Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remove Leon Knight from the "Legends' Wall"?

Get rid of Leon Knight from outside the West Stand?

• Yes - get rid

Votes: 502 86.9%
  • No - leave him there

Votes: 76 13.1%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I voted no. Whatever Leon does now is of no relevance to his season with us when he scored 27 goals and got the penalty that took us up at that Glorious day in Cardiff. We should not take back awards and accolades years down the line.

why not? people call for it with bankers and the like. i sympathise with the sentiment, i wouldnt expect to see him airbrushed from history, removed from season videos etc. however to be on the "legends" wall is wrong, he just doesnt have the standing of other players there. and previously we the fans have called out there is a glaring ommission of OGH, truely worthy of legendary status.

put it this way who would you turn up to see at a "meet the legends" event. i dont think anyone would want to meet Knight. time to make the change.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I am having a very senior moment and its driving me mad!

FDM and OGH - who are they?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
why not? people call for it with bankers and the like. i sympathise with the sentiment, i wouldnt expect to see him airbrushed from history, removed from season videos etc. however to be on the "legends" wall is wrong, he just doesnt have the standing of other players there. and previously we the fans have called out there is a glaring ommission of OGH, truely worthy of legendary status.

put it this way who would you turn up to see at a "meet the legends" event. i dont think anyone would want to meet Knight. time to make the change.

I would rather have had Gary Hart in the place but I am not going to lose any sleep with Leon being on there.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
so if you get a pen that sends us up you can be a twunt for the rest of your life, and sadly whilst acting like a complete tosser still have you name linked to our club in such an honorable way.

What about if he didnt win the pen but still scored goals

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
God I am slow this morning!!!

How about Paul "The Tank" Clark or Chris Ramsey who was robbed of his career by that idiot Whiteside

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's not actually a legends wall is it? Thought it was to capture great moments from the past, I.e. Knight scoring the playoff final winning penalty which many would class as one of their favourite Albion moments

If that is the case, why is Adrian Thorne not there?
He scored 5 goals against Watford to win the clubs first ever promotion. Now, if that was not a great moment after half a century of trying, then I don't know what is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm interested in why 44 people see him as a legend, he scored 36 goals in 99 appearances and help get us promoted.

Kevin Bremner scored 41 in 138 and helped get us promoted.

:shrug:

harmsey

May 20, 2011
get rid! and don't follow on twitter if people do not listen he will (hopefully) go away, he has a book coming out and all the time he's getting publicity he is getting what he wants,

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
When we get promoted to the Premier League I strongly feel that the club should commemorate Mike Bamber as the man who proved it was possible for the club to aim for the stars and reach them. The day he signed Clough was the day he told the world BHAFC was going places. The rest, as they say, is history.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
From the link you supplied it appears you have locked it, so will respond here,
Re the "(Check his Twitter activity this evening for a somewhat seedy example)."
for those of us that don't use twitter, what has happened/what has he done?

From the other thread (which you may have seen by now):
Basically he has asked all his followers to send him pictures of girls who have posed in slutty photos which they have sent to their (in some cases ex) boyfriends. He is now spending the evening tweeting all the photos he has been sent to expose these 'sluts'
He set up a hashtag (#slagalertpictures) and an email address to go with it, and has been encouraging people to send compromising pictures of slags, so he can name and shame them so that men know not to 'wife them'. He's putting them online as from tonight.

Never mind the fact that most if not all of the 300-odd responses will have been pics that were sent to/taken by boyfriends who are now vengeful ex-boyfriends looking for revenge.

It's basically bullying/harrassment, and is like in a club when you see groups of guys swarming a round a girl on the dancefloor but multiplied.
Slag Alert: Its Judgement Day, Bitches | VICE

Leon's twitter account has now thankfully and inevitably been suspended. Also someone has tweeted "Just to keep you #sap supporters and poorly people updated [MENTION=14390]Leo[/MENTION]nKnight82 has been taken in tonight for malicious communications act 1988"

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon we should cut the bloody thing down; spread it out on the floor; invite Albion fans to put their message(s) to him all over it in permanent marker; & then send it off to the horrible wee shite. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here