Richard Hammond in critical condition in hospital [Merged]

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Tyrone Biggums said:
I never understand these people that come on and say

"he had it comming" or "it was bound to happen"

By their reasoning some pooor sod who's crossing the road and gets run down by a motor deserves little sympathy because he crosses the road every day , he had it comming.

Sorry - but he chose to put himself in a dangerous situation for entertainment.

There is no reasoning connecting between that and a person crossing the road.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Critical but stable, I assume he may be in a drug induced coma to give his brain recovery time.

Get well soon, that Top Gear ski jump show was just about the funnieist thing on TV in the last year

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
There is no reasoning connecting between that and a person crossing the road.

I agree about the crossing the road, but which one of us hasn't been fast on a motorbike, done a bunjee or parachute jump, been on a fairground or theme park ride for the excitement.

I suspect that like the vast majority of us, it was as much for the adrenalin rush

Get well soon

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
Amazing isn't it - "bloke who drives car at 300mph for a job gets hurt". What next?

Anyway, as I said before, here's to a swift recovery to the bloke. And, in this, presumably they've just made the best episode of Top Gear ever, so I guess that's something for people who like that sort of thing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Amazing isn't it - "bloke who drives car at 300mph for a job gets hurt". What next?

Anyway, as I said before, here's to a swift recovery to the bloke. And, in this, presumably they've just made the best episode of Top Gear ever, so I guess that's something for people who like that sort of thing.

There's always one isn't there. You could just as easily die in your sleep. Heartless arsehole:angry: :angry:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
That's terrible news, fingers crossed for him and his family. I love The Hamster, think he's great.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
There's always one isn't there. You could just as easily die in your sleep. Heartless arsehole:angry: :angry:
Stop it Leslie, stop it. It's been a very difficult time for us fans of TV presenters over the past few weeks.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Berk (of 'Trapdoor' fame) said:
Is it true he's had to have a leg amputated?

God bless the old internet rumour mill. I'm sure by the end of the day it will have become "both legs, both arms, and a brain transplant."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
:tosser:

What a stupid thing to say.

Next time I hear of someone being in an accident rest assured I'll be wishing it was YOU instead.
Aw - how sweet. :lolol: :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Stop it Leslie, stop it. It's been a very difficult time for us fans of TV presenters over the past few weeks.

These people sacrifice themselves for the good of the TV viewing public, making huge cultural statements that define who we are and all you can do is criticise. You digust me MoH:angry: :angry:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pushing boundaries is all good, fair play to him for putting himself in a vehicle that could go that fast. Get well soon.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
God bless the old internet rumour mill. I'm sure by the end of the day it will have become "both legs, both arms, and a brain transplant."
I heard, right, that his HEAD had come off - but, ever the pro, it carried on going on about the "AMAZING MIDRANGE TORQUE" for the benefit of Top Gear viewers for another FIVE minutes - before the ambulance turned up and they sellotaped it back on again.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tha Hamster is the best presenter on Top Gear, and it's a great programme with great presenters.

The accident sounds horrendous (on the radio on my way in they said a tyre had burst).

Hope he makes a full recovery, however long it takes. No rushing these things sometimes.

:down:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I heard his old boy feel off but in a completely unrelated incident.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richard Hammond is one of the best presenters on TV imho, a thoroughly likeable young man, boyish good looks and a great way about him. Infact the complete opposite to that old git Clarkson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here