Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF binfest 2011 - The Idiots Strike Back

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
While making sure it's a COMPETITIVE game of football, if one team got thrashed by the other 10-0 every year the whole thing would fold.

I happen to agree with that, the 14 highest bidders could just turn out to be utter gash and go for Bon Accords record 36-0 defeat.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I happen to agree with that, the 14 highest bidders could just turn out to be utter gash and go for Bon Accords record 36-0 defeat.

Feel free to edit my original post if it is misleading. I only copied and pasted what I was told to post, I presumed the details of the match had already been posted.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Always wanted to play in this but stay well clear now.

Won't stop me donating and getting hopefully getting Foleys pub/restaurant in NYC involved.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It is a shame it's come to this IMO - but some shit last yr that got spouted around was unacceptable and took the gloss of the whole thing for some players who have played for 7 or 8 years running. Still, this has now been decided so we may as well get on with it - I know a lot of lads last year presumed it may be the end for them and some players have been priced out. Just a shame we couldn't have physically collected everyone's 2 pence they threw in on the REMF's thread last year as we may have raised a few grand more :lol:

Good luck to everyone in raising as much money as possible for a great charity.

Last edited:

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Wow this thread was a bit of a shock. Not sure i agree with how it has gone but can confirm we will have the same squad as what won it last year. How can you tell 15-16 guys that thanks for winning it finally after losing on pens for 5 or 6 years that sorry your not required this year. Be a shame also that your regulars may not get to play. I can't see people coming back next year for this the way its going and maybe remf 10 will be the last.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It doesn't matter how good you are. REMF is open to anyone this year. :thumbsup:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
It doesn't matter how good you are. REMF is open to anyone this year. :thumbsup:

Ar you not slightly worried, though, that it's going to be a complete mismatch (particularly if Palace are going to put out the same side as last year), and that this might be to the detriment of future REMF events?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Ar you not slightly worried, though, that it's going to be a complete mismatch (particularly if Palace are going to put out the same side as last year), and that this might be to the detriment of future REMF events?

No. Some of the best REMF matches were REMF 2 (5-1 to Palace)and 3 (6-1 to Brighton).

A high scoring game could well be more entertaining to watch than some of the boring draws recently.

We may find that the standard of the winning bidders is higher than usual. You'll have to turn up on the night to find out. :)

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
Personally, I'd like to see a game between the best that Brighton and Palace fans can offer AND a match where fans of any ability can bid to purchase a place in the squad.

As far as one-sided games being entertaining...

Barcelona beating Madrid 5-0 back in November was entertaining, as both teams have players that are in theory evenly matched.

The prospect of a half decent Palace fans team vs *potentially* a bunch of financial types with deep pockets that fancy 'the experience' but aren't very good at football, representing the Albion would not appeal and it *could* screw up REMF for the future.

Just my two cents.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i'll bid...but i wanna be a NON playing substitute, who doesnt have to get changed...AND can sit in the dug out with loads of BEER :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here