Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Removal of all videos from Albion Archives

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Edward Scissorhands said:
He posted it himself.

Stupid boy. (Him, not you. Although you may be stupid. I don't know. But I'm not calling you stupid.)

You may have called me stupid but that post was so convoluted I'm not sure. Does that make me stupid?

E

enigma

kkkrust said:
And we live in a democracy. Slate me all for not giving a say. Well done. You adults need to gang up on a 17 year old to make yourself look good.:rolleyes:

I

Quit the self-pitying bollocks you little twat. You completely ignored TGC's wishes, and are to date the only person to have done that. Why cant you see that you div.

Some of the stuff on here about your weight etc is well out of order but you bring a lot of grief on yourself as you behave like a f***ing WASTEMAN. Fix up...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That's a shame, TGC's site has been a quality resource over the last year or two.

It's just a shame that this situation could have been avoided with a little common sense - although that thread clearly shows 1066 has none:nono:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Don't be such a drama queen. All 1066 is doing is what you are doing. You are both hosting copyrighted material. If it was anymore else no one would have said anything. It's just as easy for 1066 to take the stuff down if anyone comes knocking on the door.

Personally, I am quite happy with your decision to take the stuff down - as I think it DOES affect the revenue of the club. I know a lot of people who have SW simply for the goals, and if you are hosting them - then a lot of the 2000+ people who are currently subscribed will feel that there is no point in re-registering.

At the end of the day you are both in the wrong, you are just ennoyed that someone else is doing what you are known for.

I think that all videos should be taken down and stay down, including 1066's. But why do you have a problem with him doing exactly the same thing that you are doing? As I said, 1066 can always take the stuff down if needs be, so don't give that argument.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
seagulls4ever said:
Don't be such a drama queen. All 1066 is doing is what you are doing. You are both hosting copyrighted material. If it was anymore else no one would have said anything. It's just as easy for 1066 to take the stuff down if anyone comes knocking on the door.

Personally, I am quite happy with your decision to take the stuff down - as I think it DOES affect the revenue of the club. I know a lot of people who have SW simply for the goals, and if you are hosting them - then a lot of the 2000+ people who are currently subscribed will feel that there is no point in re-registering.

At the end of the day you are both in the wrong, you are just ennoyed that someone else is doing what you are known for.

I think that all videos should be taken down and stay down, including 1066's. But why do you have a problem with him doing exactly the same thing that you are doing? As I said, 1066 can always take the stuff down if needs be, so don't give that argument.

It's not the Seagulls World stuff I'm worried about, it's all the other classic stuff that we've never seen before. Yes, it's wrong to nick it, but let's just leave it on one place, not propagate it all over the net.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Also, Google is one of the biggest, if not the biggest websites in the world.

AA must reach no more than a few hundred people

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
seagulls4ever said:

The difference is though TGC is not hosting SW content 1066 is.

People can find the goals online fairly easily nowadays on the ITV website anyway and how many of those 2000+ people are aware of AA, very few I expect.

I gave up with SW after the fans forum fiasco, nothing to do with seeing the goals

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
well I jotted his number down before it was edited...did you?

Actually I didn't really!Just makes me chuckle when people get so irate they do things that 5 mins later they regret!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Eggmundo said:
well I jotted his number down before it was edited...did you?

Actually I didn't really!Just makes me chuckle when people get so irate they do things that 5 mins later they regret!

Actually if you look carefully the mods have missed one :lolol:

the best bit is if they edit after somebody has quoted, I was too late on Monday when the Palace fan posted the league table, but go the wrong picture and had Palace in the bottom three, I wasnt quite quick enough to quote him beofre he changed it

Last edited:

Blimey - I come back from work and find WW3 has started.

Where to start? I am not going to get into a debate about the rights and wrongs of copyright. Hiney summed it up perfectly on the first page. I kept control should it need removing and avoided using stuff that would cost the club revenue.

