Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of Cox demise are greatly ecaggerated

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good for 15 minutes, disappeared for the next 75, bottled taking a penalty.

Marvellous.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I thought Cox was a bit predictable in getting to within 10 yards of the byline, and cutting back on his right foot to cross the ball. Fair play to the lad, he managed to beat the first defender on all his crosses.

Been taken off set piece duties, and did indeed put in a great cross for Joe Anyansweryineboah

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
To be fair one game in the JPT doesn't really cover up how shite he has been for quite a long time. Hopefully it is the start of the turn around back into form though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Been taken off set piece duties, and did indeed put in a great cross for Joe Anyansweryineboah

On that note: Has Savage always been known for taking set pieces??? Wouldn't have thought of him as a creative outlet...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good for 15 minutes, disappeared for the next 75, bottled taking a penalty.

Marvellous.

Didn't get a look in because the ball was hoofed straight down the middle more like. After their goal went in we lost all shape that we had and juat went to jelly. I challenge Kanchelskis to play well with that kind of play

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I didn think his final ball was good today, yes they beat he forst man but they were either too high or behind the forwards

He only looked a little uncomfortable when he was closing on the byline.
Against ManCity he did very well on that side, and gave them a lot to think about, but mostly further back to the front of midfield/level with their area.
It's obvious that he needs to put the ball on his right, and can't hoof with the left.

I wonder if Richards can overlap deeper, he'd cross better on that side. He'd need another player to back-up the defense though, while he's attacking.
A Graham LeSaux type role might work well with Richards, putting Cox inside the middle area where he can slide a pass through or have a shot sometimes.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You have to remember that he is being asked to play on the left. Steven Gerrard looks shit for England playing on the left, so why it would be any different for Dean Cox is beyond me. Why didn't Cox and Thornton switch more?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You have to remember that he is being asked to play on the left. Steven Gerrard looks shit for England playing on the left, so why it would be any different for Dean Cox is beyond me. Why didn't Cox and Thornton switch more?

I think Thornton wanted to. He was certainly playing a 'free' role.

It was a tactic and formation I couldn't really get my head round. There were quite a few times when Thornton and Cox were playing on the same wing, one downside of which left Whing hopelessly exposed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here