Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Review of Southend and answer to question 10 here

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Alan, would you prefer to stop all this and try and get along as adults?

To be fair here, TLOs comment was ill advised and he seems to have hit a nerve with you on this.

However you have made it your life's work it seems to troll round this board trying to wind him up ably assisted by The Complete Badger. You have tried to wind others up as well including me, e.g. making comments about my wife and pretending to know me as some kind of friend of yours, but without the same results. When you have apologised to him in the past they have been at best half hearted and at worst sarcastic. I don't think now is the time for you to try and take the moral high ground.

It's a pity because some of what you write is well thought out and entertaining - having taken my 2 and a half year old son to 10 games since he was born (his first was aged 6 weeks) and biting the bullet and getting him a season ticket this year I should be reading your latest blog with empathy and shared humour. However I only feel a sense of self loathing for finding bits of it funny.

Sorry, that's how I feel. I await some smart arse remark back - after all, in your world it seems better to be loathed than to be ignored.

D

Deleted User X18H

To be fair here, TLOs comment was ill advised and he seems to have hit a nerve with you on this.

However you have made it your life's work it seems to troll round this board trying to wind him up ably assisted by The Complete Badger. You have tried to wind others up as well including me, e.g. making comments about my wife and pretending to know me as some kind of friend of yours, but without the same results. When you have apologised to him in the past they have been at best half hearted and at worst sarcastic. I don't think now is the time for you to try and take the moral high ground.

It's a pity because some of what you write is well thought out and entertaining - having taken my 2 and a half year old son to 10 games since he was born (his first was aged 6 weeks) and biting the bullet and getting him a season ticket this year I should be reading your latest blog with empathy and shared humour. However I only feel a sense of self loathing for finding bits of it funny.

Sorry, that's how I feel. I await some smart arse remark back - after all, in your world it seems better to be loathed than to be ignored.

To be fair Adie, Alan does put himself up for these things he can be unnecessarily confrontational to those who dare contradict his opinion

I do know your wife and know she would have excessive knowledge of the specific questions you posed yesterday.

I will not attempt to wind you up again in fact sadly and regrettably ignore whatever you post in future. This is a shame as I was a massive admirer of the Bring Home the Albion campaign and still somewhere have a copy of one the Argus front pages and a lapel badge with the emblem on!

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alan dear boy the proof of the pudding ........ your uninteresting thread got about 110 views since yesterday mine has got nearly 600 since 10am today that is also about 550 Argus hits! You have too think of an angle ...

...and your angle has been near-continual trolling for a number of years. And, despite numerous posting restrictions, you come back and soon slip into the same old spite-ridden arrogant patter.

Is it an act? I have no idea. Maybe you are a decent chap 'in real life', but I don't really care, because it's how you behave on here that concerns me and, more widely, how your behaviour affects the otherwise smooth-running of NSC.

So, again, a posting restriction is about to be imposed for your incessant trolling which has no place on NSC.

And your pops at the Albion Roar boys is out of order. I don't know them, I've rarely had a chance to listen to their show but it seems clear to me their efforts are a labour of love. Love for the Albion. Your efforts seem to be a labour of love too, of course. A love of yourself. Such self ego-stroking is quite unpleasant to watch at times.

One more thing about your blog. The Argus asked me if I would help publicise a blog being written by an NSCer. I never followed that up, but I assume that person was you. I would be delighted to help many NSCers in a similar position, but not you. I wouldn't want anyone to think that your views and thoughts in any way represented NSC.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
To be fair Adie Alan does put himself up for these things he can be unnecessarily confrontational to those who dare contradict his opinion

I do know your wife and know she would have excessive knowledge of the specific questions you posed yesterday.

I will not attempt to wind you up again in fact sadly and regrettably ignore whatever you post in future. This is a shame as I was a massive admirer of the Bring Home the Albion campaign and still somewhere have a copy of one the Argus front pages and a lapel badge with the emblem on!

So you accept that you are deliberately trying to wind him up? It's all a bit childish then and makes your 'outrage' at his comment all the more sad.

Please don't try and weasel round this. You have made comments about my wife quite a few times - whether you know her or not is irrelevant. If you know her as well as you know me, then that will have involved a 5 minute conversation at a sponsors do 3 or 4 years ago. Even in the time it took me to post earlier, you then tried to have another swipe at where I live as if it in some way makes you a better person.

As for the mock hurt comment in your final paragraph - so be it.

D

Deleted User X18H

So you accept that you are deliberately trying to wind him up? It's all a bit childish then and makes your 'outrage' at his comment all the more sad.

