Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remove Leon Knight from the "Legends' Wall"?

Get rid of Leon Knight from outside the West Stand?

• Yes - get rid

Votes: 502 86.9%
  • No - leave him there

Votes: 76 13.1%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept that other players did their bit but he actually scored the goal that put us in The Championship in the same way that Bobby Stokes scored the goal that won Southampton the FA Cup so gets all the plaudits for doing that, and as such is the most remembered of that team

Lush

Mods' Pet
OK - so should we analyse what EVERY Albion legend has done with their lives since leaving BHAFC?

Or should we recognise what they did while playing for us and leave it at that?

IMHO it's only because Leon Knight is being a twat in the public domain on Twitter that everyone is getting excited. What do you know about every other player on the Legends Wall?

•yokelswithpitchforksandtorchessmiley*

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I actually was against removing him as he was a legend that one season but tbh he doesn't deserve that place on the wall. It does look bad as he ain't a team player and said some nasty things about BHA. Constantly controversial would never be a role figure.

Better options out there. Let's face it that wall is going to change going forward lets start changing now.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], wasn't it you that found a quote from the club saying it WASN'T a legends wall and was iconic people AND moments from our history?

Undecided if it should be removed or not, but think it's important to establish if it is or isn't actually the club's idea of solely having 'legends', but showing great moments too, and that goal and celebration certainly was one of the great moments in my Albion watching life

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Seems #getleonknightoffthelegendswall is kicking off on twitter, keep tweeting people!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
OK - so should we analyse what EVERY Albion legend has done with their lives since leaving BHAFC?

Or should we recognise what they did while playing for us and leave it at that?

IMHO it's only because Leon Knight is being a twat in the public domain on Twitter that everyone is getting excited. What do you know about every other player on the Legends Wall?

Good post and that matches my thoughts, yes he's a twat now, but at the time he was fantastic and that goal sparked some amazing scenes

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get rid! Got to agree with others, either OGH or FDM for me too! [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] perhaps next do a poll for who people would like to see up there instead?

Good Idea. If one is done, can we add another stalwart, Peter O'Sullivan to the list.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
It's not actually a legends wall is it? Thought it was to capture great moments from the past, I.e. Knight scoring the playoff final winning penalty which many would class as one of their favourite Albion moments

Exactly, the wall is not about being a 'jolly good chap'
It is all about footballing ability whilst with us and nothing to do with his stability after leaving us

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], wasn't it you that found a quote from the club saying it WASN'T a legends wall and was iconic people AND moments from our history?

Undecided if it should be removed or not, but think it's important to establish if it is or isn't actually the club's idea of solely having 'legends', but showing great moments too, and that goal and celebration certainly was one of the great moments in my Albion watching life

Indeed, which is why I worded it the way I did on my Ask The Club post.

Leon Knight - enough is enough

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
RID!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
He's a pillock, but he's not associated with the club any more. He was a good player with Brighton, if people want someone else on the Walk of Fame, why not include them as well. It's just a lot of unnecessary fuss over a social medium that not everyone is interested in. His stupid behaviour and comments - inappropriate as they may be - should not reflect on his prolific ability as an Albion player. Just ignore and leave be imo.

You have people here saying they will gladly cheer Dean Hammond when he plays for us, even though he was a bit of a twerp in a Saints shirt, and it's a similar sort of thing here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here