Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remove Leon Knight from the "Legends' Wall"?

Get rid of Leon Knight from outside the West Stand?

• Yes - get rid

Votes: 502 86.9%
  • No - leave him there

Votes: 76 13.1%

• Total voters

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Why do people STILL see it as a "legends" wall? It has been repeatedly said it is a representation of "iconic moments" (ie that is the pose of Leon after scoring the playoff penalty, Gary Nelson after scoring against the Arsenal etc, Robbie after scoring at Hereford). I would be disappointed with OGH or FDM on there tbh - can't think of any iconic moments involving them, even though they were long standing, hard working, respected (unexceptional) players. If it was legends then surely Gary Stevens should be up there?

For the "iconic moment" then Leon has to stay imo. There is no convincing argument against it.

Besides, football is Panto - i loved him then and would probably boo him now, that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh yeah - & Replace it with OGH or The FDM. Or better still, both. :)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why do people STILL see it as a "legends" wall? It has been repeatedly said it is a representation of "iconic moments" (ie that is the pose of Leon after scoring the playoff penalty, Gary Nelson after scoring against the Arsenal etc, Robbie after scoring at Hereford). I would be disappointed with OGH or FDM on there tbh - can't think of any iconic moments involving them, even though they were long standing, hard working, respected (unexceptional) players. If it was legends then surely Gary Stevens should be up there?

For the "iconic moment" then Leon has to stay imo. There is no convincing argument against it.

Besides, football is Panto - i loved him then and would probably boo him now, that's the way it is.

I'm sorry, but that's crap. How is Kerry Mayo dribbling the ball an iconic moment? - It's a legends wall and Leon Knight does not deserve to be there because he's and absolute TARD.

I'm sorry, but that's crap. How is Kerry Mayo dribbling the ball an iconic moment? - It's a legends wall and Leon Knight does not deserve to be there because he's and absolute TARD.

No it isn't, it's supposed to be a wall of artwork celebrating some of our most memorable moments, and that penalty was one of them in my opinion.

Couldn't give a shit either way if he's on it or not though, I doubt anyone really looks at it now.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
From the other thread (which you may have seen by now):

Slag Alert: Its Judgement Day, Bitches | VICE

Leon's twitter account has now thankfully and inevitably been suspended. Also someone has tweeted "Just to keep you #sap supporters and poorly people updated [MENTION=14390]Leo[/MENTION]nKnight82 has been taken in tonight for malicious communications act 1988"

Why did he ever think it was a good idea, what did he expect to happen? I can imagine a load of travelling fans this season wandering past it and having a laugh that he is there. A bit embarrasing for the club.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I voted no. Whatever Leon does now is of no relevance to his season with us when he scored 27 goals and got the penalty that took us up at that Glorious day in Cardiff. We should not take back awards and accolades years down the line. I would have had Gary Hart in the first place but can see why Leon was chosen. Also can none of you lot see Leon is mentally a very unwell individual imo, probably always has been and as such trying to apply any logic to his actions is missing the point.

In which case why isn't Glenn Murray up there? He scored 22 goals and got us promoted to the championship.....? Is what Glenn did after leaving the albion of no relevance?

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
[MENTION=6116]Graham[/MENTION]_large: If the rumours about Leon Knight getting arrested are true, he should be ok, after all he normally gets released pretty quickly.

Haha

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Additionally, who was the leading scorer when we got promoted in 1972? Or was that Kit Napier (already there)?

League goals it was Willie Irvine and Kit (both scored 16), although Kit scored more cup goals.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Get rid - sure he got the goal in Cardiff - but hes a right prick now who just abuses people online. Sure being a vile troll on Twitter outweighs the Cardiff goal.

Replace him with FDM, maybe give Oatway one too as its his testimonial year and all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The more I think about this the more I think how ridiculous it is he was picked in the first place. Odious little runt. Had talent, didn't use it to the full.

Gary Hart had a little talent, and used every ounce of it and more. And served the club exactly the same as Kerry Mayo. One is there the other isn't. I can also see the case for FDM.

All far more deserving than Leon Knight.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Because, of course, Gary Stevens was never involved in an iconic moment. Oh, wait ...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why stop at Leon Knight? There are quite a few on that wall who, whilst being transiently popular, are in no way Brighton 'legends' - Paul Rogers for one.

I guess it's because they're more recent, but that Withdean generation is far too over-represented on that wall.

EDIT: And even if it is supposed to be 'iconic moments' (which it clearly isn't) there are STILL too many from the Withdean era.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why stop at Leon Knight? There are quite a few on that wall who, whilst being transiently popular are in no way Brighton 'legends' - Paul Rogers for one.

Has Paul Rogers also been arrested for being a snidey little prick then?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Whether we like it or him or not he did put us into the championships with his goal at Cardiff so I feel that we should leave hi where he is.

I tend to agree, otherwise we end up debate all sorts of known or unknown, off the field issues. He earned his place up tehre because he scored a lot of goals that season, and fittingly tuck home the only goal of the Play-off Final. The fact that he subsequently turns out to be a bit of twat, doesn't change what he did. As far as I know he hasn't committed a crime. We're not talking Lee Hughes here, or even Marlon King, Knights only failing is he is a dick. That is his crime, and it;s also his punishment.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Get rid and replace with Gary Hart. OGH may not have been the greatest player but his efforts during our darkest days and the journey from Gillingham to the AMEX deserve recognition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here