Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remixes that are better than the originals...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
house your seagull said:

armand van helden remix of tori amos professional widow got to number one and is a classic...

nellee hooper mix of sneaker pimps 6 undeground...

the fluke and heller & farley (i think) remixes of bjork big time sensuality...

Bang on on all counts, this man knows what he's talking about.

Springal said:
Deep Dish remix of Delacy - Hideaway, Armands Dark Garage Mix of Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar is defo one for the sub too !

Also solid suggestions but I'd like to think the 187 Lockdown mix of Hideaway is the best.

And whilst Armand's getting a mention what about his speed garage mix of CJ Bolland's Sugar is Sweeter? Proper classic tune that one, and whilst the original's not bad, his rework makes a completely different tune, and a belter at that

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Ooooh oo just thought. Anyone ever heard the Nightmares on Wax "remix" of Easy Thing to do by... Shirley Bassey no less!!

Well it's f***ing marvellous.

AND I'd also like to add a couple of the great Royksopp's tracks in the form of Poor Leno (Silicone Soul's Hypno House Dub) which is just so much better than the original it hurts AND Remind Me (Ernest Saint Laurent's Rabbit in the Moon Mix) which is so blissful you could slip into a coma just listening to it. Proper wonderous

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cindy Lauper's version of Drove All Night is so much better than the Big O version.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It? (Boilerhouse remix)
Public Enemy - Shut 'Em Down (Pete Rock remix)
De La Soul - Say No Go (Say No Dope Mix)
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (Soulwax Edit)
Beastie Boys - Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Mix)
SWV - Right Here (Human Nature Mix)
Tina Moore - Never Gonna Let You Go (Kelly G Mix)
Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Andy Wetherhall Mix Of Two Halves)
Robin S - Show Me Love (Stonebridge Club Mix)
Kym Sims - Too Blind To See It (Steve Silk Hurley Mix)
Nightcrawlers - Push The Feeling On (MK Dub Of Doom Mix)
Scott Grooves - Mothership Reconnection (Daft Punk Mix)
Daft Punk - Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger (Neptunes Mix)
Blaze - Most Precious Love (Dennis Ferrer Mix)
Lisa Stansfield - Set Your Lovin Free (KenLou Mix)
Nu-Yorican Soul - It's Alright, I Feel It (Mood II Swing Mix)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Billy the Fish said:
Well you can f*** off back to your pikey D&B bullshit then

Ooh i'm being insulted by a man who can only listen to music with a four-to-the floor beat, that hurts.
Sadly as i've not been in the Event or Creation for ten years i'll never be able to discuss it with you man o' man.

Chappers, i did mean the Smoke mix, doh

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He sounds like the sort of person who thinks the only reason for not wearing a YSL shirt with Adidas Popper trackie bottoms is that you couldn't afford them

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
AND I'd also like to add a couple of the great Royksopp's tracks in the form of Poor Leno (Silicone Soul's Hypno House Dub) which is just so much better than the original it hurts AND Remind Me (Ernest Saint Laurent's Rabbit in the Moon Mix) which is so blissful you could slip into a coma just listening to it. Proper wonderous [/B][/QUOTE]

I LOVE THOSE REMIXES! in fact i can't think of a really bad royksopp remix, although i think that the stuart price remix of 'what else is there?' is good and i think the man is a god but not as good as original album version...

WHICH BRINGS ME ONTO...

the vocalist on 'what else is there?' is from a swedish band called the knife who wrote electro-pop underground hit 'hearbeats' last year realeased on rabid records and then covered by (i think this is true) jose gonzalez of sony advert fame and million selling album...

it's a swedish connection i presume seeing as they are both from sweden...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here