Which leads me onto Seagulls4ever. Firstly - apart from 2 occasions, I have never used anything from Seagulls World - as pointed out, all the goals are available on the ITV local website a couple of days after the game. (For reference, the two times SW footage was hosted was CKR scoring for Bury just after we signed him and the use of the Palace footage in a montage produced by someone else) And the clips were always taken from a freely available TV source - you may have a point when it comes to using Sky Sports footage as that is a pay service but most is ITV or BBC which was free to air. Secondly, AVDM has shown that he will not take down footage when asked so I don't have control if sent a cease and desist.

Finally, in resposne to AVDM's amazing outburst, let's go line by line.

It is only ONE video online. ONE video on Google. ONE.

I make it 3 - Bobby v Halifax, CKR v Sheff Wed and George Parris - the latter two made worse because you have merged them with SW content.

Don't be so moronic and dare to say I am selfish. I hosted that Bobby Zamora goal because there are many Zamora fans who are not Brighton fans and there are many Zamora fans who are Brighton fans and don't know about AA. I thought you would be pleased that other people could appreicate you work, as I said before I even linked it back to your site.

What a total load of bullshit. Not only did you PM me before this all went public and I told you categorically told you that I did not want any footage on Google Video, we had this exchange just a few days ago :-

AVDM - Can you put my Leon Knight ode on which is completely my work or do you hate me that much?

TGC - I am happy to put whatever you want on my site - I have been over this with you many times. You can use my footage as much as you want as long as the end product is on my site - therefore under my control and removable is required. If, as your post on the original thread seems to suggest, you are going to once again post my footage - in whatever format - on Google Video, then I will be forced to take down Albion Archives permanently.

I will not continue providing any videos if they are going to be hosted elsewhere out of my control. Ultimately, it is me that has infringed copyright by hosting and creating these clips and I am only willing to do so if I am able to remove them all should I be required to.

So please don't play the innocent.

If you dare say I am selfish than f*** off and press charges because I have nothing to hide because all I do is try and let content be appreciated by everyone.

Once again, you miss the point completely. As to your being selfish, I'll let NSC decide. You have an amazing ego and think you know better than anyone else - hence your comments to Insider and me about web design.

You are all fellow Albion fans, many of you are good friends as well and I would never double cross you but if you even try to let that cross your mind that you need to go and get your frigging nutcase checked out.

All your doing is trying to turn this in to a one v all losing battle because you suggesting the people with little or no computer knowledge know you are right. Email me at heresmyemailspammers@goonl.com and phone me 112224448 where we could raise the matter PERSONALLY if required because this is a matter between me and TGC ONLY.

You are local and this can easily be addressed and sorted out.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say and how you think this can be "sorted out". I have been trying to think of a way to restore the footage in a controlled way but can't think of anything that will work. All it will take is someone wanting to be the next Watford O or Oceanic to post a clip somewhere else, knowing I will be forced to take it down again.

Finally, thanks to everyone for their kind words. Despite what some people may think, it was only ever a technical challenge and a desire to preserve old footage that would otherwise be lost that was my motive. I find the idea that I run some kind of video clip Mafia hilarious - AVDM didn't show me any respect. Believe them or not, the reasons I have given many times are my true reasons. Digital copyright is becoming a very hot topic and I'm not prepared to bear the increased risk.

All a storm in a teacup as it is only a website after all. And although I didn't want to be the one seen to get shit for brains banned, I certainly won't miss him and I doubt many others will too.

gazwag said:
Actually if you look carefully the mods have missed one :lolol:

the best bit is if they edit after somebody has quoted, I was too late on Monday when the Palace fan posted the league table, but go the wrong picture and had Palace in the bottom three, I wasnt quite quick enough to quote him beofre he changed it

Somebody kindly PM'd them to many anyway! :lol:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
ADVM = Disgrace :( :( :( :( :(

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Not since the days of 'Fanzinegate' have we seen someone so unwilling to take advice on NSC. Shame as I have many a clip from TGC website sat on my PC for perusal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here