Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ray Clemence RIP

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Its also why I only could ever dive one way! my bedroom size and lay-out left me with no option!!

Me too, I reckon it’s a bit to do with why I’m ‘left’. The number of times I dived to save Liverpool in the final of the European Cup “...AND CLEMENCE TIPS IT OVER THE BAR!” (in a high pitched Peter Jones mimic) Halcyon days, full of Shoot and Match pullouts and dodgy reception radio 2 sports night programmes from a soviet satellite far away :)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We got bored during that game and went for a wander from the south stand into offices and other rooms under the west stand. Delinquents!

Hey, that was mine too! Nov 10. Liverpool won 4-1.

I used to be a fan of the Ray Clemence column in Shoot magazine. Not sure how much help he had writing it but it always came across in his tone of voice and provided quite a level-headed and fascinating insight to what being a player at a top club was like.

Don't remember much of the game but loved the Goldstone and the stripes, that was me hooked !

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We got bored during that game and went for a wander from the south stand into offices and other rooms under the west stand. Delinquents!

I was standing on the obligatory milk crate on the terraces of the Chicken Run, which was packed.

Liverpool fans were in the north east corner. I remember at one point we all hushed each other so that we could hear them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here