Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Yes - Religion is an easy excuse for violence

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Abstaining - It's not for ME to say

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Can anyone let me know who would win out of all the sides if we had an FA Cup of religion and what teams would be in the premier league so to speak ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
All I know is that you don't need tickets to get in any churches around Brighton but it is still agro getting one for Withdean.
Anyone got a season ticket for a church? which lot have most supporters ?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Juan Albion said:
I wish that were true...

yeah, i wish it was true as well.
we might actually fill the ground then.
I buy my ticket each week and NEVER have any problem, i just stroll down to the ticket office and buy one.
Have even done it either the day before or two days before a game and still had NO problem what so ever.

However, I went to CCK (the big church in the clarendon centre) once and you had to get there quite early to get a seat!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
the full harris said:

However, I went to CCK (the big church in the clarendon centre) once and you had to get there quite early to get a seat!

Who was the star attraction anyone decent turning up ?
We sell out if it is a big game.If it was just a run of the mill service I bet they would have had loads of seats available.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
oapdodge said:
We sell out if it is a big game.If it was just a run of the mill service I bet they would have had loads of seats available.

nope, just an ordianry service i am afraid.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Juan Albion said:
Yes, it is that kind of patronising, arrogant, ignorant and disrespectful attitude towards others that starts wars, not your simplistic view of religions. Just how much do you actually know about Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism etc? I'm still waiting for you to tell us which part of the teachings of those religions is responsible for "millions of deaths."

I can't answer your question because it doesn't make sense.

If my attitude to others (religious folks) might start wars because I happen to disagree with them, then I think we have found the nub of the problem. They need to be able to take criticism and accept opposing views without wanting to start a war over it.

Now me, a committed atheist, I don't give a damn about what people say about me, my atheist beliefs (or maybe that should be non-beliefs!), the colour of my skin, my ethnic origin or anything else for that matter. However if I start heaping scorn on some religion I'm in trouble. Look at poor old Salmon Rushdie for example. Proof of a group who do not believe their beliefs can stand up to close inspection.

joannadandy

Mar 10, 2004
Minnesota USA
Having grown up in a whacky cult, I can honestly say it'd be no skin of my rump if there was no more religion allowed.

Living in fundy mid-western America tho, it will never happen here. Cripes you can't help but stumble over a Bible thumper on your way to the bathroom here.

Frankly it would make my life a hell of a lot easier if there was no religion.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Is god an atheist?

Attachments

• 169_athe.gif
    169_athe.gif
    29 KB · Views: 41

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
oapdodge said:

I must be someone decent then! Quite often my services are standing room only. :angel: :cool: Not sure it is me they are there for, though. :)

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Juan Albion said:
I must be someone decent then! Quite often my services are standing room only. :angel: :cool: Not sure it is me they are there for, though. :)

Have a good Easter Juan and everyone else, whatever your views. Chat again next week with 6 more points in the bag....hopefully.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
This thread has a life all of its own .... I only suggested nominating it as thread of the year and already US Seagull and Juan are at it again .....
But seriously it is a great thread with people really getting involved .... and it aint even football!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here