Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revenge for Falmer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by cannedheat
Maggie , UK greatest ever prime minister. state funeral for her when she goes, unlike Blair who will be chucked on the compost heap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a joke right?

Originally posted by cannedheat
Don' t do jokes.

Obviously don't do politics either :dunce:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
When I walked into the Telscombe Polling Station yesterday - I was greeted by the Lib Dem vote register person who wanted to take my voter number.

"Yes, you can have my number, and also my opinion that what you've done in the matter of Falmer is nothing short of political terrorism. Why does my son have to watch professional football from the side of a running track?"

Yellow Badge Wearing Ferret "I just take the numbers...."

Urgh, voting Tory - still - it was our only chance....
I feel very dirty though........ dirty girl, dirty girl!!

:clap: Dont forget your cauldron on your way out, Marina!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I have just got home and seen the local election results. It would seem lots of Albion fans voted tactically like me and justice was done. Pepper, Neighbour and Lee got their come uppence! :clap2: :albion:

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
BUTTERBALL said:
I live in the Lewes District Council catchment area (Telscombe Cliffs). For the first time EVER i have voted for the Conservatives PURELY because Labour have no chance in this area and I want Pepper, Lee and all the other Lib Dems off the council becuase of what they had done with Falmer. My only regret was forgetting to wear my Albion top down to the polling booth.

If anyone in the LDC area has not already done so, I suggest you get down there and do the same!

So you voted for the party (Tories) which also voted against Falmer on Lewes District?

Makes no sense.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Revenge for Falmer

vauxhallexile said:
So you voted for the party (Tories) which also voted against Falmer on Lewes District?

Makes no sense.

Not all Tories are against the stadium.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Re: Re: Revenge for Falmer

vauxhallexile said:

Makes no sense.

It does in the sense that the Liberal Democrats have been tarnished as anti-stadium and unfortunately for yourself and the Brighton Lib Dems they are viewed amoungst fans as the anti-football party.

( I know for a fact the Lib Dems actively support Barnet )

Whatever the Tories stance, would you be surprised if they suddenly dilute it ?

It's politics at the end of the day isn't it ?

As much as I respect your work in my local area, I can't bring myself to vote for your party because of the behaivour of those in Lewes.

Not for their decision to oppose the stadium though. Much more to do with the dodgy leaflets, their bizarre press releases, the documents placed on their website with the comments still attached etc...

I think I've told you before, but I do have the utmost respect for you because of your honest dialogue on here regarding your support for the club and the stadium. Especially for the fact that I know you've lobbied on our behalf. For that you deserve thanks from every supporter.

It's a shame others in your party aren't the same.

Last edited:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Without Thatcher and Ian McGreggor there would be NO steel industry.
(Yes it was painful my dad lost his job three times in two years & we didn't have things that you take for granted.)

But because of their vision Sheffield produces more steel (and of a higher quality) in a week now than it did in a year in the late '60s when the steel industry work force was ten times its current size.

Most of our present day affluence is down to Thatcher's willingness to make and enforce very difficult decisions for the long term future of this country. After years of Labour propping up un economical national industry with high taxes and soaring inflation rates.

I'm not looking at the past with rose tinted spectacles , just reality.

Men worked long hours for a pittance and if they were lucky had enough money at the end of their lives to give them a decent send off. No one hoped to leave an estate to their family just not a debt for their funeral.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Revenge for Falmer

clapham_gull said:
It does in the sense that the Liberal Democrats have been tarnished as anti-stadium and unfortunately for yourself and the Brighton Lib Dems they are viewed amoungst fans as the anti-football party.

( I know for a fact the Lib Dems actively support Barnet )

Whatever the Tories stance, would you be surprised if they suddenly dilute it ?

It's politics at the end of the day isn't it ?

As much as I respect your work in my local area, I can't bring myself to vote for your party because of the behaivour of those in Lewes.

Not for their decision to oppose the stadium though. Much more to do with the dodgy leaflets, their bizarre press releases, the documents placed on their website with the comments still attached etc...

