Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Removal of all videos from Albion Archives

Unfortunately, what I feared has happened. Despite repeated warnings, Adrie van der Meer has chosen to post videos using my footage on Google Video. As I no longer have control over this footage, I am reluctantly forced to remove the downloads section of Albion Archives for good. I am not prepared to take any more copyright risks when the footage is in the hands of an idiot. I would also imagine the club would be interested in the use of Seagulls Word footage as well.

Hopefully, everyone will have saved what they are most interested in. If not, you know who to blame. With ITV Local starting to show goal clips, hopefully our overseas users won't have too long to wait for goals.

Please be aware - this is by no means a flounce. The Images Database and Results Database will remain. I have gone into lengthy reasons as to why I would take down footage on recent threads. A brief summary - I was willing to take the risks of hosting copyrighted video clips provided I was in full control and could take them down if required. Enough people from the club post on this site to have shut me down if they saw Albion Archives as a threat to revenue. I would imagine their stance will now change as my footage is being interspersed with footage ripped from their own paysite.

Some people will agree with my stance - others will disagree. I'm not going to get into a debate about whether my views are hypocritical or not - to me, they are about self preservation. I don't want to take any more risks than necessary.

The sad part is, 1066 has what he wants - being the sole poster of such stuff. I hope he will go the extra mile to provide all the footage you require.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It is a flounce, as you say it is copyrighted material, it's not yours, but if you choose to make it available why can't others, you're just stifling the supply of albion material because someone has stepped on your toes.

Put it back up.

dwayne said:
It is a flounce, as you say it is copyrighted material, it's not yours, but if you choose to make it available why can't others, you're just stifling the supply of albion material because someone has stepped on your toes.

Put it back up.

If you can't be bothered to read my explainations or believe them - that is up to you.

E

enigma

Oh, and TGC you are still a LEGEND. Thanks for all your efforts, its a shame it has come to this. :down: :clap:

enigma said:
Oh, and TGC you are still a LEGEND. Thanks for all your efforts, its a shame it has come to this. :down: :clap:

I appreciate the sentiments but don't want a rash of these. I didn't start this as a popularity contest or a "I'll put them back up if I receive X adulation" thread. I am sad rather than angry - especially as I went out of my way not to use anything that could cost the club revenue - ie Seagulls World footage.

E

enigma

The Great Cornholio said:
I appreciate the sentiments but don't want a rash of these. I didn't start this as a popularity contest or a "I'll put them back up if I receive X adulation" thread. I am sad rather than angry - especially as I went out of my way not to use anything that could cost the club revenue - ie Seagulls World footage.

I know, I appreciate that. I was just saying thanks for helping to raise money for the club anyway.

I think its a disgrace its come to this, particularly when you have warned the kid .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
this is f * king sh * t , am I right in thinking you also gave money to the club on the back of this.

:nono:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's really very shit. That was a great site and a brilliant way to keep up with the games for those of us who live overseas. Gutted that the video's will no longer be up, but thanks for doing them in the first place.

As for 1066, when I come back to England I'm going to chop his bollocks off and feed them to him coupled with a freshly prepared(by me...) fugu. The C.U.N.T.

Dougal said:
this is f * king sh * t , am I right in thinking you also gave money to the club on the back of this.

:nono:

Just to clarify - no money was raised from the site. All the money was raised from DVD sales. If I get any more saleable footage then I will consider doing another DVD although there probably isn't much left that wouldn't step on the toes of the club. If someone rips stuff off of one of my DVD's, that is down to them and their copyright infringement.

My concern is that I am known as the NSC video clip man and any video clips outside of my site will be associated with me anyway. Not only do I not have the ability to remove these files if required but I am also being associated with the ripping of Seagulls World footage. Maybe not a big difference in some peoples eyes but it is in mine - Seagulls World footage raises money for the club (albeit not much I expect) and I want no assocation with it. Maybe it is hypocritical. I neither know nor care.

Anyway - now I really MUST go to work! :blush:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I still don't get it?

1066 has just taken material that was taken by someone else that didn't own it? seems fair game to me.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
dwayne said:
I still don't get it?

1066 has just taken material that was taken by someone else that didn't own it? seems fair game to me.

You are right mate, but at the end of the day, it's one of those 'spirit of the law' v 'the letter of the law' things'.

TGC has set himself up as a repository/focal point for video footage and has worked his BOLLOCKS off to keep some sort of order to the proceedings. Everyone knows the issue at stake and to be fair to TGC, he hasn't tried to hide.

1066 however, has repeatedly ignored the warnings/advice given to him about this stuff and has continued to ignore the 'spirit' of what TGC is trying to do.

So you are right in what you say but we will all suffer now as a result of the refusal by 1066 to be sensible about things.

E

enigma

Hiney said:
You are right mate, but at the end of the day, it's one of those 'spirit of the law' v 'the letter of the law' things'.

TGC has set himself up as a repository/focal point for video footage and has worked his BOLLOCKS off to keep some sort of order to the proceedings. Everyone knows the issue at stake and to be fair to TGC, he hasn't tried to hide.

1066 however, has repeatedly ignored the warnings/advice given to him about this stuff and has continued to ignore the 'spirit' of what TGC is trying to do.

So you are right in what you say but we will all suffer now as a result of the refusal by 1066 to be sensible about things.

:clap:

dwayne said:
I still don't get it?

It's about risk management, dumbass - the ability to respond quickly to sort out the situation if copyright legal theats to raise their ugly head.
I'm not one to have a go at 1066 but I find it very sad that he has just ignored polite requests to desist.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:

Put it back up.

If you feel so strongly why don't you 'put it back up ?'

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bew4194 said:
Surely he must have realised what he was doing?

He is a total fuckwit. Knew exactly what he was doing but chose to spoil things for all Albion fans by ignoring a reasonable request. Add to that all of the pollution he inflicts on us here every few minutes......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hiney said:

fair enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here