Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp and the jury's out (merged) ** NOT GUILTY**

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Guilty.... Not Guilty..... Don't really care. I would still want him appointed England manager this week.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree his argument that with all his money why would he dodge 30k, well the simple answer is because people that have money are greedy fuckers and just because you have a few quid your not going to avoid a relatively small tax bill is bollox, has to be more to this but they can't prove it.

Isn't it generally the case that the richest amongst us pay proportionately the least taxes anyway, because they can afford to pay top accountants to weasel the system. Therefore they clearly DO care about taxes. Personally, if someone offered to save me £30,000 in tax, I think I'd be saying yes no matter how rich I was (legally, of course).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Your missing the point. Capello is not f***ing English.

I have always wanted an English manager myself, feel very strongly about it, but in no way does that view make Capello a "twat" in my opinion.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Isn't it generally the case that the richest amongst us pay proportionately the least taxes anyway, because they can afford to pay top accountants to weasel the system. Therefore they clearly DO care about taxes. Personally, if someone offered to save me £30,000 in tax, I think I'd be saying yes no matter how rich I was (legally, of course).

Oh yeah of course but it would still make you a greedy fucker.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh yeah of course but it would still make you a greedy fucker.

Of course :thumbsup:

My point being that you don't get to be as rich as Harry if you don't worry about the occasional £30,000.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Tefal were the first to use teflon as a non stick coating. However i suspect the Pompey fan just got confused as I'd doubt he would know that.

Yeah and in my opinion still make the best pans. However, that's just cos I like the little red spot that changes colour.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
On the one hand I feel he should be guilty, especially in the current climate of bashing anyone who gets a 'bonus' or cleverly hides money from the taxman. Plus the uneasy feeling that anyone so closely associated with Pompey's dodgy finances must be bent.

On the other hand I suspect that Harry's barristers will have done such a good job that he will be acquitted and commended by the Judge for being such a good allround geezer. Meanwhile Rosie 47 will go down for a 10 stretch for fitting up his master.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's true, what's Capello ever achieved?

Get the Sandbanks man-motivator-supreme in on £6m per year(through PAYE), will almost guarantee Euro & WC finals at least.
Will turn his relative Frank, Lescott, Baines, Bent ... into world beaters for sure.

In 30 years of football management what has Redknapp achieved though? He's taken some teams up with (generally) a huge financial advantage, he won Pompey the FA Cup and bankrupted them in the process and fair play he has done well at Spurs but I'd expect a bit more from a good manager over such a long period of time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let him go free. Get him in the England hot seat now and tell that Italian twat to finally f*** off and return to being the postman he truly is!

Maybe we could get some of some of those black twats in the team to f*** off as well?*

*I think we all know the point I am making here, before the board explodes with rage at me.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell

My point being that you don't get to be as rich as Harry if you don't worry about the occasional £30,000.

So it's still all about greed, when is enough enough?? 20, 30, 40 million at what point do you say it's only 30k just pay it, it's the world we live in now that it's never enough.

Luis figo for example. must of made fortunes in his playing career yet still feels the need to do adverts for 'just for men' does he need the money? did he do it for nothing? i think not.

On top of this, wasn't there a suggestion that in fact his accounts are dodgy as shit, and in fact HMRC have simply picked the most cast iron case that they had. I wonder whether, if he's found guilty, they'll use it as an excuse to get forensic accountants in and try to pin some more on him.

For me, he's guilty. Apparently they weeded Spurs fans off the jury, so he shouldn't gain any advantage from that, and the way it's been painted in the media he has no defence besides 'I'm a bit thick guv, honest'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
For me, he's guilty. Apparently they weeded Spurs fans off the jury, so he shouldn't gain any advantage from that, and the way it's been painted in the media he has no defence besides 'I'm a bit thick guv, honest'.

I think that's where the Judge's summing up was going.

HMRC has a real torrid relationship with Football given the way clubs seem quite able to avoid paying them whenever they feel like it and if this goes against them then I wonder where they will focus next?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think that's where the Judge's summing up was going.

HMRC has a real torrid relationship with Football given the way clubs seem quite able to avoid paying them whenever they feel like it and if this goes against them then I wonder where they will focus next?

Would be nice (given that they're chasing £30k from Redknapp) to think they'd go after the millions owed to them- and us- by one of his old clubs :angry:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On top of this, wasn't there a suggestion that in fact his accounts are dodgy as shit, and in fact HMRC have simply picked the most cast iron case that they had. I wonder whether, if he's found guilty, they'll use it as an excuse to get forensic accountants in and try to pin some more on him.

Ken Dodd used the same defence and got away with it.

Hmmm. Do you know where the HMRC challenge to the FL's Preferential Football Creditor Rule ended up? I know it was in court in late November last year but haven't been able to find the outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here