I think I've told you before, but I do have the utmost respect for you because of your honest dialogue on here regarding your support for the club and the stadium. Especially for the fact that I know you've lobbied on our behalf. For that you deserve thanks from every supporter.

It's a shame others in your party aren't the same.

Thanks for your comments about me.
However, going back to the Tories. They may well change their views following these elections (as may do the Lewes Lib Dems), but people on this board forget the Tory track record including the fact that in Brighton, it was a Tory councillor who voted against Falmer at the planning committee in addition to his Lewes colleagues who also voted against it.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
So at the end of all this when Ruth says YES, are LDC less likely to continue ther delaying tactics and continous opposition to the stadium or are things much the same?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
larus said:
The mines were shut because we coudn't compete with other countries.

I don't want to pay more taxes to pay to produce something in this country if e can't compete. Simple economics.

And why couldn't we compete? because Poland where we were importing coal from at the time, were subsudising their mines by government to thetune of 80% cost per tonne.

We couldnt compete because we were not playing on a level playing field...that is not "economics" that is bullshit!

Secondly, what happened to the miners is happening now to IT workers and call centre staff, whereby its cheaper to ship work to the far east and India.

So perhaps Blair is not that far away from Maggie after all

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You can't say that David. Blair is solely responsible for turning the country around and making it a lovely place to live with everyone given the chance of affordable income, free of debt and barrier free access to buy a house.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Barrel of Fun said:
You can't say that David. Blair is solely responsible for turning the country around and making it a lovely place to live with everyone given the chance of affordable education, free of debt and barrier free access to buy a house.
Plus many other remarkable achievements. The rebuidling of Iraq for example.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i assume you are joking

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

IMO we should dig a hole, drop Blair and Thatcher in it, put some bars over the top and some public viewing galleries and let em get on with it.
I spent years hating the Tories and longing for a Labour government, now we have one I feel extremely let down.
To hell with the pair of them.

That is all, I'm off to Cheltenham to shout and sing.:albion:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Franks Wild Years said:
IMO we should dig a hole, drop Blair and Thatcher in it, put some bars over the top and some public viewing galleries and let em get on with it.
I spent years hating the Tories and longing for a Labour government, now we have one I feel extremely let down.
To hell with the pair of them.

That is all, I'm off to Cheltenham to shout and sing.:albion:

yes but they love eachother

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barrel of Fun said:
Certainly not. The man that brought Cherie (the face that launched 1,000 ships) to the public forefront deserves credit, where credit is due.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

cannedheat said:
Maggie :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:, UK greatest ever prime minister. state funeral for her when she goes, unlike Blair who will be chucked on the compost heap.

I wouldn't polute my compost with Blair his stench would damage my allotment for years to come.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Yorkie said:
You saw the images the press wanted you to see. Ned & I lived through it. Don't believe all you saw in the press.
It's strange but this hatred and sheer venom for Thatcher seems to be more prolific in Brighton than in Yorkshire where all the harm was done.

Agreed Yorkie!

That's because people in Yorkshire aren't as "right on" as some of the luvvies in Brighton. They love the image Brighton has of being all arty & bohemian.
Me, I'd just love to see Falmer sorted, Brighton & Hove seafront sorted, people going into A&E up at Sussex County come out alive without contracting MRSA, the litter cleaned up so that Brighton doesn't look like a f***ing tip, London Rd to have SOMETHING done to regenerate the area, all hoodie/chav/yobs given a slap every time they step out of line, old people to be given better care by the state. I know there are other things that I could mention but that'll do for now.

I once said something against Gay Pride on here & had people calling me homophobic; once again because I don't agree with all this Brighton "right on" attitude. I'd like the Albion to be able to kick start the season with a home game, but instead of that we have the Pink Pound winning the day in the park; followed by us having to pay for the clean up over the next couple of days.

As for Maggie; well she did a few things wrong, but she did a few things right. She also only went to war when we had good reason & didn't lie in the house about the reason.

If you don't like that then kiss my f***ing arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here