Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It never ceases to amaze me how folk can triggered by a benign opinion. He thinks Albion have made a poor appointment. Time will tell. It really doesn't matter.
We are just enjoying a pile on. Leave us to have some fun, eh? It is the closed season, after all.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
“There’s only so many times that you can go to the ‘clever’ well before you find it’s run dry.”

lol, what a TOOL

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
1000011922.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Rory Jennings made the same prediction.
You know him, the one who said Haaland would be a flop in the premier league.

Nice to know little old Brighton are seen worthy of being used for click bait these days.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Moronic finger in the air prediction at this stage of the close season based on the age of the manager and with no idea who we will be signing or selling, or how many teams are going to have points deductions. One thing is certain though..Albion will not be getting points deductions and that could have a massive influence on how we do. Yes of course we might get relegated but far far too early to call, unless you don’t mind ending up with egg on your face.

Looking at you Ben Foster, the last person I remember coming out with shit like this, what happened there? Oh yes Watford were relegated :lolol:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Seriously, you lot, what an attack on the geezer just because he said some shit about us.

I’m a Scotland fan and had to endure some right old bile on here (see the two “matchday” threads in question)

Sticks n stones 🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Anyhoo, I think we’re about 20/1 to be relegated with the bookies so let’s see any of these big mouths put their hands in their pockets….nah, thought not)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I mean, I know it's Richard Keys and he's a prehistoric tool of a man, but what did he actually say that's provably wrong?

“Put Brighton down for relegation. What a strange appointment they’ve made - 31-year-old Fabian Hurzeler." - An opinion, sure, but for a top flight team to hire a coach who's only 31 and with only 18 months experience is somewhat strange in the Premier League. Not necessarily a reason for relegation, but still a risk.

“There’s his first problem. He’s younger than many of his key players - Jason Steele (33), Lewis Dunk (32), Joel Veltman (32), Pascal Gross (32), James Milner (38) and Danny Welbeck (33)." - A statement of fact. No idea if it'll be a problem or not to be honest, but it's also not that wild a theory.

“He could lose his dressing all too easily if he gets off on the wrong foot." - Correct (and you could say that of any manager)

“Good luck to him. I’ve said many times that I’ve got a real soft spot for Brighton, but I fear they’re going down the same path as their near neighbours Southampton." - This is a bit lazy, but he's not alone in this thought.

“There’s only so many times that you can go to the ‘clever’ well before you find it’s run dry.” - Another opinion, but to be fair none of us know whether this will work or not, we just (rightly) have faith in Bloom never making a Hyypia-like mistake again.

Have we got so thin-skinned as a fanbase that we can't take a few fairly broad, critical comments from a media irrelevance on the chin?

Stumpy Tim

“There’s his first problem. He’s younger than many of his key players - Jason Steele (33), Lewis Dunk (32), Joel Veltman (32), Pascal Gross (32), James Milner (38) and Danny Welbeck (33)." - A statement of fact. No idea if it'll be a problem or not to be honest, but it's also not that wild a theory.
Are they really key players? I would argue that Steele, Veltman, Milner and Welbeck won't be first choice - and Gross might not even be here!

In terms of relegation, of course it could happen. It's a stronger league this season, but there are worse teams than us - Southampton, Ipswich, Brentford, Forest and probably Leicester (depending on their transfer window) for starters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here