• No way, we belong higher than League 2

Votes: 110 85.3%

• Total voters

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
You didn't share your opinion on the subject. :thumbsup:

i think it would be sad if we went down, there are no legitimate benefits of relegation for the football club, but we should all get used to the idea because we're shite.

i don't know about anybody else but i was getting texts all night from people reacting like i'd lost a loved one, they're not even taking the piss anymore, they've started to be sympathetic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With Falmer put back a year from what was originally planned , a season in League 2 will fill this stop gap. Back to back promotions would see us in the Championship in time for Falmer.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why not just fold the club?

suggesting relegation is good is maybe the most retarded thing i have seen on here.
Thats because there's some pretty thick posters on here.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
How anyone can think going down is a good thing is just beyond me. What sort of ambition do you have as a person, let alone supporter, when you're perfectly happy to settle for massive under achievement? Regardless of all the problems we have as a club, we've still spent masses more than most clubs in this division. And we're going down! It's shocking. An appalling season on and of the pitch. Lets now not try and convince ourselves that it's ok in some manner. What are you thinking? :shutup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Probably been mentioned before but think of the gates we'd get against all those northern sides and how many away fans they would being. Div 1 looks very much like a southern based division next year with the potential of Saints, Charlton being 2 to come down.

Apart from that, if we go down will our better players want to stay?

Probably been mentioned before but think of the gates we'd get against all those northern sides and how many away fans they would being. Div 1 looks very much like a southern based division next year with the potential of Saints, Charlton being 2 to come down.

Apart from that, if we go down will our better players want to stay?

Will we be able to afford to let them stay?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m sure relegation would really impress the banks.......who we need, to build Falmer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Relegation is bad. Smaller teams, fewer fans, less money, smaller grounds, less interest, less (no) media exposure, no need for Falmer.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
there's 2 posters in this thread who have written replies in a sort-of offensive tone, attacking the poster rather than the question.

i think the original post is quite good, in that he is clearly playing devils advocate.

most of the replies have been interesting and informative, shame it's ruined by a pair of turds and their passive agressive diatribe.

carry on.

Correct. Forums are there for debates in my opinion. Not for 5 or 6 people to start the same pointless thread about utter shite.

Look what a decent topic can bring. An actual thread worth reading.

I think people are a little to hasty to jump down peoples throats.

To those that did decide to add their pennys worth in a sensible way, no matter what their views, thanks, it made a good read.

Goodnight.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
From a purely selfish point of view I think it would be rubbish in League 2 next year. League 1 is going to be really good next year - with potentially 3 big clubs, all fairly close to us, coming down (Charlton, Norwich, Southampton) and possibly two more local awaydays coming up from League 2 (Brentford, Wycombe). League 2 is full of Northern clubs, and with Luton certainly going down and possibly Barnet or Bournemouth with them, we're going to have a lot of long journeys next season.

For the club as a whole it would be a massive blow. There's very little garantee that we would be challenging at the top of the table next season, and it's also difficult to predict how many of our current squad would want to stay with us in the basement division, despite the fact they were the ones that took us there. I certainly can't see players like Murray, McNulty and Davies wantint to stay, and wouldn't be suprised if a few of our local lads felt they had to move for the sake of their career.

Attendances would be low next season. The only way we got decent crowds last time we were in League 2 was because we'd just got to Brighton - Withdean fatigue and terrible football would scare off most of the casuals unless we really put together a decent run at promotion (not even play offs).

Luckily, we are run by what seem to be a sensible and honest board, and I would hope that they have a back up plan should we get relegated, but it certainly won't do us any favours. It seems ironic that Micky Adams, the man who took the club out of one era and into a new one of relative success, is also the one to take us back where we started scrapping for our status as a League club. I'll echo what others have said by looking at clubs like Wrexham, Rushden or Grimsby - we could well be in the same position this time next year.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
on current form we would even struggle in div.2 .........all in all getting relegated this season with everything else that's going on i.e new stadium , apparrent lack of interest from any manager of note to take the job , alarming lack of form , i could go on but it's only monday.........i reckon getting relegated could be a total disaster , my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here