Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Lambert £1million

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tabloids today say Huddersfield are preparing a bid.

Come on Tony and Russ. Sign him up. He would be a cracking statement of intent.

I see Kuqi has been released by Palace as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kuqi claims he is 32 but must be going on 42 - would rather have Ifill.

Would love Lambert as cover for Murray leaving (inevitable before the season starts I think) but can't see us competing at that level just now which is a shame.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We'll need to be in Falmer before we can think about paying seven figures on a player.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I wish Huddersfield f*** off.

They are behaving exactly like a club with loads of money should

Bastards

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How the hell can Huddlesfield afford all these signings!

I agree

I think I've missed something, where has all their money come from? New investment or gone for broke?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I agree that I dont think we should be paying 1 million pounds for a striker, unless we get big money for Murray, but to be honest i cant see that happening.
As for Kuqi, article on sky sports says Middlesbrough and West brom are both interested along with a number of other clubs. Well so Kuqi claims!

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Huddersfield are getting on my tits now, are they not bidding for every bloody player on the market? they really are the man city of the third division.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Kuqi claims he is 32 but must be going on 42 - would rather have Ifill.

Would love Lambert as cover for Murray leaving (inevitable before the season starts I think) but can't see us competing at that level just now which is a shame.

Ifill has received offers from Qatar on £8k a week, thats where I think he will go..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why would anyone think Kuqi would even piss in our direction. and Ifill for that matter. The delusional minds of some NSC faithful never fails to amaze me!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What is all this crap about making statements of intent? The phrase has been used so many times on threads lately. What people mean to say is ' lets pay over the odds for someone irrespective of whether he is going to settle in our set up. For christ's sake, let slade and bloom get on with what their doing without these dumb statements. So far, the signings appear to be good but only time will tell. The last thing we need to do is get on bandwagon of just throwing our money away. The last 20 years have shown how important it is to get the club on a sound financial footing and to keep it there. We've been pretty shrewd in the transfer market over the last few years so lets keep it that way.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
no chance we would pay that much. and he is not worth that much any way the season before he was coming of the bench for them one good season is not enough to sign someone for a million at his age . would rather keep murray or sign theo robinson and keep the rest of the money we get for murray if he goes and re invest on a winger

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is all this crap about making statements of intent? The phrase has been used so many times on threads lately. What people mean to say is ' lets pay over the odds for someone irrespective of whether he is going to settle in our set up. For christ's sake, let slade and bloom get on with what their doing without these dumb statements. So far, the signings appear to be good but only time will tell. The last thing we need to do is get on bandwagon of just throwing our money away. The last 20 years have shown how important it is to get the club on a sound financial footing and to keep it there. We've been pretty shrewd in the transfer market over the last few years so lets keep it that way.

Well said.
And as has been said on previous threads, signing a player who's transfer valuation is a million (a "marquee signing" for us) would also mean paying the guy a kings ransom in wages, which is a VERY rocky road to start to go down.

Bollocks to "making statements". The only statements Bloom should be interested in are the ones from the bank.
Leeds we are not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As an aside it looks like Danny Graham is joining Watford.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well said.
And as has been said on previous threads, signing a player who's transfer valuation is a million (a "marquee signing" for us) would also mean paying the guy a kings ransom in wages, which is a VERY rocky road to start to go down.

Bollocks to "making statements". The only statements Bloom should be interested in are the ones from the bank.
Leeds we are not.

Very true. Also, isn't signing a player who was highly rated at Stockport and had time on trial at Liverpool a pretty big statement of intent. Slade is doing a very good job picking up decent players at low prices. All Huddersfield are doing is jacking up the price for anyone they are interested in. Lambert is a good player but £1 million is too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here