Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Review of Southend and answer to question 10 here

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
You guys get very tetchy and defensive when anyone dares to even add constructive criticism these days.

And you know me well enough to know I would never start a personal issue thing.

I think it depends on what people are saying really. If it's a wild assumption like our listening figures which a few on here seem to think they know, then I'll respond as it has no basis in fact.

Regarding the posting, personally I don't see the problem when it's Albion related. Think about how much unrelated Albion stuff is posted here.

Yes, maybe too much but I personally think if people see it and are not interested then don't open it. Ok it could go on an old thread, but we like to highlight that the listen again is uploaded and ready rather than attaching it to an old thread "this is what is on the show" in case people don't know to look on the old one - and it's not as if space is at a premium and there's no server space left.

I would like to think our forum conduct is good so I can't see the problem, but feel free to criticise, like you say as long as it's not personal.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
For what it is worth, I agree with Beachy. It's getting like Animal Farm around here these days. All posters are equal - but some are more equal than others.

Any criticism of the "Albion Roar" (*cringe* - sounds like a name I'd have made up in 3rd year at secondary school), will be met with derision, distain and contempt. Fair enough it is a show produced and presented by fans, but that doesn't mean it has to be any good. Sadly, most things produced by fans of anything are rarely any good. They do it for themselves before the audience and that is often what shines through.

We do it as we enjoy doing the show, not a crime.

However, seeing that we don't get paid and actually make a contribution to the station to broadcast our show and that we do it every week indicates we have commitment to put a show out to fans.

Harty came on the other week and he talked for almost the whole show. So doing it for ourselves I doubt as we're not saying look at us. It's rare someone like Harty, Peter Ward etc can get 55 mins to talk freely to Albion fans on the radio.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
An idea, Jonny.

We're down to two in the studio this week, so I've got to find TWO guests. We just won't advertise who they are. That's not sulking or flouncing on the back what is being said - I just want to see how it goes and what happens.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will confess when I have listened to it I have quite enjoyed although last week I heard perhaps the most ironic statement ever however will not elaborate as it would be personal.

I accept several people have very personal and somewhat tiresome agendas however you have to stand by what you do and if you like the media be it via radio / Argus blogs no matter how much time you spend you will not always be popular.

I spend 9 years running a youth football team and was rarely popular with all players let alone parents but so be it.

These days though anything said against certain things is almost stamped on in an very nasty vindictive way in my opinion and is not really very healthy to constructive debate.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An idea, Jonny.

We're down to two in the studio this week, so I've got to find TWO guests. We just won't advertise who they are. That's not sulking or flouncing on the back what is being said - I just want to see how it goes and what happens.

Let's have the pair of you presenting for a change then ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We do it as we enjoy doing the show, not a crime.

However, seeing that we don't get paid and actually make a contribution to the station to broadcast our show and that we do it every week indicates we have commitment to put a show out to fans.

Harty came on the other week and he talked for almost the whole show. So doing it for ourselves I doubt as we're not saying look at us. It's rare someone like Harty, Peter Ward etc can get 55 mins to talk freely to Albion fans on the radio.

Fair enough, I apologise.
I think this is simply what happens when 2 people look at the same thing from two different places.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Hooray, we've finally got the right answer. I've no problem with your show, not that I have listened to it more than a handful of times. Even if I did have I don't think it's right to slag off people who are giving up their time for nothing, whatever anyone's motives for that may be - like the sound of their own voice etc. The problem is you're (and by you I mean all of you, not just TLO) basically taking advantage of a free site to advertise a show that, in fairness, probably doesn't interest the majority of people. I think Beach Hut makes a good point - maybe have a seperate section. And I think Bry Nylon is on the money too. Whatever the answer, it's ridiculous to have so many threads on the same topic each week. 'The Albion Roar' may think it's fine because it's albion related, but if I started the same thread four times a week then albion related or not I'd get warned and banned.

Like the sound of their own voice, that's rich! ???

"basically taking advantage of a free site to advertise a show that, in fairness, probably doesn't interest the majority of people."

So you have spoken to the majority of people on nsc. You have carried out research and complied data. I really believe you should smell what you're shovelling as it doesn't add up.

Again you are acting like you know these things. I don't think you can make such an assumption without proper research.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like the sound of their own voice, that's rich! ???

"basically taking advantage of a free site to advertise a show that, in fairness, probably doesn't interest the majority of people."

So you have spoken to the majority of people on nsc. You have carried out research and complied data. I really believe you should smell what you're shovelling as it doesn't add up.

Again you are acting like you know these things. I don't think you can make such an assumption without proper research.

There you go, better defences than the USA Star Wars program :lolol:

A minutae of criticism so just ram back the moral high ground of what do you know, do you speak for NSC therefore either research it and prove it otherwise I am right.

I thought we were making progress.................

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
There you go, better defences than the USA Star Wars program :lolol:

A minutae of criticism so just ram back the moral high ground of what do you know, do you speak for NSC therefore either research it and prove it otherwise I am right.

I thought we were making progress.................

Fair enough, maybe so :)

But you must get my point that when you hear people say, majority of people would not be interested in or you have no listeners etc then you have to question what they base the comments on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fair enough, maybe so :)

But you must get my point that when you hear people say, majority of people would not be interested in or you have no listeners etc then you have to question what they base the comments on.

Personally my view in no as there is no measurement at all of listening figures is there so just state that every time (unless I am wrong).

Edit - I stand correct, silly me

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Surely the only stats either of us have to go on is the number of responses your plethora of threads attract. In which case, I'm right.

No, that's not correct.

You go on views and replies which does not tell you everything. Again as previously mentioned I cannot tell you who listens on FM or the Reverb website, I believe they have been doing some surveys though on station listeners.

However, I monitor the stats on our own website. So that's the stats I base it on, which you do not have access to. The hard facts of people coming onto our website, bit more concrete I think

???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, again, a posting restriction is about to be imposed for your incessant trolling which has no place on NSC.

Marshal law this, just like what happened to LI but hey ho

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So does this thread count as a HB&B or an Albion Roar one now? As this seems to be way to benchmark popularity on NSC it's important to know :D

For the record I have never listened to Albion Roar (or bought TSLR) but I have read Tim's blog.

My comments on here have been nothing to do with Animal farm or sacred cows, it has purely been about the vindictive nature of posts which have been deliberately made to have a dig at other people and to wind up people who they know will react to them. There have also been posts which have bought others family members into the subject which is out of order. Let's be brutally honest here, in my opinion if TLO didn't appear on Albion Roar, I doubt The Complete Badger or HB&B would have an issue with it.

But this whole debate brings an interesting dilema.

- Should we now have a rule that says no new Albion Roar threads?
- How about no new phone in threads?
- or how about if you've had your say about Mike Ward once you cant say it again.
- Or how about one thread on Kuipers where you can't repeat what you've said previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here