Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remixes that are better than the originals...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)

?

which part of that is a remix???

If we are talking better VERSIONS then I'd suggest All Along The Watchtower by Hendrix rather than Dylan as being the Daddy of better versions :smokin:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There is also a jungle remix of Heads High by Mr Vegas that was floating around on dubplates a few years ago but I can't track the fucker down.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Not as such a remix but a quality mash-up is 'Flashing for Money' by Deep Dish.

Money For Nothing by Dire Straits mixed with Flashdance by Deep Dish, not actually better than either song but still like it a lot! :clap: :clap: :clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Bluejuice said:
Azzido Da Bass - Dooms Night (Timo Mass remix) or Stanton Warriors Mix

Monster of a tune.

To be honest most electronica gets remixed and reworked all the time and very often comes out better than the original. Particularly with house, breaks and D'n'B.

Absolutely :clap2: :clap:

The Apollo 440 remix of Puretone's "Addicted To Bass" is much better than the original.

As is the Armand Van Helden remix of Tori Amos' "Professional Widow"

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
There is also a jungle remix of Heads High by Mr Vegas that was floating around on dubplates a few years ago but I can't track the fucker down.

There are a fair few decent jungle remixes of reggae / ragga stuff, about, not seen that one for yonks either.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Woody the Seagull said:
theres a special remixed version of the album: "the holy bible" by the manic street preachers in the 10th anniversary edition of the original. i think that is very good, possibly on a par with the original

That's the Canadian mix. It's been available in Canada since 1995, and over here on bootlegs. All they did was make the drums a bit heavier and stick a couple of synth wibbles on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here