Votes: 11 8.5%
  • No way, we belong higher than League 2

Votes: 110 85.3%

• Total voters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Luton will be relegated, so, no.

Rochdale could be above us in the league pyramid next season! That would be staggeringly embarrasing. :laugh:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cannot see how it could possibly be a positive to go down.
Lower gates would see the club lose yet more money. In response to coming straight back up, its not that simple. Players like Murray arent going to want to play in league 2, so will leave, and we will have a weaker squad. I know there will always be the 2000 die hards like people say, I for one would still renew, but i cannot see who would pay £20upwards to watch the likes of Morecambe. If you see who has gone down recently, its worrying! I still remember the game at Grimsby a few years back to stay up, and look at where they are now! Bournemouth, luton, rotherham, chesterfield, port vale... none are going back up and are all struggling.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
there's 2 posters in this thread who have written replies in a sort-of offensive tone, attacking the poster rather than the question.

i think the original post is quite good, in that he is clearly playing devils advocate.

most of the replies have been interesting and informative, shame it's ruined by a pair of turds and their passive agressive diatribe.

carry on.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It would be a total disaster if we get relegated. After our two showings against Shrewsbury and Luton, there is nothing there to give me confidence that we can bounce straight back up again. Plus some of the players aka Jason Jarrett, McNulty and Davies will leave, because they'll not want to play in League Two! Crowds would be low and it would hit us financally!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What a fcuking stupid poll... relegation would be a disaster...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A stupid post, BW. ???

Murray, McNulty, Davies, Cox, Elphick, Livermore, Forster... All have contracts past the summer, so for them to leave would need a fee, and a fairly large fee for alot of them. We'd have money to invest in the squad, and a new manager to mould the squad how he wants to. We'd lose good players, and that's sad, but that's football. Maybe we need to rebuild, we might not get promoted straight away, but we'd have fun trying.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There is not a great deal of 'fun' trying to get out of the 4th Tier of English Football, saying that tho, the incredible prudence of our Board and Chairman would at least ensure that if we did go down, there are plenty of clubs in shambles that would probably ensure (after points deductions etc) that relegation further would be unlikely.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What a fcuking stupid poll... relegation would be a disaster...
Agree with you mate.Attendances will drop,season ticket sales will fall and away support will be shocking.Our budget will be slashed and some of our better players could be cherry picked.We don't even know if some of them have a relegation clause.On a plus side the teams in league 2 look pretty rubbish and no real big clubs who can spend money.If we do go down and i believe we will we need to bounce back straight away and not rot for a couple of seasons.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I really dont think there is much diffrence between L1 and L2. Look at teams like MK dons, there doing well in urleague after coming up in the summer and Luton, who even without their points deduction are still a poor L2 team!

If were shit in this league were not going to be running away with L2 next year!

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
Although i clicked no way, i dont really believe that brighton belong higher than league two if Brighton get relegated because in the end if we are in the crappest 4 teams from this league then we are not good enough for league 1 football hence have to play league 2.

Also i could have sworn similar things were being said when brighton got relegated from the championship. I can see that there is possible good reasoning behind getting relegated but the benefits of staying up far out weigh them, even if you just account for the attraction of new players.

Quentin

Oct 21, 2008
cant believe this thread has been started. how can anyone in there right mind say relegation could do us a favour, we would lose half of our squad for a start, not to mention the lose if revenue and adding to that we could take years to get back up, and we supposed to be funding the ground on the basis we will be a championship club

Jan 30, 2008
Ok, so no-one really wants to see their team relegated, and I'm not sure what it will mean financially. Perhaps getting promoted, or finishing in a play off place in League 2 next season, and generally playing well, therefore more people paying to watch live, etc. could even be better financially than finishing 20th this season, and then struggling again next. I'm not sure.

But relegation could mean a whole new start. New manager, new team, new confidence. All in good time for Falmer.

Just a thought. Discuss.
bit late fella, i brought this subject up on here quite recently :dunce:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
We'd free fall. The difference between League 1 and League 2 is marginal. If we're shit in this league it'll be the same if we get relegated. Some people just think if we go down, we'll miracously get promoted next year but it doesn't work like that.

How many teams actually do it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here