Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp and the jury's out (merged) ** NOT GUILTY**

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
He'll be found innocent, because he's Harry Redknapp & he can't read or write.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Perhaps we are guilty :) of overlooking the other party in this, Mr Mandaric. Is it possible that they find Harry not guilty, but MM Guilty?

Here you are. Should be soon though.

Blimey, when you lay it out like that, it really does look outrageous, doesn't it? The Football League are basically saying 'because we are incapable of ensuring that our football clubs are run sensibly (or paying any losses incurred), we need to protect the integrity of our competition'.

Surely the FL could cut out bad practice in one fell swoop by introducing some rules of participation relating to financial affairs? Demand quarterly accounts, ban any club making an (unfunded) loss over a 12 month period, and enforce a maximum liabilities law (i.e. clubs are only allowed to hold debts equal to a certain percentage, say 50%, of the value of the club and assets).

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Perhaps we are guilty :) of overlooking the other party in this, Mr Mandaric. Is it possible that they find Harry not guilty, but MM Guilty?

I think more likely the other way round, Mandaric is saying it was tax paid american money that he was going to invest on Harrys behalf, if true he has done nothing wrong unless the nest egg made a profit in which case harry would have to declare unearned income.

As the story goes that Mandaric lost the money then harry hasn't financially benefitted and no laws have been broken, seems to me to be more a case of a potential infringement rather than an actual one. I think it will be not guilty on both counts, just my opinion, we will soon see.

If this board was an impartial jury the evidence so far points to no majority decision.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
looks like they will be sent home for the night.

no wonder the legal system is backed up when they only work part days!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If this board was an impartial jury the evidence so far points to no majority decision.
If this board was a jury you'd be locked up for having sex with your mother/sister ;)

Fortunately, we're not trusted with anything important.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
which book ,beckham's book , tony adams's or perhaps some shakespear or a mr meddle....???

Broken Dreams in which the author, cant remember his name, highlighted the backhanders in football and named Arry as one of the major culprits but no action was ever taken against him, none of those named sued him.

Just looked on Amazon it waa written by Tom Bower.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well for me Harry one way or another will not be the next England manager,however the name i am about to suggest could well be a short term appointment to get the F/A out of a spot (assuming Fabio goes) and take charge for Euro 2012 is Alan Curbishley. When you look who else is around i keep coming back to him. The West Ham link is there Greenwood,Brooking in at the F/A Curbs is 'clean' and you would have to say a likeable and respected manger. Just a thought.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I did hear thet Stuart Pearce was lined up but that would be ludicrous so I choose not to believe this particular tip off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What has Curbishley achieved in recent years, nothing as he has been out of the game too long so much so that even premier clubs do not consider him now or at least he is never on a short list for a job in the press.

D

Deleted member 18477

Maybe we could get some of some of those black twats in the team to f*** off as well?*

*I think we all know the point I am making here, before the board explodes with rage at me.

They're English though. The England managers job is no place for a greedy foreigner with no passion who says he's going to do one thing but do another! It's a job for an Englishman and if I had my way the national boss should have to be the same nationality LIKE THE PLAYERS ARE!

I'm not doubting his ability. He could win us the world cup and I'd still hate him.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Well for me Harry one way or another will not be the next England manager,however the name i am about to suggest could well be a short term appointment to get the F/A out of a spot (assuming Fabio goes) and take charge for Euro 2012 is Alan Curbishley. When you look who else is around i keep coming back to him. The West Ham link is there Greenwood,Brooking in at the F/A Curbs is 'clean' and you would have to say a likeable and respected manger. Just a thought.

Yes but they tried a "clean" manager with McClaren and look where that went and didn't the newspapers find him having affairs or something.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I have always wanted an English manager myself, feel very strongly about it, but in no way does that view make Capello a "twat" in my opinion.

Do you want an english manager because its the england team? If so should the whole backroom team of trainers, physios etc also be english? That could work out to be an employment nightmare.

I actually think Capello has done a pretty good job and certainly no worse than previous managers but not really any better either however one thing i have noticed is the players seem to be happier in possesion of the football and have a more patient build-up approach than they have before. I think the biggest trouble with the england manager job is its more down to managing the players and their egos.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It's just a thought and some of you have already remarked 'out of the game too long' 'having affairs or something' decent points i just think with Brooking at the F/A and i believe in a powerful position, a short term appointment like Curbs seems to fit their style of doing things. If not him and if Harry is 'out of the game' just who do you choose ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here