philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Reading
Fulham
Middlesborough
Wigan
Bolton

What do ANY of them bring to the Premier League?

nothing....'plastic' fans who used to support manu or chelsea etc 'manufactuered' clubs..... rubbish football. middlesborough always look like they might do summin but dont. coincidently i think middles borough could be next season surprise team :jester:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm not particularly interested in any of them.

I'd replace them with:

Brighton
Norwich
Forest
Sheffield Wednesday
Leicester

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
having lived in reading whilst at university - i am so glad they have gone down.

shut all the pricks around here up, 'cheering' on readings success. half of them cant even name their old stadium. show up when your winning....

wonder how many will renew their season tickets now....

1066gull

Reading
Fulham
Middlesborough
Wigan
Bolton

Be easy on Fulham and Bolton.

Fulham have been good, its jsut the last two years they've been shit. van der Sar, Saha, Zat Knight. They were a good outfit under Coleman.

Bolton brought determination with Allardyce, and Megson has brought it back after Sammy Lee. Just a shame they will always have a small fanbase. Have to see how they do next season, think there gonna be on a bit of a downward if Megson changes their style

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
It's more of a travesty that Fulham are still hanging on in the Prem, they are truly dreadful, have been for years, and it's it's only Pompey's ridiculously crap pre-Cup Final form that's saved they're worthless skins. Nailed on to go down next season, you can bet your house on it.

I'm not so sure. Stoke are down already. So is one of Bristol City or Hull. Thats only one relegation place to play for the likes of Middlesbrough, Wigan, West Brom, Fulham & Bolton. My moneys on Middlebrough. I can see another clearout in the summer.

1066gull

I'm not particularly interested in any of them.

I'd replace them with:

Brighton
Norwich
Forest
Sheffield Wednesday
Leicester

Its same old same old apart from us

I want different teams who FILL THEIR STADIUM.

Swansea would be go, Bristol will be good because then can fill their stadium (OK its small but it they have character)

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Do you think that they will press on with plans to extend their shit stadium to 35k?

Small minded town, shit club - lets hope it's the first of many relegations for that shitty little club.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
Fulham
Middlesborough
Wigan
Bolton

The list of pointless Premiership fixtures is endless:

Wigan V Bolton
Fulham v Boro
Everton v Derby
Derby v Newcastle
Reading v Man City
Birmingham v Sunderland
Chelsea v Anyone
Wigan v Sunderland
Sunderland v Reading
Fulham v Derby
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Newcastle v Wigan.............. etc. etc.

The list is ENDLESS!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just as well some of you weren't around 25+ years ago to watch meaningless matches in the top division such as

Brighton v Bristol City
Brighton v Swansea
Brighton v Notts County
etc.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Happy to see them go down. Fulham deserve to stay up much more than them, and I hate their fans and Coppell. All round great.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I must admit I watched the Derby/Reading game just to enjoy seeing the Reading fans singing and dancing and doing the Pompey chimes . . . and then go all quiet.

The Derby fans were singing "you win 3-0 and you're still going down. . ." (before they got the 4th, of course).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Made my day although i live here:)
The fans are proper part time and the away followings at times this season is terrible for a premiership club,many of my mates are spurs and chelsea but have season tickets.Don't get me wrong the chairman has done a great job and they haven't even splashed that much cash???

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
The list of pointless Premiership fixtures is endless:

Wigan V Bolton
Fulham v Boro
Everton v Derby
Derby v Newcastle
Reading v Man City
Birmingham v Sunderland
Chelsea v Anyone
Wigan v Sunderland
Sunderland v Reading
Fulham v Derby
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Newcastle v Wigan.............. etc. etc.

The list is ENDLESS!

Didn't Setanta show all those games!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just as well some of you weren't around 25+ years ago to watch meaningless matches in the top division such as

Brighton v Bristol City
Brighton v Swansea
Brighton v Notts County
etc.

Don't be stupid football began in 1996.

I've had this idea for a while that the last Champions League place should be decided by a play off.

The loser getting a UEFA place etc...

I don't need to explain to how a system like this would revitalise the premiership in the same way it has for the lower leagues.

I explained this to some Premiership fans at work and their response was:

.. you'll end up with a shit team in Europe.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm not so sure. Stoke are down already. So is one of Bristol City or Hull. Thats only one relegation place to play for the likes of Middlesbrough, Wigan, West Brom, Fulham & Bolton. My moneys on Middlebrough. I can see another clearout in the summer.

Crikey, Stoke are already down :rolleyes: must have missed that.

So, a few years ago there was no chance of Wigan sustaining Premier League football, they are still there, and Reading were written off in their first season, but stayed up. But now we can catergorically state that Stoke are down, golly, you are a little ray of sunshine aren't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here