Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remixes that are better than the originals...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Do people seriously think that
Call On Me is better than Valerie by Winwood? And the Say Say Say remix is better than the Mac & Jack original?

Good God what is the world coming to?

Holmez

Jan 24, 2006
Hove
Fugees, agreed!

Agree big time with The Fugees and Killing Me Softly!

What about Spirit In The Sky by Doctor And The Medics? Reckon that was better than the first one. Was it some geezer called Norman who did the original? Dunno!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Think some of us are getting confused between cover versions and remixes here.

As a kid I remember a cracking 9 minute remix of Two Tribes.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Jam The Man said:
Call On Me is better than Valerie by Winwood? And the Say Say Say remix is better than the Mac & Jack original?

Good God what is the world coming to?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although will say thought G'N'Rs version of Knockin' on Heavens Door was better than Dylans. Also Hendix's All Along The Watchtower was a lot better than Dylans.

sargi1

Mar 24, 2005
BUTTERBALL said:
Thunder in your heart remix is a great version of an uncool Leo Sayer song and will be no 1 this week

Say Say Say by HiTrak is a fantastic mix and much better than the lame McCarney and Jackson original

i love that song by Hi tack

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Eric Potts said:
Originally posted by Jam The Man
Call On Me is better than Valerie by Winwood

The video is much better:p

Now THAT i'm not arguing!!! :love:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
remixes are commisioned you fools, so eric prydz is just a cover as are most of the suggestions on here, plonkers.

armand van helden remix of tori amos professional widow got to number one and is a classic...

nellee hooper mix of sneaker pimps 6 undeground...

the fluke and heller & farley (i think) remixes of bjork big time sensuality...

MAW remix of jamiroquai space cowboy? not as good as original but decent record.

AN INTERESTING ONE IS...

scissor sisters comfortably numb because the record that essentially made them big was a remix by a production team called 'a touch of class' or 'ATOC'... thus comfortably numb sounding different from the rest of their over rated album. keen collectors out there will notice that on the Hotel Pelirocco Compilation (Distinctive 2003) 12" samplers (where the said record was made available first) had the same record but accreditted ATOC as remixers.

Hardfloor remix of mory kante yeke yeke...

there's too many...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Eric Prydz is a remake more than a cover, because Winwood actually re-recorded the vocals for him.

However, a 'remix' is just something that works with the original material, it does not have to be commissioned by the artist or label.

At what point does a sample become a remix *confused*

Agree with Loaded as having set the standard.

Cloudbusting by Kate Bush and Something Good by the Utah Saints, like 'em both equally.

One of favourite dance tracks of recent years was Goldtrix's remix of Toni Braxton's Hit the Freeway, the original was a plodding bit of RnB but Braxton's vocals really came alive over a dance groove.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Must admit I'm quite taken by Belinda Carlisle vs The Beatles, 'Daytrip To Heaven'...

Listened again last night to the dull old 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth', and it just doesn't sound anywhere near as great as when it has that Beatle riff driving behind the vocal...

:bowdown: :lol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
BUTTERBALL said:
Audio Bullys Shot You Down, great mix of an old Nancy Sinatra song (and much better)

Sorry, would have that listed among the worst ever remixes - an embarrassing travesty of an unnecessary, ill-judged tinkering.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
someone has said Space Cowboy, the David Morales mix is better than the original, Dubfire Needs to Score / Deep Dish remix of Delacy - Hideaway, Armands Dark Garage Mix of Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar is defo one for the sub too !

Royksopp - What Else Is There (Thin White Duke Remix) is also ALOT better than the original imo!

no double ill think of more at some point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here