Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Hammond in critical condition in hospital [Merged]

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Latest BBC reports says that he's 'improving', that's good news.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
Steve Irwin, Now Richard Hammond :down:

Richard Hammond was attacked by a Stingray!? Why was it in the car in the first place?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
Has he died? :ohmy:

No .... He's supposed to be seriously ill but 'IMPROVING'.

Can't say you can compare the late Steve Irwin with Richard Hammond but I hope MoH's post was made in error rather than as a poor attempt at humour, I'm sure it was.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Jeremy Clarkson said, speaking at Leeds General Infirmary: "James May and I are at the hospital in Leeds where Richard remains in intensive care. Obviously at this time both he and his family are the most important concerns we have. It must be devastating for his wife Mindy and his two utterly adorable children. I would just like to say how heartened Richard will be when I tell him just how many motorists and truck drivers on my way here wound down their windows to say they were rooting for him. Both James and I are looking forward to getting our hamster back"

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Stop being a prick MoH. Clearly from all the posts on this thread and others you have no interest in motorised vehicles, travelling fast or anything of that nature. However many of us do have an interest and enjoy watching programs like Top Gear and the entertainment that people like Hammond and Clarkson provide.

This is the same type of thing as comments made by others in the thread about Steve Irwin. When this sort of thing happens if you don't have any interest or anything respectful to say don't fuckin well say anything at all! :angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Everyone is really getting there knickers in a twist aren't they. What is it with this over the top emotional outpouring for TV personalties. Its not like these threads start up when some human rights campaigner dies is it.

I feel very sorry for him and his family but lets not go overboard.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Skint Gull said:
Stop being a prick MoH. Clearly from all the posts on this thread and others you have no interest in motorised vehicles, travelling fast or anything of that nature. However many of us do have an interest and enjoy watching programs like Top Gear and the entertainment that people like Hammond and Clarkson provide.

This is the same type of thing as comments made by others in the thread about Steve Irwin. When this sort of thing happens if you don't have any interest or anything respectful to say don't fuckin well say anything at all! :angry:
:clap2: :clap2:

(Please let me know when I can post again - cheers.)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
edit: there are photos of the car on the BBC website, (tried to link unsucessfully) the damage doesn't look too bad hopefully he will make a speedy recovery

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Man of Harveys said:
I've never been a big fan of the show, I can't say I like the presenters very much, don't wish ill upon them, of course, but they've been tempting this sort of stupid, stupid fate for ages. Just wish it had been Jeremy Clarkson instead. Sorry to be unsympathetic, hope the guy recovers and all that, just think it's been coming.:(

I absolutely LOVE the show and Hammond is superb. In fact all three of them are because they are all so different, yet all have so much in common.

But I do kind of agree with what you are saying MoH about a sense of it's been coming a bit. The other night I was thinking EXACTLY that when I was watching a repeat from a couple of years back on UK Gold.

The three of them were driving Supercars, and part of the journey was through winding hillside roads. The cars they were driving were built for speed and not those little twisting roads, and yet because of the cars they were in, even James had shaken off his Captain Slow overcoat and sped along.

As I watched that, I did wonder about the safety of the show.

Dreadful, dreadful thing to happen, I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery, and we soon see him back on our screens.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Everyone is really getting there knickers in a twist aren't they. What is it with this over the top emotional outpouring for TV personalties. Its not like these threads start up when some human rights campaigner dies is it.

I feel very sorry for him and his family but lets not go overboard.

:clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Skint Gull said:

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here