Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Lambert £1million

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another example of the value of a fit Murray.

Graham going to Watford seems bizarre because having watched him last night for the U21s I would have thought that a goalkeeper would have been a priority for them if Loach is their No 1.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very true. Also, isn't signing a player who was highly rated at Stockport and had time on trial at Liverpool a pretty big statement of intent. Slade is doing a very good job picking up decent players at low prices. All Huddersfield are doing is jacking up the price for anyone they are interested in. Lambert is a good player but £1 million is too much.

all that has happened is Town have a new chairman and board who are prepared to fund the rebuilding of a squad ( sound familiar).

as they have shown to be in the market for players, the greedy fuckkers aroudn the leagues suddenly put inflated prices on mediochre players ( Some people on here suggests Murray is worth a million......a million what? sea shells?

If you want to see something really daft, what about the transfer of Cox for £2 million!!! £ 2 million for an average 3rd division player who ok knows where the goal is IN THE THIRD DIVISION!

Bottom line is if you have money like Town have, stupid figures are bandied about....wasnt there a rumour on here that Town had spent half a million on Simpson......turns out it was less than 250k with add ons based on appearances.....the better signing Town are doing is Peltier, the ex Yeoville full back. he is a decent player and one Brighton could have done with

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is he better than what we have already?

It depends on who we have. I am not a great fan of Whingy, McNulty we have no idea if he is ever going to be the player he was ( Hinch anyone?) and this lad from Stockport who I cant remember being a full back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did he play against us for Yerovil because if so he didnt stand out to me in the same way that Terrell Forbes showed that he is obviously a classy defender.

I dunno to be honest...most games merged into the mire last season.( although we won 5-0 didnt we?)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you want to see something really daft, what about the transfer of Cox for £2 million!!! £ 2 million for an average 3rd division player who ok knows where the goal is IN THE THIRD DIVISION!

Difference is that WBA have parachute payments and a bit more money to throw around so they are taking a gamble on Cox. Didn't like him but can't argue he knows where the net is and wasn't it his first full season? We can't afford to gamble on players to the tune of £1m. Surely it's not the sort of thing Bloom wants to get into!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did he play against us for Yerovil because if so he didnt stand out to me in the same way that Terrell Forbes showed that he is obviously a classy defender.
Was that when we knocked five past them?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lambert sounds like he is out of our price range, but would like to have seen Graham here...

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
He isn't worth 1 mil, i'd love to see hudders struggle next season :lolol: :clap2:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What is all this crap about making statements of intent? The phrase has been used so many times on threads lately. What people mean to say is ' lets pay over the odds for someone irrespective of whether he is going to settle in our set up. For christ's sake, let slade and bloom get on with what their doing without these dumb statements. So far, the signings appear to be good but only time will tell. The last thing we need to do is get on bandwagon of just throwing our money away. The last 20 years have shown how important it is to get the club on a sound financial footing and to keep it there. We've been pretty shrewd in the transfer market over the last few years so lets keep it that way.

V.harsh Drew ( I started a thread called statement of intent) and I think Tunnicliffe is a statement of intent - a good young pro with loads of potential who probably would have cost 300-500k if Stockport had been in a healthier position. I would not recommend paying a million for any player in our position but I believe that Slade has made a S Of I by targeting hard working players with league One experience and there is nothing wrong with dreaming of a big signing

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
1. Rickie Lambart ain't worth 1 Milllion.
2. Slade and Bloom's transfer policy seems good. Young, talnted hungry players that can be with us at Falmer.
3. Huddersfield are making a rod for there own back spunking money around like they are.
4. I think the best is yet to come from the signings point of view.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3. Huddersfield are making a rod for there own back spunking money around like they are.

I totally agree....that Man United splashing money around, signing Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic...what the f*** did they do then...Oh hang on, they were champions, and Champions League winners, and oh yes got to the final this year too....welll throwing money around is really making a rod.

hang on, I have Mr Abramovitch on the phone...he really threw money around...what the f*** did that achieve? Couple of championships...champions league finalists micky mouse cups...

I take it when we start to move up the leagues and start spending to maintain the momentum, which we will have to do, then we can all accuse Bloom and the gang of spunking money.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its all about ruben reid

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I totally agree....that Man United splashing money around, signing Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic...what the f*** did they do then...Oh hang on, they were champions, and Champions League winners, and oh yes got to the final this year too....welll throwing money around is really making a rod.

hang on, I have Mr Abramovitch on the phone...he really threw money around...what the f*** did that achieve? Couple of championships...champions league finalists micky mouse cups...

bit harsh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here