Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp and the jury's out (merged) ** NOT GUILTY**

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If he is found not guilty, it could have serious ramifications for HMRC. As British law is based on case law (ie what happens in one case has bearings on future cases) It would establish the principle that someone's employer could pay a bonus and if the employer said that it was a gift, then no tax would be paid on it. HMRC could be looking at losing a lot of money over this.

Like everyone's wage going down to £1 less than the threshold and rest being paid as a "gift"?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
From what I have heard from the trial there is no way he will be found guilty.

Easily not guilty and not long to decide it

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Let him go free. Get him in the England hot seat now and tell that Italian twat to finally f*** off and return to being the postman he truly is!

Yeah Capello's shite, what's he won compared to Arry?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If he is found not guilty, it could have serious ramifications for HMRC. As British law is based on case law (ie what happens in one case has bearings on future cases) It would establish the principle that someone's employer could pay a bonus and if the employer said that it was a gift, then no tax would be paid on it. HMRC could be looking at losing a lot of money over this.

I thought there was an upper limit on gifts though ? Personally I think he'll be found guilty ( he's effectively admitted not paying tax on the money regardless of whether it was a stupid oversight or not). Not sure what the punishment will be, it will go one of two ways - almost bugger all or the book thrown at him because of the current clamour to hit tax evaders.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will be found innocent, as the judge has required a guilty vote by 100% of the jury.

Only takes one Spurs fan, or someone confused by the smoke screens laid out in 7 days of defence by expensively paid barristers, for the case to fail now.

Would be a blow for HMRC, the Police & the taxpayer ... because other employer/employee situations can then be similarly defended as just a 'loan' to an employee. Evading 50% tax, 13.8% employers NIC and 1% marginal employees NIC.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He'll get off. Because he's Harry Redknapp, a man whose entire career has been surrounded by whispers and allegations, and who has never yet been found guilty of anything. Despite his own mates telling people "Harry likes a bung". He is the Teflon man.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah Capello's shite, what's he won compared to Arry?

That's true, what's Capello ever achieved?

Get the Sandbanks man-motivator-supreme in on £6m per year(through PAYE), will almost guarantee Euro & WC finals at least.
Will turn his relative Frank, Lescott, Baines, Bent ... into world beaters for sure.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
he will get banged up for 3 months, freed in six weeks, and daniel whatsisname will keep his spuds job open for him...

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
There would be a big sense of irony if he was sound not guilty. The claims are he hasn't paid tax, yet how much will this case cost the tax payer?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i guess prison terms are for every tom, dick or harry. Oh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some Pompey fan has labelled him "Tefal Harry" on Twitter.

The last time I looked, Tefal made kettles...am I missing a hilarious joke here or does he actually mean Teflon?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Will be found innocent, as the judge has required a guilty vote by 100% of the jury.

That is always the starting position - that it should be unanimous. If however in a couple of days they say that they have a majority and there is one 'sticking' juror then a judge may accept the a majority of 11-1 or 10-2.

The judge's summing up is very interesting and gives a clear view (in my opinion) of what he believes the verdict should be!

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
My guess is that he'll be found guilty. The evidence against him is compelling and his only defence seems to be that he has paid millions in tax, so why would he dodge a 30k payment, unless I missed something (which is, of course, entirely probable!)

I agree his argument that with all his money why would he dodge 30k, well the simple answer is because people that have money are greedy fuckers and just because you have a few quid your not going to avoid a relatively small tax bill is bollox, has to be more to this but they can't prove it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
what a shame that he was at great pains to stress how thick he is only to then rely on a defence of "I'd have been daft to do it wouldn't I?".

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That is always the starting position - that it should be unanimous. If however in a couple of days they say that they have a majority and there is one 'sticking' juror then a judge may accept the a majority of 11-1 or 10-2.

The judge's summing up is very interesting and gives a clear view (in my opinion) of what he believes the verdict should be!

Not guilty ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Some Pompey fan has labelled him "Tefal Harry" on Twitter.

The last time I looked, Tefal made kettles...am I missing a hilarious joke here or does he actually mean Teflon?

Tefal were the first to use teflon as a non stick coating. However i suspect the Pompey fan just got confused as I'd doubt he would know that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here