Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refinery strikes

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
[

This is the same Henry Ford who had his employees shot and killed by Ford security staff.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying we cannot kill our own staff now....its P.C. gone mad I tell you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just because an Italian firm has a contract doesn't mean that the workforce will be Italian. How many French railway workers have we seen on the trains in Sussex over the past twelve years?

Far to many French managers who were fecking hopeless as I had to deal with them since you asked.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You what? So no undercutting happens in IT because of cheaper pay rates abroad? Not even, say, INDIA? It's not, as you clearly think, just call centres that get moved to the sub-continent.

Can't be botehred to argue with the rest - it's mostly nonsense.

hahaha you IT nerd nob. Dont tell me about India I spend 3 months of the year there recruiting and training people to do proper jobs for men that were the cornerstone of this nation for 1000 years, not just tapping shit into a keyboard that any shaved chimp can do. as for cutting rates thats why Indian seamen get paid more than british german or scandinavian officers because they are better trained and more willing to work in a proper job that takes some balls not just bleep bleep please hit ctrl alt delete non jobs for idiots.

go away fool you are clueless about the real world unless i need to know how to do something on a computer like sort out my itunes, you nerd. dont start telling me about the free labour market you wally would last all of 15 minutes in the south china sea, facing a typhoon.

are you in india a lot mate?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
hahaha you IT nerd nob. Dont tell me about India I spend 3 months of the year there recruiting and training people to do proper jobs for men that were the cornerstone of this nation for 1000 years, not just tapping shit into a keyboard that any shaved chimp can do. as for cutting rates thats why Indian seamen get paid more than british german or scandinavian officers because they are better trained and more willing to work in a proper job that takes some balls not just bleep bleep please hit ctrl alt delete non jobs for idiots.

go away fool you are clueless about the real world unless i need to know how to do something on a computer like sort out my itunes, you nerd. dont start telling me about the free labour market you wally would last all of 15 minutes in the south china sea, facing a typhoon.

are you in india a lot mate?

Oh I see, you go looking for seamen all over the world.

BTW keep it up, that last post in NO WAY made you look like an ignorant twat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Oh I see, you go looking for seamen all over the world.

BTW keep it up, that last post in NO WAY made you look like an ignorant twat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

hahaha the nerds strike back. please dont delete my cookies mate.

you are a IT nerd

Goto 10

have you dipped into the indian labour market yourself mate as per my previous question? or not. do you really know anything about it or what you have read in Programmer Nerd Monthly. Clueless idiot.

You started to dig me out on this SuperSpaz. Tell me what you know about the Indian labour market then.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
hahaha the nerds strike back. please dont delete my cookies mate.

you are a IT nerd

Goto 10

have you dipped into the indian labour market yourself mate as per my previous question? or not. do you really know anything about it or what you have read in Programmer Nerd Monthly. Clueless idiot.

You started to dig me out on this SuperSpaz. Tell me what you know about the Indian labour market then.

Well, for a start I'm not, as you put it, and IT nerd. Yes, that does make you look stupid.

Remind again why you possibly knowing more about the Indian labour market than me is relevant. What point were you going to prove? That's right there wasn't one, which is why your original post was UTTER nonsense. Anyway, carry on, I'm sure everyone was finding this train of non-thought FASCINATING.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I cant BELIEVE that you feel the NEED to HIGHLIGHT your POINTS in capital LETTERS to make NO sense at all. This thread is about imported labour, what points have you raised on this thread. None.

You just got all defensive as someone has highlighted your darling boring IT profession as something that can be done by many handed monkey worshippers in Bangalore for a 10th of the price as some div in Hassocks.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
For the love of God (or Krisha or whoever), could somebody please insert a little punctuation into these rants, so I can read them without going cross-eyed after the first two lines?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
you will have to ask the IT boys they will be glad to help if they have not been outsourced....

i talk ill informed shit

Goto 10

i am a clueless defensive nob with no coherent arguments about the british labour market

Goto 20

oops i am unemployed due to my own smugness and lack of transferable skills and complacency

please insert chuckie egg tape

please restart your computer press yes/no/cancel to rid your pc of these utter morons

It's wrong to strike against foreign workers from the EU coming over and finding work.

It's certainly wrong for a whole exclusive work force to come over and monopolize their participation with one company, excluding British workers.

So, imho, the strikers are quite correct, and all power to them.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Brilliant. That's a well constructed, coherent argument if ever I heard it.

i have just got told off for it
but i stand by it
what sort of board is this
how old are you going running to the mods because someone called a name
can i call you a baby ?
how old are you
for xxxx sake i have seen people on here caling players worse
so i wil lwait til i meet you to call yyou names again

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yep, that's pretty much what I'm saying. I'm afraid that this thread will reveal me as a raving Tory. I don't believe in Unions and am essentially (even after everything that has happened) a free marketeer.

Spoken like someone who has never been made redundant.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I work in IT and our firm is one of the most culturaly diverse companies I have ever seen.

we have no problems whatsoever

That's an interesting point. Late last year I was working in a hospital in Middlesex and out of a team of 25 only three of use were white, the majority being of Asian extraction (all with varying degrees of Home County accents as they and most of their parents were born here) and a few Afro Carribean guys, who also had the same type of accent. What was ironic was that most of the people on the team were complaining bitterly about how many jobs had been lost to the Asian sub continent.

The bottom line is that this issue is not about race !

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
iam not going to read all 5 pages of thid thread but i will put in my opinion.
firstly if the employees are from the eec then no problem.

secondly ALL employees employed in britain should be able to speak and read english so that they can follow all health and safety rules.

it makes sense to me that everyone at work should easily be able to follow simple rules in the language of the country that they work in so that they dont have or cause an accident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here