Please don't try and weasel round this. You have made comments about my wife quite a few times - whether you know her or not is irrelevant. If you know her as well as you know me, then that will have involved a 5 minute conversation at a sponsors do 3 or 4 years ago. Even in the time it took me to post earlier, you then tried to have another swipe at where I live as if it in some way makes you a better person.

As for the mock hurt comment in your final paragraph - so be it.

No I have not ! I have obviously taken things to far though.

It is just banter that we all seem to have. I apologise to you as you have not taken it like that and I didn't intend to cause offence!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No I have not ! I have obviously taken things to far though.

It is just banter that we all seem to have. I apologise to you as you have not taken it like that and I didn't intend to cause offence!

But...

... it's not banter. Banter is joking and leg-pulling between two or more friends. FRIENDS. As has been pointed out on here more than once, your posts are indicative of friendships that simply do not exist, especially - in my case - regarding your intrusive and unwarranted comments on my partner, and my relationship with her.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But...

... it's not banter. Banter is joking and leg-pulling between two or more friends. FRIENDS. As has been pointed out on here more than once, your posts are indicative of friendships that simply do not exist, especially - in my case - regarding your intrusive and unwarranted comments on my partner, and my relationship with her.

See you on Saturday you fatbastard :p

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Absolute rubbish. I'm not winding anyone up here. The albion roar spamming of this board is a joke, and the fact that every thread they create gets ZERO replies (bar their own bounces) proves there is no demand for them.

I don't think anyone is slagging off the content of their show or the work they do for it. I'm certainly not. I think it's commendable. But the CONSTANT barrage of identical threads is tiresome, and there is proof elsewhere that less is more. Look at HB&Bs threads which occur, at most, once a week - plenty of replies. Look at the occasional effort from the Albion Moan-In chaps - loads of replies and calls. On the other hand you have the albion roar chaps who spam the board but don't get a reply, and I've never seen so much as a spot of comment on their show. Just saying, like.

Sometimes we get comments, sometimes we don't. We post to let people know a show is happening, or interviews or a blog is there to look at - that is the main reason, not for comments - if we do then great. We bounce so people not on the forum that day get a chance to see it's available.

If you don't like the threads don't read them, quite simple.

Being doing the show for 6 years and been posting on here for a long time and now you find it annoying. Sounds like you're jumping on the band wagon.

Jonny

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Absolute rubbish. I'm not winding anyone up here. The albion roar spamming of this board is a joke, and the fact that every thread they create gets ZERO replies (bar their own bounces) proves there is no demand for them.

I don't think anyone is slagging off the content of their show or the work they do for it. I'm certainly not. I think it's commendable. But the CONSTANT barrage of identical threads is tiresome, and there is proof elsewhere that less is more. Look at HB&Bs threads which occur, at most, once a week - plenty of replies. Look at the occasional effort from the Albion Moan-In chaps - loads of replies and calls. On the other hand you have the albion roar chaps who spam the board but don't get a reply, and I've never seen so much as a spot of comment on their show. Just saying, like.

Prior to his posting restriction I would suggest that half the posts on this thread were from hb&b himself, while perhaps another quarter were in response to his efforts in winding posters up

That's not reasoned.debate, that's just attention seeking. I'm sure if the albion roar posts contained comments about your partner or slagged off say the seagull love review it too would get a lot of additional interest. Not necessarily what they would want though I would have thought. Your comments and wild overreaction about them (use of phrases/ words like ZERO, accusations of spamming, mentioning bouncing own threads while ignoring/lauding others who do the same) just looks a bit sad really

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think several people seem to take themselves far too seriously about what they do.

Top posting though some of the insults were total classics.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, but if you feel there is one then surely that indicates you understand the growing resentment?

You may well have been posting on here a long time but I've never noticed you pollute the board with so many threads until recently. In fact, I'm SURE you didn't used to do it.

Facts are everyone, and I literally mean EVERYONE, who reads nsc knows the albion roar is on from 12-1 on a Saturday. They also know you do some interviews which are on the site and a listen again feature. You don't need to tell everyone this EVERY week.

There are only a certain number of people on nsc who a) are free at the right time to be able to listen to the show, and b) want to listen to it. Personally, I think you've more than exhausted this particular avenue of new listeners. ONE thread per week is ample. You can have all the details in that. You say I don't have to open them all (well I don't, and nor does anyone else judging by the replies) but other people are banned for spamming so why not you?

No, I don't. As I find that the resentment is amongst a very small minority, with you and HB&B making up a fair number.

The amount of threads have increased only slightly with the content we add to our website over the years, but not massively. You are exaggerating.

