Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Lambert £1million

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Us offering someone a million quid? Do me a favour- given that the highest fee we've ever shelled out for a player is half that, and that was back in 1980, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
V.harsh Drew ( I started a thread called statement of intent) and I think Tunnicliffe is a statement of intent - a good young pro with loads of potential who probably would have cost 300-500k if Stockport had been in a healthier position. I would not recommend paying a million for any player in our position but I believe that Slade has made a S Of I by targeting hard working players with league One experience and there is nothing wrong with dreaming of a big signing

The point is that every signing we make is about improving our squad but some people (with your own notable exception) seem to think that we have to show the football world what we intend to do. Well, Man City did that with Robinho and Jo but that got them nowhere.

I'm not into all this pre season posturing, lets make any statements on the pitch when it actually matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here