Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of Cox demise are greatly ecaggerated

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
DC has had a dip in form, it is to be expected from a young player. He has done it before and always returns with fire and enthusiasm.

that is why he needs to be dropped - everytime he has been he has come back and played 1o times better. unfortunately, wilkins hardly ever dropped him, and when he did, he was back in one game later

now that adams has shown him he is not a guaranteed pick, i am pretty confident we will get the cox that was eager to impress and make himself a first team player at the start of 2006-07, as opposed to the one that was coasting along for the majority of last season

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
DC has had a dip in form, it is to be expected from a young player. He has done it before and always returns with fire and enthusiasm.

I'm sure we all at work have off days, but that doesn't mean we are past it/never had it/ should be sacked.

EP
You are right.
The old saying... " a change is as good as a rest" might be true?
I think we should give the bloke a chance. For all of us, if we work, or are at home hit a period when things never go right.
Think of the wider issues. Say that with all the shh!t he is geting it makes him decide to quit football forever because his morale is at such a low point?
How would you feel then?

Yep, and instrumental against Man City (including an assist AGAIN), but the guy is a TALENTLESS FOOL AND WE SHOULD GET RID :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Together with our second goal at Northampton and Robinson's against Scunthorpe, still I guess some won't be happy unless he's gone.
Watching Coxy this season has reminded my of a TV interview with Rory Underwood (former England Rugby Union winger) some years ago. According to Underwood, England's pack were dominant (Bill Beaumont et al) when he played and the ball rarely made it out to the backs; when it did, the stand-off usually hoofed it up the field or if he did pass it, the centres were so amazed that they dropped it due to shock. Underwood's point was that he normally only received one decent pass per game (perhaps) and everyone then expected him to skip round three or four defenders and score.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Together with our second goal at Northampton and Robinson's against Scunthorpe, still I guess some won't be happy unless he's gone.
Watching Coxy this season has reminded my of a TV interview with Rory Underwood (former England Rugby Union winger) some years ago. According to Underwood, England's pack were dominant (Bill Beaumont et al) when he played and the ball rarely made it out to the backs; when it did, the stand-off usually hoofed it up the field or if he did pass it, the centres were so amazed that they dropped it due to shock. Underwood's point was that he normally only received one decent pass per game (perhaps) and everyone then expected him to skip round three or four defenders and score.

AADoo!
According to Underwood, England's pack were dominant (Bill Beaumont et al) when he played
Small point. But I think you will find that Beaumont and Underwood never played together competively.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Key thing is, he's playing out of position on the left. Anyone who's played football knows how hard it is to whip a ball in from the byline with your weaker foot. When Wilkins swutched him to the right/middle last season he was a revelation. Good player, get behind him.

Not so sure that is true as many on here have said this but he was switched to the right and produced very little, in my eyes. It is his ability to stop drag back onto his right foot and put in a cross that is not straight down the goalkeepers throat that has made him what he is, a good player. He is probably suffering a little lack of form at the mo but will return to the form that made 2 premiership clubs ask about him last season.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

AADoo!

the ball rarely made it out to the backs; when it did, the stand-off usually hoofed it up the field or if he did pass it,

The reason it was "hoofed" up the field was to bring the pack back into the game yet again. Because as you said yourself the England pack were dominant. So why noy try to maximise your teams advantage (the pack).
Admitedly not pretty rugby, but worked at the time.

AADoo!
The reason it was "hoofed" up the field was to bring the pack back into the game yet again. Because as you said yourself the England pack were dominant. So why noy try to maximise your teams advantage (the pack).
Admitedly not pretty rugby, but worked at the time.

Worked at the time for sure but screwed the development of English back play imo.
I guess a better analogy for the Albion then would be not having a dominant pack and still hoofing it?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Trouble is Cox gets it 15 times a game or more, fails to beat the man on the ground or fails to get the cross over the first defender or over cooks it 14 times and the other time he beats the man and then fails to get the cross over.

He's been shocking this season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would have thought at least one of them will not be here long after January.

Robinson must be questioning his future when an ILL Anyinsah is picked ahead of him on the bench.

Trouble is Cox gets it 15 times a game or more, fails to beat the man on the ground or fails to get the cross over the first defender or over cooks it 14 times and the other time he beats the man and then fails to get the cross over.

He's been shocking this season.

15+ opportunities a match, don't make me laugh. I doubt we've created that many for the entire team in most games - none that I've seen anyway.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I remember John Robinson getting the same type of abuse when he got into our 1st team and was partly the reason he went to Charlton and served them well for the best part of 10 years.
It really must encourage any youngsters coming through the youth system:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here