Brighton
Same reasons as Ferrari
Sky Sports breaking news

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It is all talk to try and force the hands of the FIA.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I rather hope the teams set up an alternative F1 and leave Ecclestone and Moseley out in the cold.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hurrah....the impending demise of the money circus/technical(non driving) skill/procession that F1 has become.

I'm afraid I now rate it as a "sport" alongside darts and ballroom dancing.

time to re-invent itself

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
hurrah....the impending demise of the money circus/technical(non driving) skill/procession that F1 has become.

time to re-invent itself

Im not seeing your point here, Are you saying its easy to drive an F1 Car?
Excuse me if im wrong by the way:shootself

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Renault were looking to bow out last year and were persuaded to stay in. I went to a Renault track day ( I have a Megane) and got talking to one of the team officials.

This was always going to happen.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

time to re-invent itself

Strange observation, Formula One is more competitive and enthralling so far this season that it's been for 20 years

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

time to re-invent itself

But there are serious moves to-revent the sport. The problem is that Renault and Ferrari do not want the sport to be reinvented. They would prefer a procession where their big budget guarunteed them a place near the front of the grid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Im not seeing your point here, Are you saying its easy to drive an F1 Car?
Excuse me if im wrong by the way:shootself

I think the point the right honourable gentleman was making was that success is primarily down to the machine, and not the bag of warm gristle behind the wheel guiding it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I rather hope the teams set up an alternative F1 and leave Ecclestone and Moseley out in the cold.

Show's you they have no real power if the teams don't want to comply with their dictatorship. It seems to me it's one of the richest sports in the world, run by two people on their whim at any given moment.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the point the right honourable gentleman was making was that success is primarily down to the machine, and not the bag of warm gristle behind the wheel guiding it.

Alonso/Piquet
Hamilton/Kovalainen

Same cars...massive gulf in performances..verdict? The above is bollocks, it's like saying the football boots make the difference between footballers

Strange observation, Formula One is more competitive and enthralling so far this season that it's been for 20 years

The fact that this is true in a season in which one driver has won 80% of the races, truly is a damning indictment of the 'sport'.

edit to add: in response to your questions about Alonso/Piquet and Hamilton/Kovalainen, I was having this discussion with my dad at the weekend. The difference is that while an average driver, in a good car, can win the world championship, a good driver, in an average car, cannot. THAT is an indication of the extent to which the machinery, rather than the drivers, dominate the sport.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
why hasnt this thread had the reaction of pure BILE that was thrown at ferrari for making a similar statement yesterday

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The fact that this is true in a season in which one driver has won 80% of the races, truly is a damning indictment of the 'sport'.

Won't be the case by seasons end, that is what is making it so enthralling. One team hit the ground running with a big advantage that is being whittled away whilst the big boys are at the back of the field. If Wolves end up being top of the table after 6 games next season and Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United struggle at the bottom, wouldn't you LOVE it? You'd know it wouldn't last but don't tell me you wouldn't find it more interesting?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
why hasnt this thread had the reaction of pure BILE that was thrown at ferrari for making a similar statement yesterday

Because Renault aren't always whinging and for years haven't had FIA (apparently) in their pocket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here