Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic alternatives to McGhee

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Im still all for the cat.....wont cost much in wages.....almost certain results (as described by trigger above) and withdean wont suffer from any sort of RODENT problems in the future !! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: ITS GOT TO BE THE CAT :clap2: :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Man of Harveys said:
So - in amongst the hormones - still no-one then? Just Dean Wilkins? Blimey, he'd better know what he's doing.

Is it the fans job to find a manager? no its the board

shall we all suggest target men as well or even left backs?

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't give a f*** who is replacement could be (there WOULD be decent applications as has been pointed out). All I know is McGhee is taking this club backwards, regardless of the Falmer situation. His tactics are ridiculous. He put Revell out wide right to win headers for f*** sake. What's the point of winning a header out there?

Because teams have found it harder to defend his knock-downs from out wide, he has got some success from playing out there, many of his knock-downs and lay-offs find an Albion player and both his assists have come from that position.

If you were watching keenly during the Crewe game when he was shifted to centre-forward, he was winning headers but the ball was never going to an Albion player.

I very much hope McGhee sticks with Revell on the right, that is where he has played well for us.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Credit to the manager for keeping our squad intact then? :)

Agreed - there is not much to choose between us and Crewe at the moment. But yet you want McGhee sacked but realise how embarassing making such a similar call for Gradi is.
I'm not sure people were beating down the door to take anyone off our hands.

It would be embarassing for me to make such a call for Gradi, because I spend pretty much every Saturday at Brighton games and because of this only see Crewe two times a season at most, so I could not possibly comment. I don't see how that is relevant.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

If you were watching keenly during the Crewe game when he was shifted to centre-forward, he was winning headers but the ball was never going to an Albion player.

Why not, might I ask?

Kinky Gerbils said:

I seem to remember that when this thread was held a few months back, the most popular choice of the Magoo Out dribblers (even though he wasn't a free agent) was Phil Parkinson.

Tell you what, he is more credible candidate now, given that he might be a free agent in a couple of months! :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I seem to remember that when this thread was held a few months back, the most popular choice of the Magoo Out dribblers (even though he wasn't a free agent) was Phil Parkinson.

Tell you what, he is more credible candidate now, given that he might be a free agent in a couple of months! :lol:

For doing near enough the same thing as Mcghee?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Kinky Gerbils said:

Sure, why not, it happens every day on here, it's happened today - player comes free somewhere, we mention that we'd like to sign him. Sadly we never seem to...

You could always do the same with managers, if you could think of someone - realistically - likely to be better. I haven't seen many suggestions that make much sense so far. Keep going.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why not, might I ask?

Because Crewe were defending well and Alex was always jumping against tall, hard-contesting centre-backs, who were forcing him into far less control over the direction of his headers. Out wide, he generally has often had the beating of a smaller full-back, and hence has found more joy directing his knock-downs to an Albion player.

That's not to say Revell should never be tried at centre-forward there but it's a tactical risk taking him away from a position where he has done well.

Reminds me of a year ago when NSC demanded that Dean Hammond be moved from the left (the place where he was getting all his goals) into centre-midfield.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
You just cannot help yourself....

Funnily enough, it's a phrase I learnt on here from the poster by the name of Uncle Buck :)

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Wanderer said:
This is why not :-
Dean Wilkins - No Management Experience
John Byrne - No Management Experience
Ian and John - No Coaching Experience
Barry Lloyd - No Scouting Experience

Other than that, and excellent idea, at least we'd get relegated with proper Albion men at the helm

Think this was a bit tongue in cheek you utter bell end!

Silent Bob said:
I'm not sure people were beating down the door to take anyone off our hands.

It would be embarassing for me to make such a call for Gradi, because I spend pretty much every Saturday at Brighton games and because of this only see Crewe two times a season at most, so I could not possibly comment. I don't see how that is relevant.

It's relevant because you've said Crewe have similar resources and yet are lower in the table than us. You want to sack the manager higher up the table. Just plain inconsistent really.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wilkins. He should have had the job for the last 6 games of last season, then he could have shipped out the dross in the summer, and got his team together.

But better late than never. McGhee should go, and Wilkins given his chance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
It's relevant because you've said Crewe have similar resources and yet are lower in the table than us. You want to sack the manager higher up the table. Just plain inconsistent really.

Quite a few Crewe fans want him gone

Kinky Gerbils said:
For doing near enough the same thing as Mcghee?

Exactly! So you think Phil Parkinson should now be sacked, yeah? (I don't by the way but I'd like the Magoo outers to start applying their ridiculous standards to other managers).

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kinky Gerbils said:
Quite a few Crewe fans want him gone

Right we will have him then. In fact can we swap?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here