Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Removal of all videos from Albion Archives

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Is it not about time that Van Der Hire was taken to one side at a match for an explanation? He is a consistent cock, and has been since he got here. He was a prize rooster on other sites as well (he came on here moaning about being thrown off of other sites). This site logs IP addresses. Block his IP address and go back to his ISP - there must be something on here that breaches his ToS.

17 years old - he'll be lucky to make 18.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
HampshireSeagulls said:
Is it not about time that Van Der Hire was taken to one side at a match for an explanation?

17 years old - he'll be lucky to make 18.

Aren't you the big man.

TGC, I've often looked at your videos and have been quite impressed and grateful as I don't get to many games any more. However I don't see the need to post 1066's real name. It's only a forum and people take this place far too seriously.

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
TGC - I'm sure everyone agrees that you provide a valuable service to Albion fans. Is there no way you can block AVDM's ISP from accessing Albion Archives?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Timbo said:
Aren't you the big man.

TGC, I've often looked at your videos and have been quite impressed and grateful as I don't get to many games any more. However I don't see the need to post 1066's real name. It's only a forum and people take this place far too seriously.

Cock. He posted his own name, own mobile phone number and own email address. Van Der Graaf has a history of being a cock and believing he doesn't have to abide by any social or legal etiquette. He happily posts stuff that he doesn't own the copyright for, uses pictures in his "graffix" that he doesn't own the copyright for, and has been banned from other sites for the same sort of thing. Whilst I am "the big man", I was not advocating him getting a slapping, but getting a word of advice (which is what I said, cocksucker, before you tried to read your own meanings into it).

Not good at this interweb stuff, are you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This a great shame what ever 1066 did with it is no more illegal than TGC however he should have respected his wishes.

Personally the board will be better off without him IMHO.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Very sorry to see the back of Albion Archives' video footage.

Many thanks for your hard work TGC

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Timbo:

You are right, people DO take this forum too seriously at times but there's nothing you or anyone else can do about that. Just accept it.

As HS says, Mr Van der Meyde has posted his personal details in many and varied forms since he joined NSC and, apart from his mobile number :eek: :eek: :eek: he has not told us anything new today.

As for the 'quiet word in your ear son' suggestion, many of us have tried this without ANY success - after a while you get a bit fed up with giving him friendly advice and move quickly into 'Just f*** off you little prick' mode.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's got f***-all to do with the 'letter of the law'. It's all about one bloke spending a huge amount of time assembling a load of stuff that has brought us all a lot of enjoyment. He is fully aware of the issues surrounding the use of the material and it was always put up on the understanding that everyone would be sensible about using it. I don't suppose anyone thought too hard about copyright issues when we downloaded a clip of John Byrne or Bobby Zamora. It was great resource that, up until recently, was used in the right SPIRIT by all concerned.

Until that is, 1066 entered stage right and upset the applecart in a spectacular and frankly arrogant way. What he did was not technically wrong but completely went against the SPIRIT of the site. He was asked a number of times to be sensible about things but just blundered on, completely oblivious to the wishes of TGC.

In my opinion, he has deserved ALL the flak that has been thrown at him today. His naivety/arrogance (the choice of words is yours) has led to this. He's had it coming and doesn't deserve an OUNCE of sympathy.

Sorry for banging on - TGC is quite capable of fighting his own battles - but some of the material on Albion Archioves was supplied by me so I feel I can justifiably comment!

That is all

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
1066, If you are reading this as a guest I hope you have finally got it through your thick skull that you do not f*** about with peoples wishes. TGC has provided a great service to Albion fans and you have been solely responsible for ruining it. Sure, there are posters on here that come across as twats as I am sure I do to some people but not one of them (well since thewhiterose) has infuriated so many people with no awareness of what you are actually doing. If you are a true Albion fan you will f*** off and leave this board alone until you have grown up enough to have learnt some respect for peoples wishes.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
B.M.F said:
1066, If you are reading this as a guest I hope you have finally got it through your thick skull that you do not f*** about with peoples wishes. TGC has provided a great service to Albion fans and you have been solely responsible for ruining it. Sure, there are posters on here that come across as twats as I am sure I do to some people but not one of them (well since thewhiterose) has infuriated so many people with no awareness of what you are actually doing. If you are a true Albion fan you will f*** off and leave this board alone until you have grown up enough to have learnt some respect for peoples wishes.

um End of Rant?:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dcseagull said:
TGC - I'm sure everyone agrees that you provide a valuable service to Albion fans. Is there no way you can block AVDM's ISP from accessing Albion Archives?
AVDM has apologised and promised not to do it again - I may investigate having a members only site but that was a bit ropey last time I tried it. I don't want it "cliquey" but I can't leave it fully open as it is.

I will have a look at the settings when I get chance to see if there is anyway of having one last try. But my big concern is that as we have people who revel in pretending to be racist or making false accusations to make snide points, there will be one person who wants to make a "name" for themselves with a ready made way of creating an impact and the whole thing will kick off again. The only way I can see of getting it to work is to get people to PM me for a login account which would be an admin nightmare.

Another option is to leave only the archive stuff and leave the modern stuff off. But that would impact the overseas users who want to see the goals early (And 2 out of 3 of the clips used were older than 3 or 4 years).

As I said, I will have a few days to look at the situation and see if it can be tightened up enough for me to bring something back. But I fear it would just be for a few days until someone else decides to be clever.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's a sad day for Albion fans. :down:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
The Great Cornholio said:
AVDM has apologised and promised not to do it again - I may investigate having a members only site but that was a bit ropey last time I tried it. I don't want it "cliquey" but I can't leave it fully open as it is.

I will have a look at the settings when I get chance to see if there is anyway of having one last try. But my big concern is that as we have people who revel in pretending to be racist or making false accusations to make snide points, there will be one person who wants to make a "name" for themselves with a ready made way of creating an impact and the whole thing will kick off again. The only way I can see of getting it to work is to get people to PM me for a login account which would be an admin nightmare.

Another option is to leave only the archive stuff and leave the modern stuff off. But that would impact the overseas users who want to see the goals early (And 2 out of 3 of the clips used were older than 3 or 4 years).

As I said, I will have a few days to look at the situation and see if it can be tightened up enough for me to bring something back. But I fear it would just be for a few days until someone else decides to be clever.

Appreciate it mate! Being overseas it's a godsend!

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
I must apologise if my video has taken any part in this as i didn't know about the situation, the video i made was only supposed to go onto google for a short period of time to show one or two mates then to take off. It is now being taken off of youtube.com which i used second time.

Once again apologies for any part that i may have made.

Thanks TGC for the service you have provided me.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here