Next point, you say pollute. How are threads letting people know that our show is available to listen again to polluting the board. Our threads are ALL related to the seagulls. We don't get involved with the ribbing of people and slagging off that goes on here. We do a show and offer people to come on to talk about the Albion. We've had guests like Peter Ward, Dick Knight, Harty, Paul Camillin etc etc - decent guests, so we post to let people know on here.

You say spam, but this is an Albion forum, we do a show and have a website about the Albion - so you're way off there.

Maybe not everyone opens the thread, but at least people know the show is there when we post, rather than go the website and find it's not uploaded yet. Sounds like another HB&B we have no listeners. Not something you would know about, but only assume.

If it's a problem and mods get in touch then fine, but from the sound of Bozza's reply he doesn't have an issue. I don't think Lord B or Roz does either. If they do we will be more than happy to comply.

I do very much agree with reply by ROSM, he makes good points about you and HB&B

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, but if you feel there is one then surely that indicates you understand the growing resentment?

You may well have been posting on here a long time but I've never noticed you pollute the board with so many threads until recently. In fact, I'm SURE you didn't used to do it.

Facts are everyone, and I literally mean EVERYONE, who reads nsc knows the albion roar is on from 12-1 on a Saturday. They also know you do some interviews which are on the site and a listen again feature. You don't need to tell everyone this EVERY week.

There are only a certain number of people on nsc who a) are free at the right time to be able to listen to the show, and b) want to listen to it. Personally, I think you've more than exhausted this particular avenue of new listeners. ONE thread per week is ample. You can have all the details in that. You say I don't have to open them all (well I don't, and nor does anyone else judging by the replies) but other people are banned for spamming so why not you?

Deary me, talk about wanting to put yourself in the way of antagonism. As was said before, if you don't want to read it, ignore it. Yet you choose not to ignore. Weird.

And well done for speaking on behalf of everyone on NSC. I wish I had the power and insight to do that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The amount of threads have increased only slightly with the content we add to our website over the years, but not massively. You are exaggerating...

Could you possibly, like just maybe, with hint of suspicion, considering all the alternatives, taking a wild stab in the dark, plucking a name out of thin air, just guessing, be talking - I'm not sure here mind - about... The Complete Badger? :eek:

No, no. You can't be. My mistake. Not possible. Humblest apologies. :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps we should have an Albion Roar Section of the board for those that want to see what is going on.

Come on do we need to be told who is in it, then when it is (same time every week), then when it is repeated in three different threads every week with several bounces ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps we should have an Albion Roar Section of the board for those that want to see what is going on.

Come on do we need to be told who is in it, then when it is (same time every week), then when it is repeated in three different threads every week with several bounces ?

I'll grant you one thread per week ought to suffice, or bouncing an old one with up-to-date info on who the guests are that week could be OK if it REALLY upsets so many poor souls.

Mind you, there's usually more threads slagging off the phone-in each week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll grant you one thread per week ought to suffice, or bouncing an old one with up-to-date info on who the guests are could be OK if it REALLY upsets so many poor souls.

You guys get very tetchy and defensive when anyone dares to even add constructive criticism these days.

And you know me well enough to know I would never start a personal issue thing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You guys get very tetchy and defensive when anyone dares to even add constructive criticism these days.

And you know me well enough to know I would never start a personal issue thing.

Criticism, as long as it's fair and considered I could handle. We got plenty, most of it fair, coming from the Dick Knight show, for instance.

But the criticism here is not generally about the show per se, it's about the number of threads on here plugging the show. Personally, I find sympathy with that, but only to a point. That point is reached when you read TCB's diatribes further up the page. He had a point, but he isn't capable of making it in clear reasoned way. It's often way over the top. I'm not tetchy about it, I find it's rather sad he feels so strongly about it that he needs to offload such invective.

The usual negative feedback we receive is that the show is 'boring'. Fair enough. It's not for everyone. Suggestions for way of livening it up are always welcome.

Any tetchiness from me comes not from criticism, but from abuse - some childish (fat ginger tosser, lickers' radio show), some personal. Ho-hum.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For what it is worth, I agree with Beachy. It's getting like Animal Farm around here these days. All posters are equal - but some are more equal than others.

Any criticism of the "Albion Roar" (*cringe* - sounds like a name I'd have made up in 3rd year at secondary school), will be met with derision, distain and contempt. Fair enough it is a show produced and presented by fans, but that doesn't mean it has to be any good. Sadly, most things produced by fans of anything are rarely any good. They do it for themselves before the audience and that is often what shines through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here