than walking past the potacabins, down the slope and halfway across the pitch; better accoustics and the younger generation will soon be conditioned.

Love Fat Boy Slim, love RHRN (play it by all means at some point), but GOSBTS is a must as they run onto the pitch. It's ours.

PS Comedians and bands use proper warm up acts before they come on stage - our pre-match should do the same. Get the crowd engaged and involved so that when the players emerge they are fully primed and pumping.

[yt]Nv9rILExaXo[/yt]

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And as another point I think people not knowing the words is irrelevant. GOSBTS works (as do all national anthems) equally well as an instrumental as when it's sung. Better sometimes; I HATE all that warbling that Americans do when they sing their anthem before things like the Superbowl - and we've started doing it as well of course with GSTHQ.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, so if the club don't use RHRN as a warm up for the big event (GOSBTS)...on the basis that every other tin-pot club in the country seems to use it...what would people suggest?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Don't half the teams in the premiershit already come out to Right Here Right Now?
Show a bit of originality if we have to change it but there's nothing wrong wit GOSBTS its embracing the clubs history

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here