Reading Relegated, I'm so happy

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Reading Relegated, I'm so happy.

Can't stand em, Plastic fans.

Where were you when you were shit, ha ha ha

and Palace losing 2-1 at home to Brizzle

Great weather, loads of ale. Can the weekend get any better ???

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Reading Relegated, I'm so happy.

Can't stand em, Plastic fans.

Where were you when you were shit, ha ha ha

and Palace losing 2-1 at home to Brizzle

Great weather, loads of ale. Can the weekend get any better ???

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Palace lost 2-0 didn't they?

Sorry was thinking of Watford vs Hull

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Just think - if we'd waited a week we could have had Coppell instead of Adams:D

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Cant help thinking they will come straight back up though.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, if we get promoted to the Premiership in 4 or 5 years, will the 18 or 19 thousand fans who attend every week in addition to those of us who do now all be plastic fans???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gonna be very interested to see Reading's crowd figures next season, especially if they start badly.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So so happy about Reading going down too.

Lots of time for Coppell but detest Reading and their poncy nonce of a chairman. Will be interesting to see what happens with season ticket sales and all those supporters that bought one to see United and Liverpool etc.

And if Hunt does go for £5million to Sunderland what does that say about Knight's failure to back Coppell hen he was going to take him from Brentford on a Bosman, who released him fro free a little while later?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well at least they had a good FA cup run!. lol

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
So, if we get promoted to the Premiership in 4 or 5 years, will the 18 or 19 thousand fans who attend every week in addition to those of us who do now all be plastic fans???

Yeah, some of them will be, do ya not agree :rolleyes:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yeah, some of them will be, do ya not agree :rolleyes:

I guess my point is that whilst I also thought the whole idea of Reading making it to the prem was an afront to loyal footie fans of many other clubs seemingly more deserving, it's a little unfair to call their fans any more plastic than those who turn up to any team that is doing well.

John Madjeski worked hard to put them there, and they have done well. The same goes for many many teams that have had success. Madjeski set out to get his side into the Prem, with that comes the fact that you need to get new fans to the ground, which they have done.

Surely plastic fans are those who turn up to watch teams like Millwall, QPR, Villa, Blackburn, when they have had empty seats all season long, then when a choice game against Chelsea, Liverpool, United Leeds etc comes up, they all turn out. Why aren't they there every week?

The Reading fans have been there week in week out for the past 2 seasons, many times recording bigger crowds than Blackburn, Middlesborough, Fulham, and others in the Prem.

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased to see them relegated, after all the run-ins we had with them, Pardew as manager, those things that build a rivalry, but plastic fans, personally I don't think so. (IMO of course)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dunno, can't really get worked up to gloat at Reading's demise :shrug:

Tho hopefully it'll put an end to that miserable 'one day the Albion could be as big as Reading' horseshit.

It's more of a travesty that Fulham are still hanging on in the Prem, they are truly dreadful, have been for years, and it's it's only Pompey's ridiculously crap pre-Cup Final form that's saved they're worthless skins. Nailed on to go down next season, you can bet your house on it.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Dunno, can't really get worked up to gloat at Reading's demise :shrug:

Tho hopefully it'll put an end to that miserable 'one day the Albion could be as big as Reading' horseshit.

It's more of a travesty that Fulham are still hanging on in the Prem, they are truly dreadful, have been for years, and it's it's only Pompey's ridiculously crap pre-Cup Final form that's saved they're worthless skins. Nailed on to go down next season, you can bet your house on it.

Fulham to me are a proper football club whilst Reading are just nonentities. Could n't really explain why I have that feeling, I just do. Would be interesting to hear other's views on both clubs.

I'm not particularly worked up about it but am glad that Fulham stayed up over Reading.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Delighted to see them go.

Waste of a Premiership space having them there

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd much rather see Fulham and that utter turd of an owner go down, have no feelings about Reading except the fact that a perennial also ran side making the Premier should give teams like us a bit of hope.

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
delighted they gone down. twats. suprised they took a large following to derby. they never sold out there allocation when we played em down here. they dont deserve to be in the premiership

shit fans, shit team. cheery f***ing o!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here