Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Are they really key players? I would argue that Steele, Veltman, Milner and Welbeck won't be first choice - and Gross might not even be here!

In terms of relegation, of course it could happen. It's a stronger league this season, but there are worse teams than us - Southampton, Ipswich, Brentford, Forest and probably Leicester (depending on their transfer window) for starters.
I would argue that, yes, they are key players. Maybe not on the pitch in the same way as they used to be, but they are unquestionably the vocal leaders in the dressing room.

On relegation, I agree. I don't think it'll happen either but it's not that wild a prediction is my point

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I don’t think we will be relegated but I am concerned about how unbalanced the squad is.

We have a load of wide attacking players, number tens and strikers yet are so thin in centre midfield.

Also our centre half options looks slow and arguably past their best in the case of Webster and dare I even say Dunk.

Excited to see us linked with Summerville but that really doesn’t feel like a priority position.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know I'm being unduly pessimistic, and I admit Keys is a HUGE twat, ......... but he might be right. Our luck might have run out. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Probably..........and one year they'll be right. Not sure it's just yet though - though there are concerns if we take our 2024 form post Roma into next season from the start.
Yes . But also worth stressing that our form - eg: the last 11 games - however terrible was actually still good enough to be 17th at worst. Sheff Utd, Luton and other teams like Wolves at the back end were still doing even worse.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes . But also worth stressing that our form - eg: the last 11 games - however terrible was actually still good enough to be 17th at worst. Sheff Utd, Luton and other teams like Wolves at the back end were still doing even worse.
Probably why our odds are currently the same as those of West Ham and Chelsea, and the betting market considers that there are 11 teams more likely to go down, including Man City.

I accept that there's the FFP factor for City and Chelsea.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He does have a point though. It certainly has a feel about it that suggests it will go very well or very badly. I'd incline towards the former though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Like numerous others I think Fabian goes either one of two ways, with no middle ground, he either rips it up and we got on to win a trophy within 2 seasons or it unravells fairly quickly but like Hypia it will be a good few months before Bloom puts his hands up and admits his mistake and by then we will be deep in a relegation fight. (mid table mediocrity's not a thing)

Never been dull supporting the Albion, but I'm taking option A, a legitmate trophy in the cabinet by May 2026. :thumbsup:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I know I'm being unduly pessimistic, and I admit Keys is a HUGE twat, ......... but he might be right. Our luck might have run out. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.
Hope not, because we will be panicking. It is likely we will be in bottom 6 and very possibly bottom 3 by early November as face all the top 6 in first 11 games.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
EWIjQpmXkAAUUUz

Alan Partridge on Richard Keys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here