Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Resident CAT lovers...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seeing as we seem to have quite a few on here, I'm surprised there's been no big binfest thread aout the 'Woman puts cat in wheelie bin' story.

Have I missed it?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
polls_Simpsons_CrazyCatLady_3236_733371_poll_xlarge.jpeg

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I haven't seen one either, but I hate cats. That's not to say I support her actions at all, but some woman on the radio saying how "cats are harmless" really got my goat. If they are so harmless, how come they often terrorise other people's pets and shit in their gardens?

I don't condone what the woman did at all but I can sort of understand it when a lot of cat owners seem to believe that their animals have unlimited rights to go wherever they please and do whatever they wish "because they are cats".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The RSPCA has said it will be speaking to a woman caught on CCTV dumping a cat into a wheelie bin in Coventry.

Lola, a four-year-old tabby, was discovered 15 hours later by owner Darryl Mann after he heard her cries.

He then checked his security cameras and saw footage of the woman first stroking Lola and then grabbing her by the neck and throwing her in the bin.

Police said they had identified the woman and community support officers had been stationed outside her home.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
I thought she might have got in herself - she's not the brightest cat”
End Quote
Darryl Man, cat owner
Mr Mann, 26, of Brays Lane, said he had not noticed that Lola had been missing.

"She is a night cat. We sometimes don't see her in the day unless she comes in for food."

He said he had been going out to his car on Sunday morning when he heard her meowing.

"I thought at first she was under the car. But then I found her in the bin."

He later checked his CCTV, which he installed for security reasons, to see how Lola had ended up in the bin.

"I thought she might have got in herself - she's not the brightest cat.

"It's disgusting, she's a lovely cat... she'd never hurt anyone.

Large crowd

"I don't know how someone could do it to such a defenceless animal.

"Obviously, we had to go through a good few hours of video footage, but... within a couple of hours we had it on the internet."

West Midlands Police said they received a call on Sunday evening reporting what had happened.

They said the actions caught on CCTV could constitute an animal cruelty offence because of the likely suffering caused to the cat.

The force said it was supporting the RSPCA investigation and urged the public to leave the matter to the authorities.

It said a large crowd had gathered outside the woman's home and police community support officers were there to monitor the situation.

"Media speculation that the woman is being given police protection is categorically not the case," it added.

"Community support officers are outside the woman's address monitoring a large group of people - most of them from the media - for public order purposes as per routine police procedure."

It said the RSPCA was due to talk to the woman shortly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One worry over this story, I think, is that whilst BANG out of order - its quite FUNNY on some sick level.

BBC News - Woman filmed dumping cat in wheelie bin in Coventry

Watch the video -the MENTAL woman, looks around, gives kitty a little stroke, then BAM!

Bit of a worry that we'll see yoofs induldge in a load of copy-CAT incidents off the back of this.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I don't condone what the woman did at all but I can sort of understand it when a lot of cat owners seem to believe that their animals have unlimited rights to go wherever they please and do whatever they wish "because they are cats".[/QUOTE]

i know us cat owners should tell them to behave themselves and stay out of other peoples gardens, follow them around all day with poop scoops and keep them on a lead ffs :rant:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't condone what the woman did at all but I can sort of understand it when a lot of cat owners seem to believe that their animals have unlimited rights to go wherever they please and do whatever they wish "because they are cats".

Wasn't the cat on it's owners wall?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
CAT BIN LADY SIGNED BY COWELL Print E-mail
25-08-10

FREAK wrangler Simon Cowell has signed a 50-year-old woman after footage of her slamdunking a cat became an internet sensation.

There are fears the outcry will lead to children not trying to put cats in bins
Charity shop model Mary Bale will record a range of feline-related covers for her debut CD, including The Cure's Love Cats, Cool for Cats by Squeeze and Paula Abdul's Opposites Attract featuring MC Skat Kat.

Wayne Hayes, one of Cowell's flying monkeys, said: "When Simon started watching the video, he rolled his eyes and assumed it was just another middle-aged woman stroking a cat but when he saw her treat a trusting innocent with such withering contempt he knew he'd found a kindred spirit.

"It was another Susan Boyle moment, but instead of a frumpy older woman suddenly revealing the voice of an angel it was a frumpy older woman revealing that she was a vindictive, pinch-faced old picklefanny."

Bale has been offered protection by Coventry police after a local vigilante group threatened to torch her house for being a paedophile on the basis the cat was only two years old.

And Cowell is already facing a backlash with some accusing him of manufacturing the incident amid claims that Bale's cat-dunking has been digitally enhanced.

Former neighbour, Nikki Hollis, said: "I remember loads of times when Mary found stray cats in her back garden and she couldn't hit the side of a shed with them. Though not for want of trying."

Meanwhile, Pakistani orphan, Ali Sanjar, said: "If my entire family had not been swept to their death by the mighty Indus, I'm sure they would be horrified to see such a nutritious animal being chucked in the bin like that."

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
She's claiming it was only a joke!!!!

I'd love it if someone (with the help of a truck style lift) put her in a bin.

For the record Im neither a cat lover or hater, life is for you to decide, me Im on the fence.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If anyone comes along and strokes you, then RUN...

:bowdown:

"help"..................................................................

comes the faint cry from LB stuck in a wheelie bin thanks to a crazed ladieeeee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here