Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Carpenter "has had his day" as an Albion player

Has Richard Carpenter "had his day" as an Albion player?

• Yes, it's fair

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No, it's unfair

Votes: 72 50.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you agree with this statement?

Last edited:

Anyone who saw his performance at Nottm Forest would say he has not "had his day", surely? Discuss :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yep - his legs have gone.

He will do a job, as he did yesterday, but his best days are long gone

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
HAS Had His Day - get your spelling write journo :lolol:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
A fairer poll would probably be " Richard Carpenter is off the pace as a central midfielder in this division and his form has been poor since he came back from his injury last year. Do you agree with this statement?".

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Carpenter still has a role this year but not as a regular

Withdean Wanderer said:
Yep - his legs have gone.

He will do a job, as he did yesterday, but his best days are long gone

Now I agree that his "best days" are gone, that's obvious. But that's not the poll question, "had his day" as an Albion player means past it, finished, should be dropped never to return.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This season i haven't been convinced by him at all.Still worth having in the squad for one more season as back up

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
sir danny cullip said:
A fairer poll would probably be " Richard Carpenter is off the pace as a central midfielder in this division and his form has been poor since he came back from his injury last year. Do you agree with this statement?".

I notice the fact that of all the anti-Carpenter quotes in that thread, it was probably the most controversial statement of them all (and also one which depends on your definition of 'had his day') :glare:

sir danny cullip said:

That's two seperate questions and people could easily have different answers to them both. But anyways, the terms of the poll are set and are based on a statement by one of the Turienzo twins (I forget which) that Richard Carpenter has "had his day" as an Albion player - further, they say this is the "popular" opinion of NSC. This poll will find out not whether they are correct, but whether their opinion that Chippy should be dropped never to return is "popular" or not.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm hoping it's these people's last season

Hart
Mayo
Butters
Carpenter

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:
"had his day" as an Albion player means past it, finished, should be dropped never to return.

Now, i know you are a journalist, but is there actually a stonewall definition of that phrase? Because i'm fairly sure the statements meaning is open to opinion?!?!

Fragmented Badger said:
You can't even get the question right:lolol:

He has obviously "had his day," ie his best days are behind him. He is 34 for christ sake! I would be surprised if any 34 year old HADN'T got their best football behind them - this is nothing to do with Richard Carpenter at all!

The question was based on your very words. Or your alter ego's. I can't remember which and it's not reasonable for me to because you are identical, in NSC terms at least :D

Withdean Wanderer said:
Now, i know you are a journalist, but is there actually a stonewall definition of that phrase? Because i'm fairly sure the statements meaning is open to opinion?!?!

That's my reasonable interpretation. You have yours. NSC voters can make up their own minds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here